Zone1 Mandelbrot Sets -- Proof of God?

I tear nothing down.
Was my post directed at you?

1711281159743.png

Again... saying the universe is expanding in the mind of God is not an empty phrase.

Whatelse is it?

It conveys a wealth of information.

Which information? That your brain works? When was you "outside" of the universe. You are universe. You are here. And there is no outside. The question was into what it is expanding. You say "into the mind of god" - what's nothing else than an empty phrase. You don't knowe adn I "fear" no one knows.

For instance it conveys that the universe is an alternate reality.

The universe is the only physical reality which we know.

It conveys that the universe exists at the pleasure of God.

Charles Manson alias "the universe" exists at the pleasure of God?

It seems to me your stock answer to anything you don't understand is "empty phrase."

Are you suggesting that my belief that God created existence tears down your belief?
It’s your belief Saint Ding that the creator of existence whom you claim to know wants, needs, requires, expects devotion and thankfulness to it by the human beings encouraged in nature to act upon free will or they individually or in groups will have bad outcomes.

I don’t think you have acquired sufficient knowledge to honestly make that claim, We are justified in calling you a dishonest creature of God.

You tear down non-belief in “your” needy god based upon needy you. Outcomes across all humanity have nothing to do with needy you.

Keep your Catholic belief system but figure out a way to make it a positive contribution to America’s Civil Religion that Jefferson and Madison created for all of us - even atheists.

Mandelbrot Sets -- Proof of God?​

nfbw 240324 Vmspog00144 to Smspog00142

Last edited:
I had a reply going last night. Then there was a loud crash and the power went out. Big mess on the road. Poles down. Power lines on the road. They're still fixing it up, but hey, I'm back. I think it was just some lucky drunk who somehow managed to drive away after smashing a power pole, not some loving god, but who knows these days?

atheism is an intellectual dead end.
To the contrary, lack of belief is wide open, inviting, tolerant. By contrast, facile, circular arguments like "God must uh did it" and "Because the Bible tells me so" are designed to fallaciously end debate.
(If you wonder how atheism fares in a formal intellectual debate against a theist, or how Dan in particular handles being "thrown to the Christians," there is no substitute for witnessing the actual event, but you can have the next best thing by visiting the web site "Did Jesus Really Rise From The Dead?" You'll find a complete transcript of Dan's April 1996 debate on the resurrection of Jesus against Michael Horner of the Campus Crusade for Christ. It's long and quite fascinating.)

Whatelse is it?

Which information? That your brain works? When was you "outside" of the universe. You are universe. You are here. And there is no outside. The question was into what it is expanding. You say "into the mind of god" - what's nothing else than an empty phrase. You don't knowe adn I "fear" no one knows.

The universe is the only physical reality which we know.

Charles Manson alias "the universe" exists at the pleasure of God?
I fear this is beyond your ability to grasp.

To the contrary, lack of belief is wide open, inviting, tolerant. By contrast, facile, circular arguments like "God must uh did it" and "Because the Bible tells me so" are designed to fallaciously end debate.
Odd but I don't think I have ever argued against something I didn't believe existed.

I had a reply going last night. Then there was a loud crash and the power went out. Big mess on the road. Poles down. Power lines on the road. They're still fixing it up, but hey, I'm back. I think it was just some lucky drunk who somehow managed to drive away after smashing a power pole, not some loving god, but who knows these days?
The exalted will be humbled.

It’s your belief Saint Ding that the creator of existence whom you claim to know wants, needs, requires, expects devotion and thankfulness to it by the human beings encouraged in nature to act upon free will or they individually or in groups will have bad outcomes.

I don’t think you have acquired sufficient knowledge to honestly make that claim, We are justified in calling you a dishonest creature of God.

You tear down non-belief in “your” needy god based upon needy you. Outcomes across all humanity have nothing to do with needy you.

Keep your Catholic belief system but figure out a way to make it a positive contribution to America’s Civil Religion that Jefferson and Madison created for all of us - even atheists.

Mandelbrot Sets -- Proof of God?​

nfbw 240324 Vmspog00144 to Smspog00142
No. That's not my belief. Keep trying.

Every point of the universe is the centre. That's no problem. The problem is where is the universe expanding into? There is no outside. What do you "presume"? Is it expanding into nothing? What if it will hit a wall or another universe? I would say the universe is expanding into itselve. ... Whatever. ... An interesting question is perhaps why it is expanding in our near (around ~3 billion lightyears) faster than in the rest of the universe? Tries the universe to flee us because it noticed you are here? Or was god reckless and he left back a footprint within his own creation? ...
I posted that because Dr. Becky is very cute and does a fantastic job of explaining things according to modern physics dogma. Interesting to watch regardless of whether I personally agree or disagree with most of it.

I seem to recall you denigrating my atheism for a lack of morality, so yes.
So you took offense at my stating that atheism makes no distinction between good and evil? It wasn't meant to be offensive. It was meant to be a statement of fact.

Atheism proceeds in almost all its manifestations from the assumption that the basic principles guiding the life of an individual and of mankind in general do not go beyond the satisfaction of material needs or primitive instincts. They have no distinction between good and evil, no morality or any other kind of value, save pleasure.

So you took offense at my stating that atheism makes no distinction between good and evil? It wasn't meant to be offensive. It was meant to be a statement of fact.
Most things in this world make no distinction between good and evil, e.g., evolution, gravity, etc. To say that somehow a belief in a supernatural being does make a distinction since you can find just about any definition of good and evil in the religions of the world.

Forum List

Back