M1 Abrams Tanks in U.S. Inventory Have Armor Too Secret to Send to Ukraine

Not really the point is it? It is SOP for our forces to destroy sensitive equipment that has been rendered inoperable in a hostile zone. We just don't give that crap away.
Oh, now you are going to change to the expense? Don't worry your pretty little head about it. It's worth it to keep Ukraine free of Russian control.

Won't be WW3.....Except that this is how Korea and Vietnam both started......Send in the "advisors" and military gear first, then escalate until therre's "no choice" but to send in troops.... But in those cases Murica was neither directly attacking Russia nor China, like is happening in Ukraine.....There was certainly no possible threat of going nuclear.

You Wilsonian interventionist warmongers are easily the most stoopit fuckers around.
Run for office. We, as well as NATO and other countries are backing Ukraine's fight to resist and defeat the Russian invasion of their territory and to remain independent of Russia, as is their choice. Russia can simply go home to Russia instead of pushing their invasion, anytime they want and should, immediately.

Run for office. We, as well as NATO and other countries are backing Ukraine's fight to resist and defeat the Russian invasion of their territory and to remain independent of Russia, as is their choice. Russia can simply go home to Russia instead of pushing their invasion, anytime they want and should, immediately.
UkraineFlag.jpg

NATO is pretending they are really stepping up for Zelensky.
U.S. is sending 31 Abrams tanks
Germany sending 12 Leopard tanks
UK sending 12 Challenger tanks

So a total of 55 main battle tanks to Ukraine.
Russians will make scrape of them within a few weeks.
Hardly a game changer. ... :cuckoo:
I figure they will scrap themselves due to poor maintenance in field conditions. Maybe they can make bunkers of them if they have something big enough to tow them with.

I figure they will scrap themselves due to poor maintenance in field conditions. Maybe they can make bunkers of them if they have something big enough to tow them with.
You may have something there. It might have been better for Ukraine on operational training, maintenance training and parts trains, if we gave Germany a tank battalion quantity of M-1s (about 52) and Germany gave Ukraine a battalion quantity of Leopard 2s. It would definitely improve the logistics and training involved and cut down delivery and operational status time of the whole package. Naturally, I like the M-1 better, but no denying the Leopard 2 is a good tank.

Maybe, but I trust information from Ukraine, about as much as I do from Russia.
The way the poorly trained Russians moved in there, I wouldn't be entirely surprise at those losses, but absolute truth is the first casualty of battle and warfare.

Not against the overmatched jalopies they faced off against in Iraq and Afghanistan.....There was certainly nothing overhead with the sophistication and striking power of the SU-25, which will doubtlessly be deployed to counter them.

But you go ahead and laugh at WW3, jackass.
The SU-25 is only good at killing goatherders in Syria. It's far less capable than the A-10 and the A-10 is far more survivable as well.

You may have something there. It might have been better for Ukraine on operational training, maintenance training and parts trains, if we gave Germany a tank battalion quantity of M-1s (about 52) and Germany gave Ukraine a battalion quantity of Leopard 2s. It would definitely improve the logistics and training involved and cut down delivery and operational status time of the whole package. Naturally, I like the M-1 better, but no denying the Leopard 2 is a good tank.

I doubt the Squareheads have that many that are battle worthy.

You think the Armor on the M-1 Tank is too classified to be used in overseas combat?:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

You're desire to be a contrarian is finally overtaken any semblance of common sense now.

You know full well there is a difference between using it overseas, and handing them to a foriegn nation for them to have for themselves.

I doubt the Squareheads have that many that are battle worthy.
They have built thousands, but many sold after the Cold War supposedly ended. They may be down to less than 300. We supposedly have over 2500 M-1s, but NATO has to support, so needs skin in the game.

You're desire to be a contrarian is finally overtaken any semblance of common sense now.

You know full well there is a difference between using it overseas, and handing them to a foriegn nation for them to have for themselves.
I understand, but more interested in Ukraine winning it's fight to remain free of Russian control and occupation.

Forum List

Back