Manchin warns Democrats: Hit 'pause' on Biden's $3.5T plan

Meister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 15, 2009
Conservative part of the Northwest
Well, Well, Well, looks like it's not smooth sailing for the democrats and their
social dreams.

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said Democrats should hit "pause" on President Biden’s $3.5 trillion spending package, firing a significant warning shot at his party’s top legislative priority.

Manchin, during remarks this week at a West Virginia Chamber of Commerce event pointed to concerns about “runaway inflation,” the delta variant of the coronavirus and a botched withdrawal in Afghanistan to float slowing down what is the centerpiece of Biden's economic agenda.

"If the country is facing what we're facing now. ... I would ask my colleagues and all of the Senate to hit the pause button on the $3.5 [trillion]," Manchin said at the event on Wednesday. "Let’s sit back. Let’s see what happens. We have so much on our plate. We really have an awful lot. I think that would be the prudent, wise thing to do."

"I know they're going to go nuts right now ... because what I said is going to all my caucus in Washington," Manchin added, referring to his Democratic colleagues. "But I'm thinking of it from the standpoint of where we are as a nation today."

Well, Well, Well, looks like it's not smooth sailing for the democrats and their
social dreams.

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said Democrats should hit "pause" on President Biden’s $3.5 trillion spending package, firing a significant warning shot at his party’s top legislative priority.

Manchin, during remarks this week at a West Virginia Chamber of Commerce event pointed to concerns about “runaway inflation,” the delta variant of the coronavirus and a botched withdrawal in Afghanistan to float slowing down what is the centerpiece of Biden's economic agenda.

"If the country is facing what we're facing now. ... I would ask my colleagues and all of the Senate to hit the pause button on the $3.5 [trillion]," Manchin said at the event on Wednesday. "Let’s sit back. Let’s see what happens. We have so much on our plate. We really have an awful lot. I think that would be the prudent, wise thing to do."

"I know they're going to go nuts right now ... because what I said is going to all my caucus in Washington," Manchin added, referring to his Democratic colleagues. "But I'm thinking of it from the standpoint of where we are as a nation today."
Manchin is just enjoying his 15 minutes of relevance.

I think Sen Sinema from AZ is also against that much spending, and maybe a few others that don't have the balls to say so. BUT - one wonders just how much spending they'll end up supporting, maybe not $3.5 tril but $2.5 tril? And for what? What gets dropped from their bill and what doesn't? AND - what are the House progressives going to do if the Senate passes a much smaller spending bill? Pelosi said the House would pass whatever they get from the Senate, but one wonders if that's true if the spending is drastically reduced. Will the House renege on their promise to vote on the bipartisan infrastructure around the end of Sept like they said they would? Remember, Pelosi promised the House moderates she would do that in exchange for their support of the $3.5 tril budget agreement a week or two back? Curious and curiouser.

Things could get very dicey on their side of the aisle.

BTW, cheers for Manchin to introduce some sanity in our gov't spending.

Mancin should now have evidence that the Republicans aren't negotiating in good faith.

Kill the filibuster

Expand the court
what evidence is that? sounds like the Senator is standing up against the Xiden cults attempt to over throw our republic

Sounds like Mancin is ignoring the Republicans dishonesty and obstruction
or that he has real concerns about xiden and his band of dembot cultist…given they gave f’d everything they have done up so far…why give them 3.5 trillion. to waste

I think Sen Sinema from AZ is also against that much spending, and maybe a few others that don't have the balls to say so. BUT - one wonders just how much spending they'll end up supporting, maybe not $3.5 tril but $2.5 tril? And for what? What gets dropped from their bill and what doesn't? AND - what are the House progressives going to do if the Senate passes a much smaller spending bill? Pelosi said the House would pass whatever they get from the Senate, but one wonders if that's true if the spending is drastically reduced. Will the House renege on their promise to vote on the bipartisan infrastructure around the end of Sept like they said they would? Remember, Pelosi promised the House moderates she would do that in exchange for their support of the $3.5 tril budget agreement a week or two back? Curious and curiouser.

Things could get very dicey on their side of the aisle.

BTW, cheers for Manchin to introduce some sanity in our gov't spending.

Impossible. All spending bills MUST originate in the House.

Forum List

Back