Mad Max and Mad Max 2 (Max)

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
How appropriate all the Mad Max movies are streaming on Max! :lol:

I have seen every Mad Max movie at their initial releases in the theater.

I've just started rewatching the franchise from the beginning in preparation of going to see Mad Max: Furiosa.

The first two movies hold up very well despite the passage of time. The funny thing is that sequels usually suck, but Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior is better than the first.

The first movie takes place before the nuclear apocalypse. The second lays down the template of all the rest which followed, right down to tying hostages to the front of a vehicle.

I forgot about the wild child in Mad Max 2. :lol:

Mad Max is a solid franchise.
Max 1 and Max 2 are similar to the first two Godfather movies... forever argued which is better.
I wasn't a huge fan of Thunderdome. The costumes were a bit outlandish and the plot was very loose.
I did like Fury Road, very entertaining with some awesome stage setting.

Mad Max is a solid franchise.
Max 1 and Max 2 are similar to the first two Godfather movies... forever argued which is better.
Yep.

I wasn't a huge fan of Thunderdome. The costumes were a bit outlandish and the plot was very loose.
Which makes it like Godfather 3. :)

I was a huge fan of Tina Turner, though, which cracks my wife up to no end. :lol:

I did like Fury Road, very entertaining with some awesome stage setting.
No expense was spared. A kickass movie.

I've been a huge fan of Charlize Theron, too. An eternal beauty, even with a shaved head.

Last edited:
Yep.

Which makes it like Godfather 3. :)

I was a huge fan of Tina Turner, though, which cracks my wife up to no end. :lol:

No expense was spared. A kickass movie.

I've been a huge fan of Charlize Theron, too. An eternal beauty, even with a shaved head.
Did you see her in "Monster"? If you haven't seen it - I recommend it.
If you wasn't told, you would never know this is her:

qqqqqqq.jpg

Yeah. I have mixed feelings about good looking stars making themselves ugly. It's kind of cruel to ugly people who can't make themselves pretty.
Interesting, never thought of it that way.
I see what you mean, as if there are no ugly actors that could have the role.
Doesn't bother me so much, but I can see how it would bother someone else.

I really liked the visual look of Fury Road, was filmed with mostly practical effects and little CGI.

It was way too focused on Furiosa and not on Max. Now this new one is all Furiosa and looks like a lot of CGI.

A bit much with the girl bosses. No one believes a 100 pound model is going to be beating up a bunch of brutes at any time, much less a post-apocalyptic world.

I really liked the visual look of Fury Road, was filmed with mostly practical effects and little CGI.

It was way too focused on Furiosa and not on Max. Now this new one is all Furiosa and looks like a lot of CGI.

A bit much with the girl bosses. No one believes a 100 pound model is going to be beating up a bunch of brutes at any time, much less a post-apocalyptic world.
Another Mad Max is already in the works, and will bring the focus back on Max in the form of Tom Hardy.

It takes place between the end of Furiosa and the beginning of Fury Road.

The working title is Mad Max: The Wasteland.

Last edited:
Another Mad Max is already in the works, and will bring the focus back on Max in the form of Tom Hardy.

It takes place between the end of Furiosa and the beginning of Fury Road.

The working title is Mad Max: The Wasteland.
My wife and I both like Tom hardy... solid actor.
Except in Venom.. OMG that movie was horrible.

That's exactly it. Anya Taylor-Joy is a fine actress but she probably weighs a buck ten soaking wet. She was not believable kicking ass on guys 2 or 3 times her size. During part of the movie she portrayed a young boy. That was more believable.

Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior is better than the first.

An absolute classic.

I really enjoyed how the whole thing rolled out human behavior in whatever the condition.

People want to survive.

Others want to dominate.

An absolute classic.

I really enjoyed how the whole thing rolled out human behavior in whatever the condition.

People want to survive.

Others want to dominate.
I thought the dialog with the tribal kids was incredibly well done.

The myths they had created about the before time and how they interpreted the purposes of the relics they had was really clever.

And of course, Max lets them down gently about their mistaken beliefs.

Not. :lol:

I thought the dialog with the tribal kids was incredibly well done.

The myths they had created about the before time and how they interpreted the purposes of the relics they had was really clever.

And of course, Max lets them down gently about their mistaken beliefs.

Not. :lol:

You are talking Thunderdome. And I agree. "Tells the tale" I think is what they say.

I was talking Mad Max. The whole Lord Humungus gonna break in and steal your juice (after we kill everyone).

"Just walk away".

I was not familiar with Gustav Holst's work "The Planets" up until a couple of years ago.

The first one I listened to was "Mars - the bringer of war" and it sounded a lot like the soundtrack for the end chase.

They don't give it credit, but I've read where they sound an awful lot alike.

Forum List

Back