Marine Corps. Rebukes Pelosi: “WE DON’T WORK FOR YOU!”

“Don’t lecture me on patriotism, Madam Speaker. I’ve served this country with distinction for 40 years. I’ve spilled blood for our nation. What have you, a self-serving elected official, done for your country?” Gen. Berger said.

He never said this. It's just not something a General would say.
It never happened.

Just more fake news.

Fact check: Marine Corps did not ‘rebuke’ Nancy Pelosi
By Reuters Staff

An article circulating on social media claims that the Marine Corps ‘rebuked’ U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and told her ‘we don’t work for you’. This report is false.

The story was first published by Real Raw News on Jan. 13 here (archived version: archive.vn/pHHtn ) and has since been replicated in different websites, that refer to the publication as the source ( here , here , here , here , here ).

Citing an alleged “Pentagon source speaking under promise of anonymity”, the article claims that General David H. Berger, Commandant of the United States Marine Corps ( twitter.com/cmc_marinecorps ) “refused House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s request to use the Corps to safeguard Biden’s Jan. 20 inauguration from Trump Supporters and insurrectionists”.

Reuters found no further reports to support this claim nor any coverage of the alleged exchange. Real Raw News could not be reached for comment at the time of this article’s publication.

Capt Casey Littesy, Communication Strategy and Operations Officer for the Headquarters Marine Corps told Reuters via email that the article is “unequivocally false and inaccurate”.

Drew Hammill, a spokesman for Pelosi said in an email to Reuters that the article is “false”.

In a joint statement here with the top U.S. military leaders, General David H. Berger, condemned the Capitol riots and also said that President-elect Joe Biden would be inaugurated on Jan. 20 and become their commander in chief ( here ).

LT Brown, a spokesperson for the Joint Task Force–National Capital Region, a joint service command charged with providing ceremonial and public affairs support to the 59th presidential inauguration, ( here ) told Reuters via email that Marines assigned to the JTF-NCR units are “solely providing ceremonial support”.

Reauters a mouthpiece for the government and you swallow it hook ,line and sinker.lol:laughing0301::abgg2q.jpg:

First, learn to spell. It is "Reuters", not "Reauters". Next, learn grammar and punctuation.

We may then take you seriously. Good luck. Keep us updated on your progress.

Wonder if she's ever heard of posse comitatus"

"The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) signed on June 18, 1878, by President Rutherford B. Hayes which limits the powers of the federal government in the use of federal military personnel to enforce domestic policies within the United States. The Act was passed as an amendment to an army appropriation bill following the end of Reconstruction and was updated in 1956 and 1981. "
Nancy thinks Posse Comitatus is a new ice cream flavor at Ben and Jerrys

Pelosi said she wanted “battle ready” reinforcements because “radicalized Trump supporters
joecheat1-300x169.jpg
and kooky Qanon conspiracy people” were about to converge on D.C. She implored him to reconsider, arguing that it was the general’s patriotic duty to quell uprisings and guarantee Biden’s ascension to the Oval Office.

Her statement made the general explode, our source said.

“Don’t lecture me on patriotism, Madam Speaker. I’ve served this country with distinction for 40 years. I’ve spilled blood for our nation. What have you, a self-serving elected official, done for your country?” Gen. Berger said.

Pelosi further enraged him by saying he was answerable to Congress.

“I answer only to the president, and as I understand it, Donald J. Trump is still president and commander-in-chief. I abide in the Constitution as it was written, not your interpretation of it,” Gen. Berger admonished Pelosi.
-------------------------------------------
Good on him
Bravo Gen. Berger------and yes my retired marine hubby as well Semper Fi!!!!

Pelosi said she wanted “battle ready” reinforcements because “radicalized Trump supporters
joecheat1-300x169.jpg
and kooky Qanon conspiracy people” were about to converge on D.C. She implored him to reconsider, arguing that it was the general’s patriotic duty to quell uprisings and guarantee Biden’s ascension to the Oval Office.

“I answer only to the president, and as I understand it, Donald J. Trump is still president and commander-in-chief. I abide in the Constitution as it was written, not your interpretation of it,” Gen. Berger admonished Pelosi.
Good on him
Laws of mercy. She's gonna neuter an American hero. Unfortunately, she will have to find a Marine who will break semper fi unless she is willing to inflict a lobotomy on one of them in a jail cell. :cranky:

joecheat1-300x169.jpg

Good on him
Do I believe that? Not for a minute.
You know of any reason not to. I have come to believe any dirt on Pelosi as truth until proven otherwise. In my book she's on record as a terminal and proud sleeze (among other things). You opinion may vary.
Nancy is going to crash any day now, her TIA will kick in and she's done. Way too much stress for one witch to bear...
Can't happen soon enough.
That's what we get for allowing a state to vote a mentally ill, egocentric, and narcissistic maniac like Nancy Pelosi into public office. She had a swell time announcing to the sick leftist press about how she was the most important woman in America to enable herself to orchestrate her fellow sicko Rodham Clinton's revenge spree on Donald Trump for defeating her handily for President 4 years back.

joecheat1-300x169.jpg

Good on him

I'm a retired Marine Corps officer (full 30 years) as well as two full infantry tours in VN and service all over the globe... I hardly doubt this story is true --- seems out of character for any Marine Commandant... disinformation running amok from this story as far as I can see. I'd bet a heluva lot that it is bogus.

I'm just curious...given all the verifiable threats and intelligence documenting potentially serious violence, how best do you go about protecting a president and president elect?

I oppose having active duty military involved by the way.

I have never seen anything like this in my lifetime. And all 50 state capitals are in heightened state of security.
Are the Guard part of the active military you oppose?

God, you are dumber than a fence post!

I'm just curious...given all the verifiable threats and intelligence documenting potentially serious violence, how best do you go about protecting a president and president elect?

I have never seen anything like this in my lifetime. And all 50 state capitals are in heightened state of security.

Questions are how we learn. I was confused because it was the Pentagon and the Army generals who made the decision about calling out the Guard on Jan 6th.

Questions are how we learn. I was confused because it was the Pentagon and the Army generals who made the decision about calling out the Guard on Jan 6th.

My apologies. Intelligent questions only come from you about every other blue moon.

For what it's worth; sounds like crap. Rarely does IPubic get my agreement, but here I think it is warranted. At the very least I want corroborating evidence. Until then I just file it in "yet to be determined but unlikely".

Greg