Man hit by non-lethal round charged in Phoenix assault

Man hit by gas round in viral video now faces charges for aggravated assault on police

Man hit by gas round in viral video now faces charges for aggravated assault on police

The man seen in the 3TV/CBS 5 video getting hit with a non-lethal round after kicking a gas canister at officers was booked into jail Thursday night on four criminal charges, Phoenix police announced.

Joshua Stuart Cobin, 29, from Scottsdale, was booked on three felony counts of aggravated assault on police and one misdemeanor count of unlawful assembly.

He got what he asked for. I hope he does time.
Gotta love that.

Hee hee, got hit good in the balls, and just to rub salt in the wound now he gets to meet a few bubbas in jail. LMAO !!!

14746165_G.jpg
"That was not an unlawful assembly and that I had every right to be there. And that tear gas was in the way of myself and every other peacefully assembled protesters being there," he said.

"He has posted images and admissions to his crime on social and local media outlets," wrote Phoenix police spokesman Sgt. Jonathan Howard in an email announcing the arrest.

What kind of "peaceful" protester brings a gas mask? Then the guy brags about it on social media. I would take the guess that he wanted this to happen.

I love it!!
First he catches a non-lethal round in the nuts....and is now facing serious criminal charges. :laugh: :2up:

He was trying to. Police wouldn't let him.
That's because he was too busy attacking the police.

Hope he has fun in jail. .... :cool:
Nah he won't go to jail. The article even says so.
The media doesn't decide guilt or innocence, prison time or not, unless they are talking about Trump.

My husband told me it all depends on his attitude, the judge's mood and expertise of counsel.

He said if he has no priors and shows remorse he'll probably get probation, act like an ass he'll be made an example of.

He seems the type to show his ass

Forum List

Back