Marine Corps announces sweeping changes to ground-combat forces

iu

Sorry to veer from the topic a bit, but I'd like to ask this of active duty Marines.
If the quasi-Marxist left were to achieve the White House, gather a 60% majority vote to eliminate the 2nd Amendment and order the confiscation of all firearms including your personal firearms, would you Marines comply or step up and actually rebel, or just be a part of the New World Order?

...I was a mortarman USMC..we were usually always short a gun or 2 instead of the TOE of 8
...we usually didn't have our full complement
..does this mean they are keeping the same amount of Marines in the mortar platoon? or what does elimination of 2 mortar systems mean--this sounds confusing/wrong
...the 60s were in the rifle companies' weapons platoon and the 81s in the Weapons Company

...I would think you always want more men, not less....usually, all armies are short men during combat --yes?
....they are putting an extra tank company in, when a lot of the modern battles are more infantry/raids/non-tank/anti-terrorists/rescue-civilian defense usage/etc??
Afghanistan
Somalia [ they say say tanks would've helped during the battle of Mogadishu, but it was mostly not tank country/not tank battles/etc ]
etc
Timeline of United States military operations - Wikipedia
..I agree with the light armor upgrades

....I take it they still have the Weapons Company in the USMC-- which has the 81s, MGs, and anti-tank platoons--so they can and do detach these units to the rifle companies for fire support/suppressive fire

Last edited:
Sorry to veer from the topic a bit, but I'd like to ask this of active duty Marines.
If the quasi-Marxist left were to achieve the White House, gather a 60% majority vote to eliminate the 2nd Amendment and order the confiscation of all firearms including your personal firearms, would you Marines comply or step up and actually rebel, or just be a part of the New World Order?
Interesting question....I'm no longer active but Marines are ordered to follow all lawful orders...if the gun grabbers were ever successful at the Supreme court level...Marines would have to follow that order...

That's why we must keep the NRA strong....

I do however think a huge drop in recruits would follow....for all branches...

Interesting question....I'm no longer active but Marines are ordered to follow all lawful orders...if the gun grabbers were ever successful at the Supreme court level...Marines would have to follow that order...

That's why we must keep the NRA strong....

I do however think a huge drop in recruits would follow....for all branches...
Marine Corps Oath of Enlistment (part of):
I do solemnly swear to "defend the Constitution of the United States" against ALL enemies, whether foreign...or DOMESTIC."
It would seem to me that any order that runs counter to the US Constitution, would not be a lawful order.

That’s not how repealing amendments works.

They would calmly ignore the BS about the marxist takeover of the whitehouse.

I wish we had hand launched drones to peer down beyond that ridge or into the shrub fronted ravine.

Dropping the number in a squad by one is not a sweeping change

Seems they can maintain the lethality of the squad with one less member
During an intense fire-fight, you want more people with a finger on the trigger, not less. ... :cool:

We don’t work that way anymore

It is not the number of bodies but the firepower and lethality of a unit. Modern technology allows you to do more with less.

The concept is force multiplier. Technology, training and tactics allow you to complete the mission jeopardizing fewer men

2/3rds is 66.6%..

2/3rds is 66.6%..

Actually, 2/3 is 66.6(repeating)%.

Rounded, it is 66.7%

Forum List

Back