Maher - Obama not a “real black president”

Race isn't a factor. Culture, however, is.

Unfortunately, we have a street culture telling people they can't amount to anything if they have a certain skin color or that abhors education as being a traitor to their race.

It's totally bullcrap, but people accept it as reality. It's really sad.

You are so right.

35518d1233792355-rednecks-obama-rednecks-obama.jpg

Rednecks

Rednecks4Obama.jpg

rdnks4obama.jpg

Thank God those on the Right don't say things like, "Elitist" and "It's just a piece of paper" or push "mysticism" over science.

Not All REDNECKS are Smart...By LIBERAL Definition. Funny we have a POST that supports them?

How Conienient. You fuckers are so transparent. Only when it suits you.

Not all liberals are smart. There is a place for everyone and everyone has a place. But I suspect that "Rednecks" that support President Obama are probably pretty smart.

Convenient

Quite Correct. There ARE *NO MINORITIES* when it comes to living on the planet...and to surviving. The precept is a political one, and I come from a REALIST POV. We're ALL Human, and have a time just living on the planet to start with. To parse into groups to serve as a leg up on one toward another is disingenuous...divisive...and dangerous. If a Society is to survive.

It puts us to where we are...and History has already taugh us this lesson through the ages. It would appear that many haven't learned this lesson...and remain stuck on stupidity...and take the rest of us down with them.

I won't Stand for it as a HUMAN.

A society where race was irrelevant would be wonderful. Okay, now wake up and evaluate the history of America over the last 400 years. In the past, black people have been relegated to a position lower than that of white people, hell, a little over 150 years ago the Supreme Court ruled that even free black people in the United States were not citizens of this country. Also, the influences of past racism, discrimination, and segregation are still relevant even today. Black people in America have not yet been able to form generations of the same supportive civil institutions that white people have over the past 400 years.

Quite Correct. There ARE *NO MINORITIES* when it comes to living on the planet...and to surviving. The precept is a political one, and I come from a REALIST POV. We're ALL Human, and have a time just living on the planet to start with. To parse into groups to serve as a leg up on one toward another is disingenuous...divisive...and dangerous. If a Society is to survive.

It puts us to where we are...and History has already taugh us this lesson through the ages. It would appear that many haven't learned this lesson...and remain stuck on stupidity...and take the rest of us down with them.

A society where race was irrelevant would be wonderful. Okay, now wake up and evaluate the history of America over the last 400 years. In the past, black people have been relegated to a position lower than that of white people, hell, a little over 150 years ago the Supreme Court ruled that even free black people in the United States were not citizens of this country. Also, the influences of past racism, discrimination, and segregation are still relevant even today. Black people in America have not yet been able to form generations of the same supportive civil institutions that white people have over the past 400 years.

Citation?
How about over the last 50 years, which is most of our life spans? If the goal, even of black activists, was for a color blind society why aren't we moving towards that? Especially now with Obama as president it makes it hard to say blacks can't achieve anything because of their skin color.

'Real black president'??? What happened to Obama's white mother and grandparents'??? I would say he is a bi-racial president - if one must put a label on him.

Citation?
You need a citation for Dred Scott??

Are you THAT historically impotent?

Citation?
How about over the last 50 years, which is most of our life spans? If the goal, even of black activists, was for a color blind society why aren't we moving towards that? Especially now with Obama as president it makes it hard to say blacks can't achieve anything because of their skin color.

1. Dred Scott v Sanford. FindLaw | Cases and Codes

2. In Virginia in the 1960s entire public school systems shut down rather than integrate. Such a policy undoubtably has a lasting effect.

3. I dont know. Maybe black people are proud of their black heritage like many white people are to be proud of the Irish, German, Itailian, etc, etc roots.

4. Im not saying that blacks cannot achieve. I am saying that past circumstances are still relevant today for some.

Real Black President | Bill Maher | Video | Mediaite

If you thought Glenn Beck putting on an evil witch voice to imitate Malia Obama was offensive, this one is going to blow your socks off. Last night, Bill Maher lamented President Barack Obama’s “professorial” personality, noting with a hint of betrayal in his voice that he was expecting a “real black president”– you know, the kind that “lifts up his shirt so they can see the gun in his pants.”

No, that really is the entire joke, which you can watch below. After making a quip about former president George W. Bush making an unfortunate reappropriation of his famous Hurricane Katrina “heck of a job, Brownie” comment, Maher laments that Obama doesn’t bring a gun to BP meetings and “shoots somebody in the foot,” because that is what a “real black president” would do. He does not attribute this image of black people to racist Obama opponents, or do anything to clarify that this is not the way he believes black people should behave.

