Malmedy Massacre Accused and Torture

Bush92

GHBush1992
May 23, 2014
http://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/Military_Law/pdf/Malmedy_report.pdf
Here is the PDF of the Senate investigation as to the treatment of Waffen SS prisoners facing trial for the December, 1944 massacre of US soldiers near Malmedy, France. Their sentences were commuted or reduced (including Captain Piper) because of the overaggressive nature of the way the American prosecutorial team handled the investigation. They used torture techniques and Republican's in the Congress...including Joseph McCarthy...demanded their release. The Eisenhower administration would agree that misconduct had occurred. I also agree. Citizens of the United states of America must always be vigilant in protecting their Bill of Rights freedoms. Anytime you allow people acting on behalf of the U.S. government to torture people, whether they were Nazi's 70 years ago, or suspected terrorist today, you open Pandora's Box to possible abuse on U.S. citizens.

Here is the PDF of the Senate investigation as to the treatment of Waffen SS prisoners facing trial for the December, 1944 massacre of US soldiers near Malmedy, France. Their sentences were commuted or reduced (including Captain Piper) because of the overaggressive nature of the way the American prosecutorial team handled the investigation. They used torture techniques and Republican's in the Congress...including Joseph McCarthy...demanded their release. The Eisenhower administration would agree that misconduct had occurred. I also agree. Citizens of the United states of America must always be vigilant in protecting their Bill of Rights freedoms. Anytime you allow people acting on behalf of the U.S. government to torture people, whether they were Nazi's 70 years ago, or suspected terrorist today, you open Pandora's Box to possible abuse on U.S. citizens.
Russian knew how to handle Nazis.

Note, the major ones ever tried in public were caught by Western Allies.

Soviets tried them before an NKVD non-com, and shot them in the field as captured.

Russian knew how to handle Nazis.

Note, the major ones ever tried in public were caught by Western Allies.

Soviets tried them before an NKVD non-com, and shot them in the field as captured.
When discussing the Eastern Front...I cheer for the Germans. I can never agree to communism in any form.

Didn't Jochen Peiper get whacked in '76?

Long arm of justice.
Yes. he was living in France and the local paper published his name and address. I think he was found dead in his burned out home. But as i also recall the fire was not the cause of death. It was a bullet to the head.

Forum List

Back