Maineman's Point Acknowledged

You will discover that liberals have no intention of holding any ally accountable for anything they can cover up or ognore. Several liberal posters on this board have stated they will NOT call to task fellow liberals for lies and misinformation. The reason being they believe any ally is good, no matter the problems.

I agree, May i suggest though, that its human nature to defend your friends. :eusa_think: I think republicans and democrats are operating in a im right mode. Ive seen some very vile liberals, who physically attacked republicans.

You have missed a point.... These same " any ally is good" Liberals decry when the Republicans do anything even remotely similar to the no morals attitude of the left. They even fabricate things to claim it.

I agree with you. Ive seen instances of hypocrisy from the left, believe me, you could find enough to write a book with the hypocrist youre speaking of. And when i mean left, i mean most members of the current democratic party, that wouldnt allow joe lieberman to disagree on the war. While republicans are split.

and another:

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-op-kagan10jun10,0,1196899.story?coll=la-opinion-center

Al Qaeda's new enemy -- Iraqis
U.S. efforts and terrorist atrocities are turning some against the group.
By Frederick W. Kagan
FREDERICK W. KAGAN is a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and the author of "Finding the Target: The Transformation of the American Military."

June 10, 2007

LAST MONTH, the Associated Press reported that residents of Amariya, one of the bastions of Al Qaeda control in Baghdad, turned on the terrorists and, with U.S. help, killed their leader and many of his followers. The fight is emblematic of a larger trend in Iraq.

The Iraqi government has long declared its determination to root out terrorists in the country, and its security forces have been fighting Al Qaeda for months. But now, ordinary Iraqis, most significantly Sunni Arabs in Al Anbar province (until now the chief supporters of the terrorists), are putting their lives on the line against Al Qaeda as well.

The story of the "Anbar Awakening" — the uniting of the province's Sunni Arab tribes against Al Qaeda — is relatively well known. In mid-2006, a Marine intelligence officer in Al Anbar declared the situation hopeless and the province irretrievably lost. The Iraqi government was unable to recruit Anbaris into the local or national police or into the Iraqi army. But later that year, a combination of Al Qaeda atrocities and skillful counterinsurgency techniques by U.S. forces convinced Sunni tribal leaders that enough was enough.

Today, more than 12,500 Anbari recruits, the overwhelming majority of them Sunnis, are fighting or preparing to fight Al Qaeda despite ferocious counterattacks by the terrorists against them and their families. Tribal leaders are negotiating with the Iraqi government to rebuild their war-torn province. Violence in the provincial capital has dropped precipitately, from 108 deaths a week in mid-February to seven in the second week of May. Al Anbar has gone from hopeless to a beacon of hope and a signal of the turn of Iraq's Sunnis against their erstwhile terrorist allies.

Forum List

Back