Many foods you enjoy are going to be outlawed soon.

What the hell are John McCain and Brian Dorgan thinking?

S.3002 The Dietary Supplement Safety Act of 2010.

This bill making it's way through the Senate will effectively eliminate nearly all nutritional supplements that many Americans rely on for their health. The Bill restricts products that make people healthier and will cause many foods to see a significant increase in price as new government regulations are put in place. None of the regulations are geared towards the safety of the consumers of these products.

It's the first step towards the government telling you what you can and cannot eat....

GATTICA

A bill pushed by big pharma and the mdeical industry.
your corporate government at work.

Probably a bone thrown to get healthcare reform support.

Your post doesn't match up with the actual bill. CUrrently all those herbal supplements never have to prove that they actually work, its pseudoscience. THey dont' even have to show its safe to consume or reacts with other medications or herbs.

Pharmaceuticals have to have some level of testing to show that the drug can actually improve the disorder over the placebo effect. Herbal supplements do not, nor do they even are known to work. So since those herbal supplements have never been proven to actually improve anybody's health other than placebo effect, I doubt people's health are at risk. THey have just been duped by invalidated claims for years. They don't even have to tell other's what's in them. So i think this is a good thing. How many people died or had health issues from ephedra and other supplements?

Of course YOU think it's a good idea. I've not seen any idea involving greater government involvement in something that YOU didn't think was a good idea. The march towards the nanny state continues.

Yeah, go die from your poison herbal supplements, sounds wonderful. Damn the gov't for setting regulations so the corporations don't fuck us. Don't believe they do, go look at history. Look what it was like prior to even having an FDA. Life isn't a fairy tale.

other than the typical whining about big gov't, do you have any arguments as to why this is a bad idea, regulating potential poisons and preventing people from being defrauded out of their money believing claims that are not proven?

Avatar said it well. Smart people research what they put into their bodies. People have been using herbs since somewhere around the dawn of time. Not everyone needs the federal government to tell them what is safe and what isn't. And seriously, if the FDA is the be all, end all in consumer safety, then why do the ambulance chasers make such good money suing drug companies for harm caused by FDA approved drugs?

Cons love scaring themselves.

Cause using intelligence to evaluate what we take into our body on our own is scaring ourselves.

No, because we need the government to tell us exactly what we can and cant do because we can't figure it out otherwise. You guys are trying to scare people and you are complaining about us. That's so freakin messed up.

how are they supposed to know when what's in the herbal supplement does not even have to be on the label, and is never tested and shown to even work or be safe

There you go again...relying on the government to take care of your every need....you must be a phony doctor...there's no way an educational institution in the USA could graduate such a dumb fucker as you.

Name one herbal supplement that is on the market, not on any product label, that was never tested, that doesn't work and that isn't safe!

Like I said...not only does Dr. Dumbass have no argument, he didn't read the bill.

IT'S THE EVIL HERBAL CORPORATIONS AND THE PLANT MONTERS OUT TO GET US AGAIN...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Of course YOU think it's a good idea. I've not seen any idea involving greater government involvement in something that YOU didn't think was a good idea. The march towards the nanny state continues.

Yeah, go die from your poison herbal supplements, sounds wonderful. Damn the gov't for setting regulations so the corporations don't fuck us. Don't believe they do, go look at history. Look what it was like prior to even having an FDA. Life isn't a fairy tale.

other than the typical whining about big gov't, do you have any arguments as to why this is a bad idea, regulating potential poisons and preventing people from being defrauded out of their money believing claims that are not proven?

Avatar said it well. Smart people research what they put into their bodies. People have been using herbs since somewhere around the dawn of time. Not everyone needs the federal government to tell them what is safe and what isn't. And seriously, if the FDA is the be all, end all in consumer safety, then why do the ambulance chasers make such good money suing drug companies for harm caused by FDA approved drugs?

Only Dr. Gregg assumes that every citizen is like him though....a totally helpless idiot who cannot do a single thing without being told to by his government. My god...the state of the some people's "government is the savior" mentality really makes me wonder what sort of parents raised them. Scary indeed.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel
What the hell are John McCain and Brian Dorgan thinking?

S.3002 The Dietary Supplement Safety Act of 2010.

This bill making it's way through the Senate will effectively eliminate nearly all nutritional supplements that many Americans rely on for their health. The Bill restricts products that make people healthier and will cause many foods to see a significant increase in price as new government regulations are put in place. None of the regulations are geared towards the safety of the consumers of these products.

It's the first step towards the government telling you what you can and cannot eat....

GATTICA

A bill pushed by big pharma and the mdeical industry.
your corporate government at work.

Probably a bone thrown to get healthcare reform support.

Spoken with ZERO references to any factual evidence...typical. John McCain was for this ObamaCare? You're a fucking idiot.

One really should research the reasons that the FDA came into existance. It wasn't some "Librul" wanting government control, it was people dying from what was put into the food by corperations. And food laws go a lot further back than the FDA.

Milestones in U.S. Food and Drug Law History

From the beginnings of civilization people have been concerned about the quality and safety of foods and medicines. In 1202, King John of England proclaimed the first English food law, the Assize of Bread, which prohibited adulteration of bread with such ingredients as ground peas or beans. Regulation of food in the United States dates from early colonial times. Federal controls over the drug supply began with inspection of imported drugs in 1848, although the first federal biologics law, which addressed the provision of reliable smallpox vaccine to citizens, was passed in 1813. The following chronology describes some of the milestones in the history of food and drug regulation in the United States.

When they came for the stoners, I did not complain because I was not a stoner...

Reap what you sow, Americans.

