What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Majority of Iraq and Afghanistan Vets Accepting to Serving With Openly Gay Troops

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Reaction score
http://www.vetvoicefoundation.com/poll-details-031610.pdf

Some interesting stats:

67% believe Gender has little bearing on a service's member ability to perform their duties.

82% believe Race or Ethnicity have little bearing on a service's member ability to perform their duties.

60% believe being Gay or Lesbian have little bearing on a service's member ability to perform their duties. 66% 35 and under agreed with this statement, 57% of those 35 and over.

73% are comfortable in the presence of Gays and Lesbians. This is true for 80% of those 35 and under, while true for 69% of those over 35.

73% would find it acceptable to serve with openly gay or lesbian people in the Military.

And interesting considering some other things:

45% Republican, 25% Independent, 20% Democratic for those that are known.

And lastly:

In your most recent unit, were there people you think are gay or lesbian but don't know for sure?

58% said yes, and 19% were unsure.

JW Frogen

Gold Member
Reaction score
Oh for fuck sake they already serve, honorable.

Why are we arguing over whether reality is reality?

Claudette

Diamond Member
Reaction score
As long as your team members has got your back. Who gives a shit what his or her sexual preference is?? I sure wouldn't care.

Gays have been serving honorably thorought the ages. Jeeze.

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Reaction score
As long as your team members has got your back. Who gives a shit what his or her sexual preference is?? I sure wouldn't care.

As long as my back's not bare I'm good. :eusa_whistle:

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Reaction score
reagan_bush_obama.jpg

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Reaction score
so there will no longer be a reason seperate the sexes will there. Co ed the barracks.

maineman

VIP Member
Reaction score
1 rogue poll is not proof.. nor does it make the logistical issues disappear
logistical issues are on-issues.

Bigots will always throw out reasons why it CAN'T be done instead of just accepting that it WILL be done, saluting smartly, and doing it.

This is precisely how many career military personnel reacted in 1947 when Truman integrated the military.

bodecea

Diamond Member
Reaction score
so there will no longer be a reason seperate the sexes will there. Co ed the barracks.

In some cases it's not an issue anymore. I shared a suite with guys in advanced flight training and there were no separate "sleeping arrangements" while going thru land survival. And our officers quarters on deployment were co-ed. For some reason, the world did not end.

Claudette

Diamond Member
Reaction score

As long as my back's not bare I'm good. :eusa_whistle:

Yo Ring. In the heat of battle I don't think anyone, anyone, will be looking at your naked back or ass. LOL

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Gunny

Gold Member
Reaction score
http://www.vetvoicefoundation.com/poll-details-031610.pdf

Some interesting stats:

67% believe Gender has little bearing on a service's member ability to perform their duties.

82% believe Race or Ethnicity have little bearing on a service's member ability to perform their duties.

60% believe being Gay or Lesbian have little bearing on a service's member ability to perform their duties. 66% 35 and under agreed with this statement, 57% of those 35 and over.

73% are comfortable in the presence of Gays and Lesbians. This is true for 80% of those 35 and under, while true for 69% of those over 35.

73% would find it acceptable to serve with openly gay or lesbian people in the Military.

And interesting considering some other things:

45% Republican, 25% Independent, 20% Democratic for those that are known.

And lastly:

In your most recent unit, were there people you think are gay or lesbian but don't know for sure?

58% said yes, and 19% were unsure.

Right. You keep believing the propaganda.:cuckoo:

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

maineman

VIP Member
Reaction score
i'll leave it up to those in charge

not a poll

I agree wholeheartedly. It is entirely up to the civilian command structure. It means absolutely NOTHING that rank and file troops like or don't like the policies that are decided by their chain of command.

Reaction score

I got this...

John Soltz is the Chairman of Vet Voice Foundation...

"Soltz is an outspoken critic of the Iraq War and attended the 2007 Yearly-Kos Convention in Chicago, where he was on the panel for the "The Military and Progressives: Are They Really That Different?"

Jigar Ashwin Madia is a Lawyer and failed political candidate; A Leftist; He won the endorsement of the Minnesote Democratic Farmer labor Party (DFL), a communist front group; during her failed campaign for a small Minnesota Congressional District where she also received the endorsement from other notable Leftist organizations such as the Teamsters Local 120; the United Auto Workers; Minnesota State CAP Council because of his progressive views on LGBT issues, Madia also received the endorsement of Minnesota Stonewall DFL LGBT group, eQualityGiving and son on.

The Policy Advocacies of Madia were the end to the US Global War on Terror, Closing Gitmo, exposing America's role in Global Warming, Healthcare reform and normalizing sexual abnormailty in the US Military; along with the promoting the interests of the Minnesota Communist Farm Labor Party.

So, what ya have here are Progressives, trying to undermine the US Armed Forces... through the normalization of sexual abnormality...and this specious little poll.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List