Marxist Pelosi Fixing Law to Eliminate God from Oath in House. Vote!

Should Pelosi eliminate "so help me God" from oaths in committees?

• No

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters
Keep your fairy tales out of my government.

Atheism isn't protected by the First Amendment, Dude or dudette. The Bill of Rights was written to protect Christian Pilgrims from the persecution their beliefs received before getting kicked out of screwed up Europe and its artsy fartsy Monarchs who hated the poor and negated them to be labeled peons, riff-raff, pisanos, etc.

But not to worry. Nobody will bother you if you leave our laws and protections alone.

Actually, the Founding Fathers felt the religion was the source of most European wars and felt that ALL religion should be strictly kept out of government. They weren't against religion, but felt that it was exploited and used to turn people against one another. Given the discussions we've seem here, I would say they had a good point.

They wanted each person to be free to worship according to their beliefs, but they were quite adament that religion should play no role in government. Because if religion is a part of government, whose religion will be the government's religion? I'm a Christian, an elder in my congregation and a Sunday school teacher, but I have seen the brand of religion you espouse, and I am telling you that I find it unChristian and would not want any part of a government formulated along the lines of your right wing theology, because I believe Christ would condemn it.

And that, my dear, is whjy the Founders want religion kept out of government.

So Nancy is right and the oath should be changed.

Last edited:
I voted NO

PeLousy can not and will not eliminate

GOD from the house vote

she is another piece of Satanist ....like her sister Hillary Clinton

both will burn in Hell!

BOTH.

:rolleyes:

I voted NO

GOD from the house vote

both will burn in Hell!

BOTH.
She has a majority, The DNC announced a few campaigns back they were going atheist

Oh did they. Link?

What does a political party have to do with religion anyway? How could one "go atheist" or "go theist" or "go Buddhist" or whatever? How is it related?
Haven't found it yet. I watched it, but can't remember the year. I did find this article on a similar vein, Pogo, but I will continue looking for what I witnessed on tv that evening of the Democrat Primary, way back when. Thank you for your patience.

Here's so far what I found: THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY’S WAR ON CHRISTIANITY

Excerpt (more at link above)
It all began on June 25th, 1962. The United States Supreme Court decided in Engel v. Vitale that a prayer approved by the New York Board of Regents for use in schools violated the First Amendment by constituting an establishment of religion.

The following year, in Abington School District v. Schempp, the Court found Bible readings in public schools also in violation of the First Amendment. (Reliion and Politics

These two landmark Supreme Court decisions started the war against the Christian religion in the US, because these laws effectively removed all mention of the Christian God from public schools.

~~~

During Podesta’s tenure as chairman of the 2016 Hillary Clinton presidential campaign, his emails were hacked and released to the press. The hacked emails provided evidence of animosity toward Republican Catholics by Hillary’s top campaign staffers.

In an email from John Halpin, Center for American Progress fellow, to Clinton aide Jennifer Palmieri, Halpin noted several prominent conservatives were Catholics and accused them of “an amazing bastardization of the [Catholic] faith.”

Palmieri’s response was that wealthy people find conservatism more acceptable from Catholics than from Evangelicals.

Halpin said, “They must be attracted to the systematic thought and severely backwards gender relations and must be totally unaware of Christian democracy.”​

I voted NO

GOD from the house vote

both will burn in Hell!

BOTH.
She has a majority, The DNC announced a few campaigns back they were going atheist

Oh did they. Link?

What does a political party have to do with religion anyway? How could one "go atheist" or "go theist" or "go Buddhist" or whatever? How is it related?
Haven't found it yet. I watched it, but can't remember the year. I did find this article on a similar vein, Pogo, but I will continue looking for what I witnessed on tv that evening of the Democrat Primary, way back when. Thank you for your patience.

It all began on June 25th, 1962. The United States Supreme Court decided in Engel v. Vitale that a prayer approved by the New York Board of Regents for use in schools violated the First Amendment by constituting an establishment of religion.

The following year, in Abington School District v. Schempp, the Court found Bible readings in public schools also in violation of the First Amendment. (Reliion and Politics

These two landmark Supreme Court decisions started the war against the Christian religion in the US, because these laws effectively removed all mention of the Christian God from public schools.

~~~

During Podesta’s tenure as chairman of the 2016 Hillary Clinton presidential campaign, his emails were hacked and released to the press. The hacked emails provided evidence of animosity toward Republican Catholics by Hillary’s top campaign staffers.

In an email from John Halpin, Center for American Progress fellow, to Clinton aide Jennifer Palmieri, Halpin noted several prominent conservatives were Catholics and accused them of “an amazing bastardization of the [Catholic] faith.”

Palmieri’s response was that wealthy people find conservatism more acceptable from Catholics than from Evangelicals.

Halpin said, “They must be attracted to the systematic thought and severely backwards gender relations and must be totally unaware of Christian democracy.”​

Oh, Becki...... :itsok:

I'm afraid upholding the Constitutional prohibition on religion in government does not constitute a "war on Christianity" ---- unless you were first expecting "Christianity" to be in charge of the government.

And that's exactly what the Founders who wrote that Constitution were trying to distance themselves from ---- a world where the Clergy and the Aristocracy ran everything.

the youtube site is a fake news site, do you have any other links on this???

Yeah it's interesting that the sole source is an anonymous computer voice laid over an image of Nancy Pelosi with no reference at all. I didn't bother with that, I just addressed the question as given, regardless whether it's a real proposal or not.

But you'd think a legitimate news source, if it had a legitimate story, would quote the person instead of laying out a still picture and then having a computer-generated voice make shit up over it, so that nobody in the world can be held accountable. How far we've sunk.