Your post doesn't match up with the actual bill. CUrrently all those herbal supplements never have to prove that they actually work, its pseudoscience. THey dont' even have to show its safe to consume or reacts with other medications or herbs.

Pharmaceuticals have to have some level of testing to show that the drug can actually improve the disorder over the placebo effect. Herbal supplements do not, nor do they even are known to work. So since those herbal supplements have never been proven to actually improve anybody's health other than placebo effect, I doubt people's health are at risk. THey have just been duped by invalidated claims for years. They don't even have to tell other's what's in them. So i think this is a good thing. How many people died or had health issues from ephedra and other supplements?
Not near as many as those that gut fucked up by vaccinations, dear brainwashed " doctor"

littleshopofhorrors.jpg

IT'S THE EVIL HERBAL CORPORATIONS AND THE PLANT MONTERS OUT TO GET US AGAIN...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I hope Bacon is never outlawed.

kevin_bacon.jpg

One really should research the reasons that the FDA came into existance. It wasn't some "Librul" wanting government control, it was people dying from what was put into the food by corperations. And food laws go a lot further back than the FDA.

From the beginnings of civilization people have been concerned about the quality and safety of foods and medicines. In 1202, King John of England proclaimed the first English food law, the Assize of Bread, which prohibited adulteration of bread with such ingredients as ground peas or beans. Regulation of food in the United States dates from early colonial times. Federal controls over the drug supply began with inspection of imported drugs in 1848, although the first federal biologics law, which addressed the provision of reliable smallpox vaccine to citizens, was passed in 1813. The following chronology describes some of the milestones in the history of food and drug regulation in the United States.

I have no problem with the regulation of food. The interstate Commerce clause can be interpreted to give the government this power.

What I do have a problem with is the false dilemna being presented that either the government regulates it or people die. There is a very real third alternative which people have taken responsibility for what they put in their own bodies.

The scary part is how many Americans believe the disinformation about the bill.
Many Americans will believe the rank hearsay e-mail chain letters they get passed on from a friend or relative of theirs. They are too stupid to read the bill itself.
Everyone with a brain that has read the bill knows this is good legislation.
I pity the rest of you.

So if I tale an Omega 3 capsule containing flax seed oil and fish oil, I have not consumed a food, but organic compounds that contribute nothing, are not absorbed?

I'm not sure that these regulations are for vitamins and known beneficial supplements, but herbal blends. We know Omega 3 flax seed oil has benefits, many of the "herbal supplements" are never tested to prove they do what they claim

me and mine have been testing and using herbal supplements as you call them...for centuries....

can they really ban eye of newt?

Cause using intelligence to evaluate what we take into our body on our own is scaring ourselves.

No, because we need the government to tell us exactly what we can and cant do because we can't figure it out otherwise. You guys are trying to scare people and you are complaining about us. That's so freakin messed up.

how are they supposed to know when what's in the herbal supplement does not even have to be on the label, and is never tested and shown to even work or be safe

I don't know. Maybe they could pick up some paper in some kind of binding. I think think it's called a book. And then using this book they could do something callled; reading. Or maybe they could plug in something called a computer and search this new invention by former Vice President Al Gore called the Internet. I hear it's really handy in getting information. Or maybe they can make contact with an herbal expert and listen to their advice on such topics. You know, educate yourself.

Are you honestly telling me you've never heard of doing research before you put something in your body? Are you serious? Are you telling me that you honestly believe that a corporation you think is evil enough to provide food/supplements that will harm people are going to be honest on the label just because the government says so? You honestly think these guys haven't already considered the fact that if someone dies from their product they are going to have lawyers up their ass for the rest of their life?

Seriously, where do you get this blind loyalty to politicians and bueracrats? It makes no sense. Why do you want to keep giving government more of your power instead of actually being vigilant and educating yourself???

It's funny how instead of focusing on the issue, in which I provided logic and reasoning to support my position, the hacks of the board just focus on their political ideology of "government bad". REally displays your level of intellect.

How are books going to give information about an herb if its never been tested, and many of them don't even have to disclose their contents. But I know, just another political hack that can't put forth a well reasoned argument so just bullshit and dance around the issue.

No required testing, there isn't going to be much information about it.

No he didn't, because there is nothing to research if they don't have to test and disclose things.

And yeah, smart people will avoid the pseudoscientific claims of herbal products, but guess what, not everybody is that smart. People are easily duped by claims and wishful thinking

There you go again...relying on the government to take care of your every need....you must be a phony doctor...there's no way an educational institution in the USA could graduate such a dumb fucker as you.

Name one herbal supplement that is on the market, not on any product label, that was never tested, that doesn't work and that isn't safe!

Like I said...not only does Dr. Dumbass have no argument, he didn't read the bill.

there you go again being a dumbfuck partisan hack troll that can't put forth a rational argument other than the typical bullshit fantasy land view of the world

Not near as many as those that gut fucked up by vaccinations, dear brainwashed " doctor"

:lol:Another person displaying their inability to make an argument other than acting like a 6 year old. It's funny to see you guys embarrass yourself on a regular basis. Now, leave the thread so they adults can actually discuss the issue instead of being partisan hacks

I guess people like to ignore the facts, like how ephedra killed people, because it never required any safety testing.

this is the shit many companies used to do prior to the FDA, sell chemicals to people claiming it cures them with no studies, and often times with fatal results.

I have no problem with the regulation of food. The interstate Commerce clause can be interpreted to give the government this power.

What I do have a problem with is the false dilemna being presented that either the government regulates it or people die. There is a very real third alternative which people have taken responsibility for what they put in their own bodies.

That's fine...but it only works if you know what it is you are putting in your body.

Forum List

Back