Made in China

eagle7-31

Diamond Member
Mar 24, 2020

reminds me of US companies doing business with that Austrian house painter back in the 1930's

Well, on a good note..........sort of.........

There are LOTS of USA small businesses that are fighting the imports of Chinese garbage into this country. UNFORTUNATELY, their prices are on the high end.

When I'm looking for something to buy, I look online for USA makers first. If they are out of my price range, then I look for Canadian made goods, Mexican made goods, South Asian........ANYTHING but Chinese. It takes some searching, but I usually do find what Im looking for at a decent price, NOT made in China!!!

There are LOTS of USA small businesses that are fighting the imports of Chinese garbage into this country. UNFORTUNATELY, their prices are on the high end.

When I'm looking for something to buy, I look online for USA makers first. If they are out of my price range, then I look for Canadian made goods, Mexican made goods, South Asian........ANYTHING but Chinese. It takes some searching, but I usually do find what Im looking for at a decent price, NOT made in China!!!
You go through all the components of the products that you buy to insure than none of the them are produced or sold by companies in China? Wow, that’s an impressive amount of work you put into each purchase decision.

Buy American. It's more expensive, but the items are better quality and will last longer...which has the added benefit of being better for the environment to boot.

reminds me of US companies doing business with that Austrian house painter back in the 1930's
You can blame the GOP for passing tax laws giving US companies tax breaks for investing in foreign nations including China. You can blame Trump and the GOP for their 2017 tax law that also gave tax breaks and incentives for US companies to invest in China and foreign nations.

Write your Congressman and Senator to pass the Biden tax plan. It will take away these incentives.

Are you comparing China with Nazi Germany? If so that’s nonsensical, but the MIC loves you.

China makes stuff. We don’t. Plus they make stuff cheaply that many poor Americans can afford. Why do you want to screw the poor?

Waaaa !
Waaaaaaa!

A bunch of low cost goods are made in China which makes them much cheaper for the US consumer and also increases the US companies global TAM.

Maybe you should have worked harder in life and developed some job skills, then you wouldn't have to worry about your job being shipped off to some "shit hole country"

If your job skills are on par with an illiterate from a 3rd world coutry that is your fault for being lazy. Don't blame me for your problems in life. Now the rest of us have to suffer because i can make money in the modern economy and lazy high school drop outs can't...

Trumpers are the laziest and dumbest of America, working minimum wage, no skill jobs.

there are an over abundance of fantastic high paying jobs for people that actually have job skills (which obviously is not lazy low skilled Trumpers).

You go through all the components of the products that you buy to insure than none of the them are produced or sold by companies in China? Wow, that’s an impressive amount of work you put into each purchase decision.

It's not that hard. Research is easy.
Although I had to state that when I contact these American businesses for information, I don't always get a response. If I don't get a response, I don't buy anything from them.

So far, Tervis has been one of the most EXCELLENT American businesses that give responses to customer inquiries, and they don't purchase anything from China as far as plastics. Although they did start purchasing manufactured steel cups and drinkware from China. But their plastics are supposed all USA.

Conagra is a US conglomerate that has been surprisingly cooperative in giving me information about their food sources, which have all turned out to be farms all located in the USA.
Nothing comes from overseas. So I make it a personal choice to only buy foods produced by Conagra and it's satellite farm distributors.

It's nothing for me to send an email to a company and wait a couple of days for a response.
If I don't get a response, then obviously they don't want my patronage or money. So I look somewhere else. This also tells me about their customer service.....or rather if they HAVE customer service or not.

For the most part, US companies that are trying to drive Chinese products out of this country are pretty good about being as customer friendly and honest as they can. And that suits me well enough to spend a few extra cents on US made goods and bypass the cheap Chinese garbage altogether.

You can blame the GOP for passing tax laws giving US companies tax breaks for investing in foreign nations including China. You can blame Trump and the GOP for their 2017 tax law that also gave tax breaks and incentives for US companies to invest in China and foreign nations.

Write your Congressman and Senator to pass the Biden tax plan. It will take away these incentives.
Both parties are to blame.

Meanwhile most US companies moved tech operations to "Israel" per Silverstein's suggestion in the mid 90's as Bibi now claims "Israel" is the best at tech stuff. The guy who somehow fanangled a 100 year lease term and obtained multiple insurance claims instead of one in which many scientists suggest "Israel" was involved in. In contrast to the zionist regime, China never fucked with the USA with the intent of destroying it,

As far as a "one global economy" goes................we are at least 200 years away from being anything close to what Star Trek embodies.

First you have to get rid of corruption.
Then you have to get rid of greed.
Then you have to educate EVERYBODY.
Then you have to instill civilized social skills into everybody.

THEN, and only THEN might you have the makings for a one global economy to work.

Forum List

Back