Marijuana in America

Once again, big talk. But you have not done anything resembling what you claim to be ready to do. Are you claiming no stoner has ever caused negativity in your life?
Actually, my lawyer has suggested I not respond to the question of whether or not I’ve ever done anything like that. Statutes of limitations and self-incrimination, you know. 😎

I generally try to avoid arguing with people with mental illness. His viewpoint is clearly irrational, and he likes making empty threats.

I agree. But someone so openly hostile and actively full of shit deserves a little pushback from rational people.

Of course, when I am one of the rational people, we might be in trouble.

Actually, my lawyer has suggested I not respond to the question of whether or not I’ve ever done anything like that. Statutes of limitations and self-incrimination, you know. 😎

You, me, and everyone else knows that you have not done a damn thing but hide.

Your lawyer? LMAO!! :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg:

Conservatives are very rigid on their beliefs, and they've swallowed propaganda their whole lives, and that, of course, includes marijuana. Sometimes they find out for themselves they were mistaken, and it's almost always by accident.
Conservatives are not nearly as unified in their thinking as Democrats. I for example support legalized Pot simply because there is too much momentum at the state level to stop it. Furthermore, they provide an alternative to Opioids as a pain killer.

They won’t be what moved me to use the derringer, but there are at least a half dozen of my wife’s family members who are banned from our property because they’re either alcoholics or drug users.
I’m sure they’re devastated to miss all the good times. You sound like a fun host.

I’m sure they’re devastated to miss all the good times. You sound like a fun host
Actually, when it comes to my wife’s family, we throw the best parties. Real food. A clean, dry, vermin-free environment, large enough for the number of guests. Areas for the kids to be separated from the adults. Our wedding in 2014 is still considered the best party thst family has ever seen.

California tried that. Marijuana is now legally sold here, heavily taxed and regulated.

And the black market for illegal marijuana is thriving as never before. With the use of this drug being more socially and legally acceptable, here, there is more demand for it, but the legal markets are so burdened with taxes and regulations that they cannot compete with the illegal black market. I doubt if the state is collecting nearly enough in taxes from the legal market to cover the increased law-enforcement costs of going after the illegal market.

Well, of course...when the government makes legal sales essentially impossible, the black market still thrives!

Just what the hell is taking NY so long in opening up dispensaries?

Not enough politicians have gotten their cousins no-show jobs with fat paychecks.

Of course, even in calling me “wrong”, you stand out a a prime example to prove how right I am. Must be the stereotypical drug-induced version of Dunning-Kruger speaking, here.

You're a legend in your own mind.

If a stoner threatens your life, go ahead. But threatening to murder someone because they "negatively impacted your life" is simply ignorant.

He's nuttier than squirrel shit.

I generally try to avoid arguing with people with mental illness. His viewpoint is clearly irrational, and he likes making empty threats.

He's a legend in his own mind.

Just to say, I have no objection to anyone choosing to inbibe whatever recreational substances they desire. Also, I fully support decriminalization of said substances fully and unreservedly.

My question however, is this. What is it in our nature that causes us, as humans, to so relentlessly and passionately seek to numb ourselves with these substances?

Myself, I find life and the stimulations of this world wholly fulfilling and adequate for an entire lifetime.
It's the dark side of our nature. :omg:

Only 3 states have made it fully illegal, and those states are Nebraska, Kansas, and Idaho.

Some only allow CBD oil, but they are few, I think around 7. The rest of the country allows either medical marijuana or recreational use.

The genie is out of the bottle, and it won't go back in, no matter what Christian conservative Republican tries to outlaw it. Eventually we will have a younger Democratic President who will legalize it and we can stop playing games and treat it like alcohol.

It effeminizes male gonads much more than does alcohol.

Yeah, you stand out as an example and a warning of what this sort of drug does to people.

No thanks, I certainly do not want to end up like you.
images

Only 3 states have made it fully illegal, and those states are Nebraska, Kansas, and Idaho.

Some only allow CBD oil, but they are few, I think around 7. The rest of the country allows either medical marijuana or recreational use.

The genie is out of the bottle, and it won't go back in, no matter what Christian conservative Republican tries to outlaw it. Eventually we will have a younger Democratic President who will legalize it and we can stop playing games and treat it like alcohol.

I'm a 50+ conservative-leaning libertarian and this sounds like a good idea to me. I'm not the only one.

But there are other highly questionable things that Dems do where simply legalizing weed would not get me to vote for them. I think it should be legal but there's a lot more to life than that. I think that's become a major problem with the Dems. They use young people's tendency to experiment with such things as drugs, so it becomes a major selling point where the youth pretty ignores any bad points as long as they are tempted by the dangling carrot of legal weed.

Well heck the nation has to have young people working productively and we'll pot gets in the way of that...said nobody ever that believes in freedom and liberty.

I don't like the idea of a powerful drug being accepted as just fine and dandy. But there is too much momentum for it to be legalized and it does have good pain killing properties. Certainly better than Opioids in that regard.
That's just fucking stupid. Yeah, the next time you have major surgery, tell the anesthesiologist to skip the opioids because you just smoked a joint. Dope heads say the stupidest shit.

I have more problems with sober people than drunks and stoners,,
I bet if you were aboard a transit bus, motorcoach, or heaven forbid, your kids were aboard a school bus, you would want that CMV operator to be stone cold sober, wouldn't you? This is why the FEDERAL Department of Transportation still strictly forbids the use of dope while in the operation of said vehicles.

I bet if you were aboard a transit bus, motorcoach, or heaven forbid, your kids were aboard a school bus, you would want that CMV operator to be stone cold sober, wouldn't you? This is why the FEDERAL Department of Transportation still strictly forbids the use of dope while in the operation of said vehicles.
you never rode the school buses I did,, a stoner couldnt do much worse,,

and I fear driving in rush hour far more than 10pm on a saturday night,,

you never rode the school buses I did,, a stoner couldnt do much worse,,

and I fear driving in rush hour far more than 10pm on a saturday night,,
Hey shit for brains, that's where you are dead wrong on all accounts, not only did I ride schoolies from mid 1978-1982, along with various band performances throughout high school, but I also drove them between 2017 and 2018. I drive transit now and have been for four years. Before all that bus driving, I was a route delivery driver for a couple of companies. So yes, I do know what the hell I'm talking about. There are legitimate safety reasons why CMV operators of all stripes cannot smoke up anywhere near a Commercial Vehicle. And stoned drivers are still charged with Driving Under the Influence or the lesser included Driving While Ability Impaired. Any narcotic, including marijuana has the effect of reducing alertness in drivers.

Forum List

Back