Marvel executive says forced diversity has alienated readers

When I was a kid, comic books were 10 cents. Now they are two fifty to five bucks. I'm sure that has nothing to do with declining sales.

Why did Marvel think diversity was an issue? They have always had diversity in their comics. They published the first mainstream black character with Black Panther back in 1966. Asian characters such as the Mandarin. Jewish characters such as Jubilee...

It's the recasting of existing characters that has turned people off. A black kid as Spider-Man, a black girl as Iron Man. It's ridiculous. If they make original characters for different ethnic groups they are accepted just fine, like Black Panther. But it has to be an interesting character and have good writing to work.

Why did Marvel think diversity was an issue? They have always had diversity in their comics. They published the first mainstream black character with Black Panther back in 1966. Asian characters such as the Mandarin. Jewish characters such as Jubilee...
Original characters are fine everyone loves buying the new superhero books, what they don't like is making Captain American Gay, making Ironman a Black Girl etc etc ....

It's the recasting of existing characters that has turned people off. A black kid as Spider-Man, a black girl as Iron Man. It's ridiculous. If they make original characters for different ethnic groups they are accepted just fine, like Black Panther. But it has to be an interesting character and have good writing to work.
Just so you know, Spiderman was fighting the Green Goblin through the multiverse and there were many Spidermans. Some were white, some black, some young, some old and some were even girls. The half black half Rican Spiderman was named Miles Morales and he was popular even in this universe. That's the kind of things you can do in comics.

You think black kids are only happy with a white hero? You think girls only look up to boys? You think there is no room for any black hero unless he has black in the name? You must have hated a black Green Lantern.

Then I remembered, why am I even commenting. Republicans have no imagination. If they didn't have laws telling them not to kill, they would be dropping gays off roofs. I never mentioned Northstar.

Original characters are fine everyone loves buying the new superhero books, what they don't like is making Captain American Gay, making Ironman a Black Girl etc etc ....

Captain America wasn't gay? :eek:

Just so you know, Spiderman was fighting the Green Goblin through the multiverse and there were many Spidermans. Some were white, some black, some young, some old and some were even girls. The half black half Rican Spiderman was named Miles Morales and he was popular even in this universe. That's the kind of things you can do in comics.

You think black kids are only happy with a white hero? You think girls only look up to boys? You think there is no room for any black hero unless he has black in the name? You must have hated a black Green Lantern.

Then I remembered, why am I even commenting. Republicans have no imagination. If they didn't have laws telling them not to kill, they would be dropping gays off roofs. I never mentioned Northstar.

Blank Panther is a good hero because he is original and is actually from Africa, not because he has the word "black" in his name. Luke Cage is another badass black character. The racial and gender swapping of existing characters has flopped big time, there may be a few exceptions, but in general they are rejected. Some hero characters can be more easily swapped with new people because of the nature of their power, like the Green Lantern. So, like I said before, Marvel just needs to be creative and come up with new heroes.

You do know that DC actually does that correctly by specifically writing stories for those other universes, right? DC even has characters from other universes become a part of the main one, and even rewrite the continuity to include them from the start(like Nubia, aka the black wonderwoman).

Marvel is literally wiping out ALL of the white male heroes when they could just make a bunch of new non-white heroes that actually join the Avengers and help the existing white ones save people of all races from crime and catestrophe.

I have a new idea for a character I'm pitching to Marvel. His name is Supernegro. He's kinda like Gambit but he charges up EBT cards.

Forum List

Back