magnet fan analogy

trevorjohnson83

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2015
If you were to line up two fans so that the wind pushes them apart, you kind of get a similar effect for to north ends of a magnet facing each other. The difference between the two is that the wind circulates for the fan but for a magnet the wind has space as a medium and due to its unbreakable nature in the universe, the wind is more of a deformation of space. The push of the magnet puts a squeezing force on space, for example when you spin a magnet in a coil the squeezing force on space pulls the electrons back and forth between the copper atoms which gives us Alternating current. A mechanical version of this could be balls in a loop with a fan spinning to create the magnetic effect.

As far as the mechanical circuitry, you might be able to replace dangerous powerlines with a closed system of heavy balls that would be cheaper, easier to repair and could convert the mechanical energy back to electricity at some other point.

less friction on the balls using water could improve from the efficiency over power lines heat loss, say over a mile.

with a fan the medium is air but with a magnet its heat, that's what pushes and pulls electrons in ac circuits.

I don't think because a magnet churns heat that it would make the magnet hot. A fan doesn't create cool air when it circulates air. The heat of space around the magnet is going to be the heat of the magnetic field, it's just churning like a fan.

Last edited:
I was reading that the colder the magnet the more powerful the magnetic field. What I was wondering is would a magnet with a center of some sort of ice could be used to get the most out of the energy you burn to spin it. It would make sense that you would want to use freezing cold magnets.

You could hollow out the magnet and put threads like a screw inside and feed an ice water core through the magnet as it spins. Then when it feeds out still as ice just refreeze it and use it again in a loop. That would keep the magnet very cold. If you hold a piece of ice and stick a magnet into it the magnet absorbs the cold faster then your fingers.

Forum List

Back