Manhattan DA: We Won't Prosecute Subway Fare Evasion Anymore

:lol:

How exactly does this "screw" anyone?
Ask the 80 year old great grandma how she is going to jump the turnstile.

I'm not getting your point.

Did you actually bother to read your link?
Of course you don't grasp the concept of people being allowed to break the law and its impact upon society.

BFD they get a ticket. They do that here in KKKalifornia if you steal less than $950. The homeless get a ticket then while the cop is watching steal something else while they laugh at the cop.

Of course you don't grasp the concept of people being allowed to break the law and its impact upon society.

BFD they get a ticket. They do that here in KKKalifornia if you steal less than $950. The homeless get a ticket then while the cop is watching steal something else while they laugh at the cop.

I'm guessing you've never been to New York before - or at least, you've never ridden the subway.

I'm guessing you've never been to New York before - or at least, you've never ridden the subway.
Tell us how that justifies the DA not doing his job. Do tell.

It's not the DAs "job" to prosecute kids for hopping the turnstiles - and I think you'll find that pretty much every single New Yorker would agree with me on that.

It's not the DAs "job" to prosecute kids for hopping the turnstiles - and I think you'll find that pretty much every single New Yorker would agree with me on that.
Dumbass double downs on his insanity. What a dufus.

Let me put it this way.

Dumbass Californians pretending to be outraged on behalf of New Yorkers should just shut the fuck up before they embarrass themselves further.

Once again those that work hard and try to follow the law and pay their fare share (clever, aren't I?) get screwed.

Manhattan D.A. Office Moves to Stop Prosecuting Subway Fare Evasion

Of course you leave out the details

He aims to replace criminal prosecution by issuing more summons instead of arresting turnstile jumpers

It costs more to prosecute a turnstile jumper than they get in fines. Add to that the cost of incarceration, and somebody arrested literally gets a free lunch.

Please tell me you were lying when you said you lived in CA.....of course, that actually might be funny watching your vote drown.

Once again those that work hard and try to follow the law and pay their fare share (clever, aren't I?) get screwed.

Manhattan D.A. Office Moves to Stop Prosecuting Subway Fare Evasion

Of course you leave out the details

He aims to replace criminal prosecution by issuing more summons instead of arresting turnstile jumpers

It costs more to prosecute a turnstile jumper than they get in fines. Add to that the cost of incarceration, and somebody arrested literally gets a free lunch.
And you can't read.

Please tell me you were lying when you said you lived in CA.....of course, that actually might be funny watching your vote drown.
Si.

If you're on your way to an event, and blow through a red light, you get a ticket.
If you're on your way to an event, and hop the turnstile, you get arrested.

Which one of those is more dangerous and harmful to society?

And you can't read.

MTA's Fine For New York Subway Fare Hoppers May Reach $500 | HuffPost

MTA’s Fine For New York Subway Fare Hoppers May Reach $500
Oh wow. So anyone showing up to court will have to pay. I'm sure those with rolls of tickets in their pockets will line up at the court Monday!

Dumbass.

"Two Democrats in the New York State Legislature would like to go farther. Sen. Jesse Hamilton and Assemblywoman Tremaine Wright in March introduced legislation to decriminalize fare evasion under state law."

"Two Democrats in the New York State Legislature would like to go farther. Sen. Jesse Hamilton and Assemblywoman Tremaine Wright in March introduced legislation to decriminalize fare evasion under state law."

It's not a state issue, it's a city issue. I don't expect that to come anywhere near a vote in Albany.

But, even if they did that, it would just make it the same as San Francisco - a civil violation, where you get a ticket with no teeth.

The current policy (the one you're whining about) is harsher than that.

Oh wow. So anyone showing up to court will have to pay. I'm sure those with rolls of tickets in their pockets will line up at the court Monday!

Dumbass.

At $100 to $500 for a ticket, it would be cheaper for the person to spend a week in jail. Free food, TV, public defender if they go to trial.

Just compare the costs.

Forum List

Back