Many countries try to keep out illegal aliens. So how about Australia?

Our problem is, republicans want to play the blame game instead of showing up and proposing bills for comprehensive immigration reform. Look up the word COMPREHENSIVE before you blame one side and look for simple solutions.
Neither side makes improving or immigration process a priority, that's BS putting it all on the GOP. And considering the stance of Democrat Myorkas, it appears that our current border catastrophe is EXACTLY what the Democrats want.

It is already against the law to hire illegal immigrants they just need to enforce it across the board and be hard on it.

Neither side makes improving or immigration process a priority, that's BS putting it all on the GOP. And considering the stance of Democrat Myorkas, it appears that our current border catastrophe is EXACTLY what the Democrats want.
Even Cato did a study and found increased immigrant contacts was directly related to a stronger economy and more job opportunity. So far, the gop refuses to hold employers responsible for hiring them.

Even Cato did a study and found increased immigrant contacts was directly related to a stronger economy and more job opportunity. So far, the gop refuses to hold employers responsible for hiring them.
Good Lord you are using some "study" to justify 10,000 unknown, undocumented people entering my country EVERY DAY? Somehow I don't believe your "Cato Study" has any data with those numbers of illegals. Wake up.

Our problem is, republicans want to play the blame game instead of showing up and proposing bills for comprehensive immigration reform. Look up the word COMPREHENSIVE before you blame one side and look for simple solutions.
That is lame. You know very well Democrats block all chances of reform.

Hilarious… illegal immigration contacts match our employment opportunity. When immigrants have working opportunities, they flock to that country. It’s not rocket science . The only thing that repugnants are good at, is starting recessions and weakening or job market.
Total and utter BS. Illegals are flocking to this country because Biden and the Democrats are marketing gold to the Cartels. Don't you see the interviews of the immigrants saying "Thank you Joe Biden"? I do. Oh wait you don't watch the interviews? Wow big surprise.

Add to that the abandonment of our Legal Immigration process in lieu of Myorkas new 'secure border process' and we have the multi-faceted disaster the DEMOCRATS have created.

Total and utter BS. Illegals are flocking to this country because Biden and the Democrats are marketing gold to the Cartels. Don't you see the interviews of the immigrants saying "Thank you Joe Biden"? I do. Oh wait you don't watch the interviews? Wow big surprise.

Add to that the abandonment of our Legal Immigration process in lieu of Myorkas new 'secure border process' and we have the multi-faceted disaster the DEMOCRATS have created.
Biden and Democrats putting them up ? More made up shit. You’re as ignorant as you are about trickle down and climate change. Seen any contrails lately ?

I know, it’s been three years since your last recession under Trump and you can’t stand all those low employment numbers. It makes you nervous

Gee how clever. That is like a dude holds up the bank and you charge the bank for illegally handing over the cash.
The Carter Administration did impose strict rules and regulations to discourage illegal immigration. Employers were required to obtain three documents verifying citizenship and residency from every new hire and it was illegal to hire anybody who could not produce such documentation. There were stiff penalties for breaking the rules.

It was pretty effective but tedious for employers at first, most especially those who hired day workers or had to put somebody to work immediately. So they fudged a bit after awhile and then more and more assuming they could get the documentation after the fact. And because the rules were poorly enforced pretty soon everybody, including the government forgot about them.

Then Reagan agreed to amnesty for the 3 million illegals in the country at that time on condition that Congress would ensure that no more would be admitted other than through legal means and the rules regulating those legal means were tough and difficult. But his most Democrat controlled Congress wasn't eager to help with that a whole lot even though they were the old style Democrats and not the woke/progressive/Marxist minded Democrats we have in Congress now.

Every President since has tried to enforce immigration & illegal immigration laws, including Obama who still admitted far more than was technically legal to do so. But the caravans kept coming in my opinion funded by Marxist minded people who intend to overtake the USA.

Trump effectively stopped the caravans by coercing Mexico to put troops on their southern border to stop them. And he allowed the CBP and ICE to do their jobs and his border wall, even though he didn't get to complete it, was very helpful to them in doing their jobs. Illegal immigration slowed to a trickle.

Biden reversed all that and now we have millions upon millions more undocumented people who have no legal right to be here and 10,000 to 13,000 arriving at the southern border every day. If Biden continues to refuse to act, by the end of next year he will have admitted at least more than 10 to 15 million or more illegals and that doesn't count at least hundreds of thousands of 'gottaways' that we have no idea who they are or where they are or what their intentions are.

Many in the position to know say it is the most serious threat to American security since 9/11.

The Carter Administration did impose strict rules and regulations to discourage illegal immigration. Employers were required to obtain three documents verifying citizenship and residency from every new hire and it was illegal to hire anybody who could not produce such documentation. There were stiff penalties for breaking the rules.

It was pretty effective but tedious for employers at first, most especially those who hired day workers or had to put somebody to work immediately. So they fudged a bit after awhile and then more and more assuming they could get the documentation after the fact. And because the rules were poorly enforced pretty soon everybody, including the government forgot about them.

Then Reagan agreed to amnesty for the 3 million illegals in the country at that time on condition that Congress would ensure that no more would be admitted other than through legal means and the rules regulating those legal means were tough and difficult. But his most Democrat controlled Congress wasn't eager to help with that a whole lot even though they were the old style Democrats and not the woke/progressive/Marxist minded Democrats we have in Congress now.

Every President since has tried to enforce immigration & illegal immigration laws, including Obama who still admitted far more than was technically legal to do so. But the caravans kept coming in my opinion funded by Marxist minded people who intend to overtake the USA.

