Major corporations threaten to leave Chicago over new mayors progressive policies

Lightfoot has also since denounced the 'defund the police' movement, unveiling a new plan to - ironically - 'refund the police.'

99562674-mice_2Band_2Bmen.jpg

~S~

Johnson is going to be worse that Lighfoot. He compared the ambush murder of the young black female police officer to the legit police shooting of an armed teen.

"If you want more of something, subsidize it. If you want less of something, tax it."
Ronald Reagan

I would add one thing to the 2nd part, "if you want less legal sales of something, tax it"

The Pot industries are learning that the hard way. They went from a ban inspired black market to a price cutting black market.

I would add one thing to the 2nd part, "if you want less legal sales of something, tax it"

The Pot industries are learning that the hard way. They went from a ban inspired black market to a price cutting black market.

Reminds me many years ago when proponents of the lottery were trying to get it in our state. They told us a lottery would put the mob out of business. The lottery finally passed and the mob started to use the state pulled numbers on television for their games. They paid better and there were no tax deductions.

Reminds me many years ago when proponents of the lottery were trying to get it in our state. They told us a lottery would put the mob out of business. The lottery finally passed and the mob started to use the state pulled numbers on television for their games. They paid better and there were no tax deductions.

It's sad that even the mob will take a less of a cut than the State does.

Forum List

Back