(video at the link)

Ah, Bill Maher, the only tiime this guy is really funny is when he drops the jokes and tries for some real political commentary.
No doubt.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBzYSUI5_GM]YouTube - Bill Maher on elites[/ame]​

I don't understand what the fuss is about. It was a glancing comment with no real significance in terms of what Bill actually believes. Limbaugh and all those cracpots actually believe what they are saying, and try to get the rest of us to believe what he does. Bill simply puts forth his own COMMENTARY on current events all in the name of offering a different perspective on things than that which is presented or even sold to us, especially by the Limgaughs, Becks, and all those other assholes who try to shove it down our throats. That you would even compare Maher to Beck, only speaks to your own delusion and desperate effort to try and have the same scapegoat and outlet for your own political frustrations because you hang on so wholeheartedly to your political dogma as the bane of your identity. Hence, we all end up hating eachother, as evidenced on these forums, citing current quotes made by prominent media figures as a medium through which to simply berate and yell at eachother. What are we accomplishing? I find that, simply as an observation, most of this hate talk and inability to listen to anybody comes mostly as an attack from the right, from conservatives, who are trying their hardest to discredit the left, embarrass and humiliate the left, by pointing to media figures who they think represent us, as if it was us who said it ourselves. It's ridiculous. We are all individuals, yet you cons act as if none of you have any individual identities. You are filled with hate and anger, and I don't see any progress being made in this country when this is the interpersonal climate in which we exist. It would do us all a great favor to let go of ourselves and try to do what is good for the common wellbeing of our state, instead of simply trying to vindicate ourselves against some percieved past transgressions by the otherside. It's a revenge-laiden tactic with undertones of true aggression and even violent intent were it possible. I believe that were there not the outlet of online forums, we would be be in some kind of civil war, killing over beliefs. That is how polarized we have become. Read through these threads. I, myself, am not innocent, but I am trying to see different. Sometimes I give into my anger, even in this post, which is weakness I need to work on, because it is not constructive. We have to ask, what are we all aiming for? As long as we are all busy hating eachother, we are not fixing any problems that really exist. We are simply trying to get our voices heard simly to get them heard, not to actually fix anything. We are trying to validate our own positions by invalidating the other side. Well, that doesn't work. It only creates more hate, and will only split this country, and our basic humanity, farther apart. Don't you all feel this? Hannity and all of them really feed this hatred and polarization. It's toxic and doesn't help our collective goal to live in a functional country. It is this schism between us which makes this country so ugly and unnattractive right now. The irony is that the cons preach their self-righteous ideologies in the name of patriotic ideals, yet are willing to try to blacklist others in the name of their arbritrary image of this country, which goes against the idea of liberty and freedom of thought for everybody. I could go on and on, but hopefully you get the point. Can't we stop this bickering, and try to actually solve problems, and make this country better? There is too much ego in all of these. Let go of your ego, of yourself, and try to help someone other than yourself. That's the only way. Forgive, and move on for heaven's sake. Peace.

P.S. I fully anticiplate scathing replies where you rip apart my post and contest certain points and try to discredit my own position. Can't we just stop this. Can not you refrain from this never ending cycle of hatred? I doubt it, but that will be the day when we are a country again ready to move out of the past and move on. This may seem hypocritical, but I am trying my hardest to relate a sincere message. When we start working together, this country will succeed and be the America we all envision. If this hostile political climate continues, That is never going to happen. We are going to destory ourselves, and perhaps that is what we deserve... As long as Palin and all of them are bashing our President who is trying to fix a host of problems, which I consider terribly unpatriotic, and encouraging others to do the same, he is never going to be able to get anything done, and we are going to sit stagnant in this pool of problems. You may say that we did the same to Bush, but he started a fucking war that no one wanted to start. They acted independant of anybody in this country, and did not deserve our patriotism. Obama is trying the best he can to simply fix one of the heaviest load of problems given to a president in the history of our country, and all people can do is sit and point the finger, instead of offer support. It's pitiful. I feel myself becoming more and more of a hippy, but whatever... come together.

Last edited:

It exists because those responsible for it are allowed to get away with it.

You needn't bother with the history lessons here. I am just as cognicent as you are. I abhor those that still practice the race baiting and bigotry and let them have it everytime I encounter them.

Our POTUS still practices it. Or didn't you hear his first words when the Arizona LAW came out? Calling upon Jispanics and Blacks to come out and VOTE?

Astounding.

