Marjorie Learns that She is Now Part of Public Public Domain as a Politician and Loses Lawsuit

AFrench2

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2021
Fort Worth, TX
Oh, y'all know, just the usual story: Conservative whines about cancel culture - Conservative tries to cancel someone by blocking them - Conservative is told you are a politician and you're part of the public space, so no blocking - Conservative sues to try and forcefully cancel someone - Conservative loses.

GOP's Marjorie Taylor Greene fumes after admitting defeat in costly legal battle

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) griped after she was prohibited from blocking other Twitter accounts as part of a lawsuit filed by a Los Angeles-based political action committee.

The Georgia Republican agreed to pay $10,000 in legal fees to MeidasTouch LLC, which will donate the money to two nonprofit groups, after Greene blocked the PAC's account for posting criticism of her and former president Donald Trump -- and the lawmaker fumed afterward.

"Because of this PAC's frivolous lawsuit against me, I'm not allowed to block people that threaten my life and my children's lives every single day on social media," Greene tweeted. "And they are bragging about donating the money to organizations that want to take away my guns, so I couldn't defend myself and my children, when people show up to murder us like they threaten."
No one cares, lady.

Oh, y'all know, just the usual story: Conservative whines about cancel culture - Conservative tries to cancel someone by blocking them - Conservative is told you are a politician and you're part of the public space, so no blocking - Conservative sues to try and forcefully cancel someone - Conservative loses.

GOP's Marjorie Taylor Greene fumes after admitting defeat in costly legal battle

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) griped after she was prohibited from blocking other Twitter accounts as part of a lawsuit filed by a Los Angeles-based political action committee.

The Georgia Republican agreed to pay $10,000 in legal fees to MeidasTouch LLC, which will donate the money to two nonprofit groups, after Greene blocked the PAC's account for posting criticism of her and former president Donald Trump -- and the lawmaker fumed afterward.

"Because of this PAC's frivolous lawsuit against me, I'm not allowed to block people that threaten my life and my children's lives every single day on social media," Greene tweeted. "And they are bragging about donating the money to organizations that want to take away my guns, so I couldn't defend myself and my children, when people show up to murder us like they threaten."
No one cares, lady.

The court ruling is obviously wrong.
Sure a politician is in the public domain and you can lie about them all you want, but their Twitter account is NOT at all public domain, and they can block anyone they want.
This obviously is a mistaken activity by Twitter.
This has nothing to do with the evils of cancel culture or censorship, because it is a private space on a private social media.

Isn't she that crazy Jewish space laser lady? Shouldn't she be in an institution somewhere for her own safety?

It is not totally crazy because Israel has launched nearly a dozen satellites in low earth orbit.
Some of them likely are weapons platforms of some sort.
But what is crazy is to think Israel would be targeting California forests?
That part makes no sense at all.

No one cares, lady.

The court ruling is obviously wrong.
Sure a politician is in the public domain and you can lie about them all you want, but their Twitter account is NOT at all public domain, and they can block anyone they want.
This obviously is a mistaken activity by Twitter.
This has nothing to do with the evils of cancel culture or censorship, because it is a private space on a private social media.
Sorry, but just as the courts ruled that Trump could not block people, neither can Greene. The ruling is correct. Once a politician chooses to use their social media platforms for messages attached to their public office, they cannot block ANY citizen from engaging them in that sphere.

Forum List

Back