Man suffocates to death in his sleep because his nose was blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cla234

Sep 15, 2022
DIY snoring cure killed man of 26; Tampons put up nose. - Free Online Library

Before anyone says ''he died because he put tampons up his nose, therefore, having a blocked nose isn't dangerous!''

Irrelevant. A blocked nose is a blocked nose. Doesn't matter what causes it, whether it be tampons, a deviated septum, broken nose, nasal polyps, allergies, or a bad cold. It's like saying that because a person died from being ran over by a Toyota, that means being ran over by a Ford is harmless.

The end result is the same - you can't breathe through your nose. The relevant part is that the guy in the article suffocated because he was unable to breathe through his nose.

1) Darwin is re-claiming one of his own.
2) South Park already did this (although that's not where the boys put the tampons). :auiqs.jpg:

Before anyone says ''he died because he put tampons up his nose, therefore, having a blocked nose isn't dangerous!''

Irrelevant. A blocked nose is a blocked nose. Doesn't matter what causes it, whether it be tampons, a deviated septum, broken nose, nasal polyps, allergies, or a bad cold. It's like saying that because a person died from being ran over by a Toyota, that means being ran over by a Ford is harmless.

The end result is the same - you can't breathe through your nose. The relevant part is that the guy in the article suffocated because he was unable to breathe through his nose.
not this again.....

. The relevant part is that the guy in the article suffocated because he was unable to breathe through his nose.
More than difficult to believe unless he blocked his mouth as efficiently , which seems ludicrous . But if he did , he got what he deserved.

More than difficult to believe unless he blocked his mouth as efficiently , which seems ludicrous . But if he did , he got what he deserved.

He didn't block his mouth.

Just because you can breathe through your mouth while awake doesn't mean you can breathe through your mouth while asleep. You can juggle while awake, that doesn't mean you can juggle while asleep. Humans are obligate nasal breathers and mouth breathing is not an automatic thing.

Few weeks ago you were trying to prove people can't breathe through their mouths calling it a myth. So now you started a new thread about the same thing. You seem to have some weird obsession with trying to make people agree you can't breathe through their mouth.

And once again, that is false.

Everyone that has had bad allergies here or a sinus infection and their nose is blocked up knows they wake up with a sore throat from breathing through their mouths all night.

Just because you can breathe through your mouth while awake doesn't mean you can breathe through your mouth while asleep. You can juggle while awake, that doesn't mean you can juggle while asleep. Humans are obligate nasal breathers and mouth breathing is not an automatic thing.

As you can see people do breathe through their mouth when they sleep and automatically when they are awake.

Just like you breathe through your mouth when running or under a lot of cardio stress. Only highly trained athletes breathe through their nose.

When I run I begin mouth breathing after 3 minutes because my body is burning oxygen faster than I can bring it in so my body goes to the mouth for bigger and more rapid breaths because I am not a trained runner.

As illustrated here it is a natural changeover.https://www.henryford.com/blog/2022/10/nose-vs-mouth-breathing#:~:text=Breathing%20through%20your%20nose%20acts,congestion%2C%20cold%20or%20allergies).

And comparing juggling to breathing? Jesus that's a really dumb analogy.

Last edited:
Few weeks ago you were trying to prove people can't breathe through their mouths calling it a myth. So now you started a new thread about the same thing. You seem to have some weird obsession with trying to make people agree you can't breathe through their mouth.

Everyone that has had bad allergies here or a sinus infection and their nose is blocked up knows they wake up with a sore throat from breathing through their mouths all night.

As you can see people do breathe through their mouth when they sleep and automatically when they are awake.

Just like you breathe through your mouth when running or under a lot of cardio stress. Only highly trained athletes breathe through their nose.

When I run I begin mouth breathing after 3 minutes because my body is burning oxygen faster than I can bring it in so my body goes to the mouth for bigger and more rapid breaths because I am not a trained runner.

As illustrated here it is a natural changeover.https://www.henryford.com/blog/2022/10/nose-vs-mouth-breathing#:~:text=Breathing%20through%20your%20nose%20acts,congestion%2C%20cold%20or%20allergies).

The news article disproves everything you just said.

I never said breathing is comparable to juggling. I'm saying that mouth breathing isn't an automatic reflex like most people think it is. Babies born with bilateral Choanal atresia die shortly after birth because they're obligate nasal breathers. This proves that mouth breathing is a learned thing, not an automatic reflex. Choanal atresia - Wikipedia

So rare that I see no mention of this .Would like to see a demo of somebody not mouth breathing when their nose is totally blocked .
Are there people who die in their sleep due to a blocked nose or lack of oxygen?

Liang-Hai Sie
Retired general internist, former intensive care physician.

No.
One can die if the respiratory drive is wholly inhibited, not having the urge to breath in will cause the lack of oxygen you're asking about.
If one's nose is wholly obstructed if that were ever possible, one can breath through one's mouth, see
Even when the walls of one's throat collapses during sleep obstructing breathing causing low oxygen levels in one's blood, one will awaken, take a few deep breaths, and fall asleep again, often without being conscious of all this see

So rare that I see no mention of this .Would like to see a demo of somebody not mouth breathing when their nose is totally blocked .
Are there people who die in their sleep due to a blocked nose or lack of oxygen?

Liang-Hai Sie
Retired general internist, former intensive care physician.

No.
One can die if the respiratory drive is wholly inhibited, not having the urge to breath in will cause the lack of oxygen you're asking about.
If one's nose is wholly obstructed if that were ever possible, one can breath through one's mouth, see
Even when the walls of one's throat collapses during sleep obstructing breathing causing low oxygen levels in one's blood, one will awaken, take a few deep breaths, and fall asleep again, often without being conscious of all this see
It would seem Liang-Hai Sie has not read the article I provided which debunks what he said.

Are you taking the full dose as prescribed by your doctor?

The news article disproves everything you just said.

I never said breathing is comparable to juggling. I'm saying that mouth breathing isn't an automatic reflex like most people think it is. Babies born with bilateral Choanal atresia die shortly after birth because they're obligate nasal breathers. This proves that mouth breathing is a learned thing, not an automatic reflex. Choanal atresia - Wikipedia

Yes they can, in the first 3 to 5 months of life. After that it ceases to be an issue as the infant grows. As I illustrated in your other thread where you were still trying to prove how smart you are about breathing because of some half baked ideas.

And yes you did compare it to juggling. You can't even keep straight what you say and don't say in the same thread.

WTF is up with this? Why hasn't a smart mod 86'ed this ridiculous reoccurring bullshit thread?

Is this just one very persistent bot who hangs out in different message boards running its complete nonsense?

More importantly, isn't it just time for all of us to put it on the ignore list?

This is becoming as annoying as the most persistent vapidly political leftist.

Yes they can, in the first 3 to 5 months of life. As I illustrated in your other thread where you were still trying to prove how smart you are about breathing because of some half baked ideas.

And yes you did compare it to juggling. You can't even keep straight what you say and don't say in the same thread.

The fact that babies have to learn how to breathe through their mouth proves that mouth breathing is not an automatic reflex. It is a learned thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back