People need to learn Maher is all about the shock value, and he doesn't really give a shit if he pisses someone off. I personally like the fact he doesn't care.

if was republican, you'd be shitting laser beams
And if Republican you'd be vehemently denying it was even remotely racist.

September 22, 2008
RUSH: These polls on how one-third of blue-collar white Democrats won't vote for Obama because he's black, and -- but he's not black. Do you know he has not one shred of African-American blood? He doesn't have any African -- that's why when they asked whether he was authentic, whether he's down for the struggle. He's Arab.

I don't understand what the fuss is about. It was a glancing comment with no real significance in terms of what Bill actually believes. Limbaugh and all those cracpots actually believe what they are saying, and try to get the rest of us to believe what he does. Bill simply puts forth his own COMMENTARY on current events all in the name of offering a different perspective on things than that which is presented or even sold to us, especially by the Limgaughs, Becks, and all those other assholes who try to shove it down our throats. That you would even compare Maher to Beck, only speaks to your own delusion and desperate effort to try and have the same scapegoat and outlet for your own political frustrations because you hang on so wholeheartedly to your political dogma as the bane of your identity. Hence, we all end up hating eachother, as evidenced on these forums, citing current quotes made by prominent media figures as a medium through which to simply berate and yell at eachother. What are we accomplishing? I find that, simply as an observation, most of this hate talk and inability to listen to anybody comes mostly as an attack from the right, from conservatives, who are trying their hardest to discredit the left, embarrass and humiliate the left, by pointing to media figures who they think represent us, as if it was us who said it ourselves. It's ridiculous. We are all individuals, yet you cons act as if none of you have any individual identities. You are filled with hate and anger, and I don't see any progress being made in this country when this is the interpersonal climate in which we exist. It would do us all a great favor to let go of ourselves and try to do what is good for the common wellbeing of our state, instead of simply trying to vindicate ourselves against some percieved past transgressions by the otherside. It's a revenge-laiden tactic with undertones of true aggression and even violent intent were it possible. I believe that were there not the outlet of online forums, we would be be in some kind of civil war, killing over beliefs. That is how polarized we have become. Read through these threads. I, myself, am not innocent, but I am trying to see different. Sometimes I give into my anger, even in this post, which is weakness I need to work on, because it is not constructive. We have to ask, what are we all aiming for? As long as we are all busy hating eachother, we are not fixing any problems that really exist. We are simply trying to get our voices heard simly to get them heard, not to actually fix anything. We are trying to validate our own positions by invalidating the other side. Well, that doesn't work. It only creates more hate, and will only split this country, and our basic humanity, farther apart. Don't you all feel this? Hannity and all of them really feed this hatred and polarization. It's toxic and doesn't help our collective goal to live in a functional country. It is this schism between us which makes this country so ugly and unnattractive right now. The irony is that the cons preach their self-righteous ideologies in the name of patriotic ideals, yet are willing to try to blacklist others in the name of their arbritrary image of this country, which goes against the idea of liberty and freedom of thought for everybody. I could go on and on, but hopefully you get the point. Can't we stop this bickering, and try to actually solve problems, and make this country better? There is too much ego in all of these. Let go of your ego, of yourself, and try to help someone other than yourself. That's the only way. Forgive, and move on for heaven's sake. Peace.

P.S. I fully anticiplate scathing replies where you rip apart my post and contest certain points and try to discredit my own position. Can't we just stop this. Can not you refrain from this never ending cycle of hatred? I doubt it, but that will be the day when we are a country again ready to move out of the past and move on. This may seem hypocritical, but I am trying my hardest to relate a sincere message. When we start working together, this country will succeed and be the America we all envision. If this hostile political climate continues, That is never going to happen. We are going to destory ourselves, and perhaps that is what we deserve... As long as Palin and all of them are bashing our President who is trying to fix a host of problems, which I consider terribly unpatriotic, and encouraging others to do the same, he is never going to be able to get anything done, and we are going to sit stagnant in this pool of problems. You may say that we did the same to Bush, but he started a fucking war that no one wanted to start. They acted independant of anybody in this country, and did not deserve our patriotism. Obama is trying the best he can to simply fix one of the heaviest load of problems given to a president in the history of our country, and all people can do is sit and point the finger, instead of offer support. It's pitiful. I feel myself becoming more and more of a hippy, but whatever... come together.

