Madison cawthorn takes knife to school made meeting.

This is the same GOP whack-job who tried to board a plane with a handgun.

What is wrong with this kook?

I'm a retired vet. I feel naked without my knife on my hip.

I don't see the big deal about this incident. Yes, he should have, and probably did, known that knives are not allowed on school property. But I forget about my knife all the time and have had to run back to my vehicle because I forget I had the knife when entering a government building. And I can't tell you how many times I've had knives confiscated by the TSA. And man, it hurts when a knife you reeeeeally like gets taken from you and deposited in a metal box. DAMMIT!

Now, as for the incident where he tried to carry a gun and loaded magazine onto an airplane, it is ridiculous he was not arrested or at least fined. If you or I tried that, we'd be fucked up the ass with several rubber gloved hands and batons.

“Deputies said that Rep. Cawthorn is now aware that the administrative offices of the school system are considered educational property and that no weapons are allowed.” ibid

If he wasn’t aware of this prior he’s as much an ignoramus as a loon.
I don't think he has any kids. It's possible it didn't occur to him.

I thought maybe he just had a small fold knife on his hip, as I often carry until I saw the picture of it sticking out of the back of his wheelchair. That is truly bizarre, not a tool but a weapon. Everybody knows you don't take something like that into a school, or school grounds.
The guy obviously has paranoia issues.

I'm a retired vet. I feel naked without my knife on my hip.

I don't see the big deal about this incident. Yes, he should have, and probably did, known that knives are not allowed on school property. But I forget about my knife all the time and have had to run back to my vehicle because I forget I had the knife when entering a government building. And I can't tell you how many times I've had knives confiscated by the TSA. And man, it hurts when a knife you reeeeeally like gets taken from you and deposited in a metal box. DAMMIT!

Now, as for the incident where he tried to carry a gun and loaded magazine onto an airplane, it is ridiculous he was not arrested or at least fined. If you or I tried that, we'd be fucked up the ass with several rubber gloved hands and batons.
This incident would be unremarkable except that it shows a pattern of behavior.

He's not the one who thinks a sheathed knife is a threat. It is those who got their panties all in a wad being paranoid.
That's the quintessential republican way of looking at things.

GOPElephantUpsideDown.png

Really?

It seems that those who are getting upset over the fact that a handicapped man in a wheelchair had a knife, are not on the conservative side.
Last time it was a pistol. What's next, hand grenades?

Forum List

Back