Trump effectively stopped the caravans by coercing Mexico to put troops on their southern border to stop them. And he allowed the CBP and ICE to do their jobs and his border wall, even though he didn't get to complete it, was very helpful to them in doing their jobs. Illegal immigration slowed to a trickle.

Biden reversed all that and now we have millions upon millions more undocumented people who have no legal right to be here and 10,000 to 13,000 arriving at the southern border every day. If Biden continues to refuse to act, by the end of next year he will have admitted at least more than 10 to 15 million or more illegals and that doesn't count at least hundreds of thousands of 'gottaways' that we have no idea who they are or where they are or what their intentions are.

Many in the position to know say it is the most serious threat to American security since 9/11.
Of course.it’s all about letting businesses do what they want with no recourse. Bottom line is, the business ‘s need the labor and are willing to break the rules to find that cheap labor.

Of course.it’s all about letting businesses do what they want with no recourse. Bottom line is, the business ‘s need the labor and are willing to break the rules to find that cheap labor.
Some businesses will indeed do that unless imposed consequences make it unprofitable for them to do that or take the risk.

In my case and in many others, I was running a large social agency with swimming pool, gym, myriad fitness and educational classes, pre school etc. And sometimes at the last minute I would need to hire a certified lifeguard to oversee a water activity or would need to hire an instructor who could teach a class immediately. Such people might not have the required documentation with them but I would put them to work without it on condition they furnish it later. Most did but a few who never worked again didn't bother.

When we had government wage/hour audits I know those showed up, but we were never censored for those non compliances with the law.

Some businesses will indeed do that unless imposed consequences make it unprofitable for them to do that or take the risk.

In my case and in many others, I was running a large social agency with swimming pool, gym, myriad fitness and educational classes, pre school etc. And sometimes at the last minute I would need to hire a certified lifeguard to oversee a water activity or would need to hire an instructor who could teach a class immediately. Such people might not have the required documentation with them but I would put them to work without it on condition they furnish it later. Most did but a few who never worked again didn't bother.

When we had government wage/hour audits I know those showed up, but we were never censored for those non compliances with the law.
Well there you go. You just proved my point. We can’t have it both ways if the govt wants to appease businesses in their time of need. We need clarity and only congress can do it. The admin enforces the laws…given that we will suddenly have a deep recession if we even try to deport many of the illegals here now, the laws need to be made. It’s gradual process. You don’t wake up one day and decide you’re going to deport illegals .

Well there you go. You just proved my point. We can’t have it both ways if the govt wants to appease businesses in their time of need. We need clarity and only congress can do it. The admin enforces the laws…given that we will suddenly have a deep recession if we even try to deport many of the illegals here now, the laws need to be made. It’s gradual process. You don’t wake up one day and decide you’re going to deport illegals .
It really is a matter of the ability to enforce. If enough people ignore or disobey the law, enforcement becomes pretty much useless. Also if there is no real interest in enforcing the law, people can get away with breaking it pretty much. Which was the case with the Carter Administration. And which is the case on steroids with the Biden Administration.

Worse is why do Americans defend Biden's illegal aliens open door policy?

In 2018, it was reported more than 60,000 foreigners are living illegally in Australia, and by 2021 it was reported that increased to more than 100,000.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration_to_Australia#:~:text=In 2018, it was reported,increased to more than 100,000.

Illegal immigration to Australia - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration_to_Australia#:~:text=In 2018, it was reported,increased to more than 100,000.
Australia deals with 60,000 but in America we are forced by Biden to deal with several million illegal aliens.

Why do Democrats defend Biden?
Because Australia ships them out when caught.

It really is a matter of the ability to enforce. If enough people ignore or disobey the law, enforcement becomes pretty much useless. Also if there is no real interest in enforcing the law, people can get away with breaking it pretty much. Which was the case with the Carter Administration. And which is the case on steroids with the Biden Administration.
America has a simple way for aliens to legally work in America and it is used all the time. But we are not talking about legals, we are discussing illegals. Why on earth do Democrats want to ignore the legal path to help those who are simply breaking our laws?

"Work visas: To work in the US as a foreign national, you must obtain a work visa. There are several types of work visas, including H-1B, H-2A, H-2B, L-1, and O-1 visas, among others. Each visa has its own requirements, and the employer must sponsor the worker's visa application.Mar 7, 2023"

America has a simple way for aliens to legally work in America and it is used all the time. But we are not talking about legals, we are discussing illegals. Why on earth do Democrats want to ignore the legal path to help those who are simply breaking our laws?

"Work visas: To work in the US as a foreign national, you must obtain a work visa. There are several types of work visas, including H-1B, H-2A, H-2B, L-1, and O-1 visas, among others. Each visa has its own requirements, and the employer must sponsor the worker's visa application.Mar 7, 2023"
Because democrats holds Biden and illegal immigrants above the law.

Why don't you understand our work visa laws? Congress fixed this long ago. When I was a kid there was a program called Bracero to let in Mexicans. Democrats act like they do not know our current laws. What we are talking about are those illegally here. Send them out, but Biden wants more of them.

The woke militant progressive Democrats intend to destroy the America we have known and loved and replace it with a totalitarian government that they will totally control. Flooding the country with millions of illegals so drains our resources and dilutes our culture that their nefarious goal comes much closer within reach.

You keep yapping about business. What about our Government simply enforcing the laws. Companies do not hire border guards. Bidens a horses ass for not guarding our border correctly. Trump guarded it correctly. Any firm needing foreign help simply asks for visas for aliens.

Forum List

Back