projection - definition of projection by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

pro·jec·tion (pr-jkshn)
n.
1. The act of projecting or the condition of being projected.
2. A thing or part that extends outward beyond a prevailing line or surface: spiky projections on top of a fence; a projection of land along the coast.
3. A plan for an anticipated course of action: "facilities [that] are vital to the projection of U.S. force . . . in the Pacific" (Alan D. Romberg).
4. A prediction or an estimate of something in the future, based on present data or trends.
a. The process of projecting an image onto a screen or other surface for viewing.
b. An image so projected.
6. Mathematics The image of a geometric figure reproduced on a line, plane, or surface.
7. A system of intersecting lines, such as the grid of a map, on which part or all of the globe or another spherical surface is represented as a plane surface.
8. Psychology
a. The attribution of one's own attitudes, feelings, or suppositions to others: "Even trained anthropologists have been guilty of unconscious projectionof clothing the subjects of their research in theories brought with them into the field" (Alex Shoumatoff).
b. The attribution of one's own attitudes, feelings, or desires to someone or something as a naive or unconscious defense against anxiety or guilt.

There is such a thing as a racist joke. Just ask Don Imus. Calling Maher out on it does not raise the level of "hate" in America. Also fwiw, the internet is not real life. People can be mean and nasty here in a way that would earn an ass kicking in the real world. Neither side of the political spectrum is more guilty than the other when it comes to rabble rousing. The country is not nearly as bad off as you imagine and come November, will be better still. Relax man, sheesh.

People need to learn Maher is all about the shock value, and he doesn't really give a shit if he pisses someone off. I personally like the fact he doesn't care.

if was republican, you'd be shitting laser beams
And if Republican you'd be vehemently denying it was even remotely racist.

September 22, 2008
RUSH: These polls on how one-third of blue-collar white Democrats won't vote for Obama because he's black, and -- but he's not black. Do you know he has not one shred of African-American blood? He doesn't have any African -- that's why when they asked whether he was authentic, whether he's down for the struggle. He's Arab.
I thought Rush called him a Halfrican.

Well, Obama's not a real black president. He's real. And he's president. But he's only half black. The fact that Obama checks "African American" on his census rather than "White" or "Other" is telling. He's half white, half black. SO......he checks 100% black on his census. Does that mean he's ashamed of his white half, or that he feels the white half would be a political handicap? I'd love to know which one.

So, lets equal out all 400 years of it. Lets confiscate all money and property of 300M Americans, then equally distribute it back out to all races equally. Would that work?

Or, better yet, lets just get over it. Some people get a better head start than others. Some blow that head start, others use it to their advantage. Just as some use their lack of a silver platter at birth as an EXCUSE to fail, while others use the more challenging start in life as a way to build character and work ethic for huge success in the long run. The choice is the INDIVIDUALS regardless of where they start in life. Plenty of rich boys grew up to be poor, lazy adults, and plenty of poor kids grew up to be rich, generous adults. Enough already with the "400 years of oppression" bullshit.

Well, Obama's not a real black president. He's real. And he's president. But he's only half black. The fact that Obama checks "African American" on his census rather than "White" or "Other" is telling. He's half white, half black. SO......he checks 100% black on his census. Does that mean he's ashamed of his white half, or that he feels the white half would be a political handicap? I'd love to know which one.

So In effect? he's conflicted. Not only with the American people and where they choose to be...but within himself...and his twisted ideals that have gotten in the way.

Easy to belive from his performance thusfar.

One way to measure :: How easily could he have gotten a cab?

Fox 5 Investigates: DC Taxicab Discrimination

So In effect? he's conflicted. Not only with the American people and where they choose to be...but within himself...and his twisted ideals that have gotten in the way.

Easy to belive from his performance thusfar.

Yes, he's a conflicted man.

On one hand, he's very intelligent. He begrudgingly accepts the fact that his path in life and to success would be hard to duplicate in any other country in the world. Being born without much, and being viewed as a minority, in many other countries he'd never be as successful. He wasn't born into royalty, and he knows that his success is directly tied to the greatness of America.

However, on the other hand, he holds harsh views for this country, as evident by the company he has kept his entire life and some of his comments that have slipped out. He doesn't like that the success of the US has prevented the success of some other countries. He doesn't like the competitive nature of American society. He somehow feels that the exact things that made his path possible in this country are the same things that prevent others from being better off. Like competitive work environments, etc.

He has enjoyed the American dream through the great opportunities this country offers, while at the same time clinching to the far left ideals that say this country's greatness is harmful to the world.

I just want him to claim his white half.

Citation?
You need a citation for Dred Scott??

Are you THAT historically impotent?

I did not recognize that description as applying to Dred Scott v Sandford.
Actually I still don't since the case said nothing like what was claimed.
"Historically impotent"?? I think you mean yourself. And historically ignorant to boot.

Forum List

Back