Last edited:
This speech was delivered by Barack Obama in 2006, attacking Christianity using Old Testament (Old Covenant) particulars, and a specious reference to Christ's Sermon on the Mount:

Keep your fairy tales out of my government.

Atheism isn't protected by the First Amendment, Dude or dudette. The Bill of Rights was written to protect Christian Pilgrims from the persecution their beliefs received before getting kicked out of screwed up Europe and its artsy fartsy Monarchs who hated the poor and negated them to be labeled peons, riff-raff, pisanos, etc.

But not to worry. Nobody will bother you if you leave our laws and protections alone.

Actually, the Founding Fathers felt the religion was the source of most European wars and felt that ALL religion should be strictly kept out of government. They weren't against religion, but felt that it was exploited and used to turn people against one another. Given the discussions we've seem here, I would say they had a good point.

They wanted each person to be free to worship according to their beliefs, but they were quite adament that religion should play no role in government. Because if religion is a part of government, whose religion will be the government's religion? I'm a Christian, an elder in my congregation and a Sunday school teacher, but I have seen the brand of religion you espouse, and I am telling you that I find it unChristian and would not want any part of a government formulated along the lines of your right wing theology, because I believe Christ would condemn it.

And that, my dear, is whjy the Founders want religion kept out of government.

So Nancy is right and the oath should be changed.

Nice web of lies mixed with a little truth. The Founders came from Britain (as you no doubt know). The Anglican Church was the "State" Church and the citizens were forced to go there and worship. THAT is reason the Constitution was worded the way it was. You speak with double tongue, IF they wanted NO reference of God they wouldn't have put those words into the text. Try again but be carful, I may be a bot.

I voted yes. What if the person taking the oath doesn't beleive in God? We're not a christian nation/government after all.

I voted NO

GOD from the house vote

both will burn in Hell!

BOTH.

Oh did they. Link?

~~~

I'm afraid upholding the Constitutional prohibition on religion in government does not constitute a "war on Christianity" ---- unless you were first expecting "Christianity" to be in charge of the government.

And that's exactly what the Founders who wrote that Constitution were trying to distance themselves from ---- a world where the Clergy and the Aristocracy ran everything.

"Constitutional prohibition on religion in government"

Typical back asswards "interpretation.

"
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

You see it was written to Gov out of Religion. Glad I could help.

The Presidential Oath of Office:

Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."[2]

Nope, no "god" there. However it does say "he", so all is not lost for the Patriarchy.

I voted NO

GOD from the house vote

both will burn in Hell!

BOTH.

Oh did they. Link?

~~~

"Constitutional prohibition on religion in government"

Typical back asswards "interpretation.

"
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

You see it was written to Gov out of Religion. Glad I could help.

You didn't. You went 'splat'. But nice to see you trying, Danth.

One of the biggest reasons for migration to the country that became America was to get away from the oppressive counter-reformation of the catholic church where the jesuits hunted down those that were deemed as "heretics" and would not bow to papal authority.

the youtube site is a fake news site, do you have any other links on this???
It's a real thing but hardly the pearl clutching "attack on Christianity" the OP claims.

The draft shows that the House Committee on Natural Resources would ask witnesses to recite only, "Do you solemnly swear or affirm, under penalty of law, that the testimony that you are about to give is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?"

The rules proposal places the words "so help you God" in red brackets, indicating they are slated to be cut. The words "under penalty of law" are in red text, indicating that Democrats propose to add that phrasing to the oath.

The draft rules also remove the phrase "his or her" throughout the document, changing those two pronouns to "their." The rules additionally modify all references to the committee's "Chairman" to instead refer only to the committee's "Chair."[...]

While many federal oaths include the phrase "so help me God," some -- most notably the presidential oath of office -- do not.
Dems to strike 'so help you God' from oath taken in front of key House committee, draft shows

This speech was delivered by Barack Obama in 2006, attacking Christianity using Old Testament (Old Covenant) particulars, and a specious reference to Christ's Sermon on the Mount:

Didn't watch. Irrelevant.

Because it destroys your contention that the commie leftists don't hold Christianity in such contempt?

"Contempt" is also irrelevant. "Contempt" is a value judgment, referring in this case to an entity that is simply NOT PRESENT.

Once AGAIN for the dimbulbs, we are not a theocracy. Never have been. Ergo there is no call for a "god" or "goddess" in the government. PERIOD.

This government is comprised of "We the People". It is NOT comprised of "We the People plus these imaginary friends". That simply is not going to happen.

Because it destroys your contention that the commie leftists don't hold Christianity in such contempt?

"Contempt" is also irrelevant. "Contempt" is a value judgment, referring in this case to an entity that is simply NOT PRESENT.

Once AGAIN for the dimbulbs, we are not a theocracy. Never have been. Ergo there is no call for a "god" or "goddess" in the government. PERIOD.

Our rights come from our Creator, not a benevolent "gubermint" that believes that they can grant "privileges" as if they were some kind of "parental team". PERIOD.

The founding fathers recognized God........

Our rights come from our Creator, not a benevolent "gubermint" that believes that they can grant "privileges" as if they were some kind of "parental team". PERIOD.

The founding fathers recognized God........

No Twinkles, our rights come from the Constitution. As regards our country that IS the Creator.

It's clear you've never studied anything like "history". The Liberals who founded this country and wrote its Constitution were specifically distancing themselves (us) from the up-to-then way of doing things, that a King and a Church called all the shots. They did away with all that in favour of a system where government governs via the consent OF the governed, which is why the whole shebang starts with the words "We the People". AGAIN, not "We the People plus a King", not "We the People plus a church" --- just "We the People", full stop.

Forum List

Back