Luttig puts an end to Pence's fantasy

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
Smith is wisely getting out in front of Pence's appeal.

Special counsel investigating Trump asks federal judge to compel Mike Pence to give Jan. 6 testimony

WASHINGTON — Special counsel Jack Smith has asked a federal judge to compel former Vice President Mike Pence to testify before a federal grand jury about the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, a senior law enforcement official confirmed to NBC News on Friday.

The motion was filed before U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell in Washington and remains sealed. It was first reported by CBS News. The judge will likely set dates for motions to be filed and possibly to hear oral arguments.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...-asks-federal-judge-compel-pence-te-rcna72252

In Luttig"s legal opinion Pence's ploy to stay in the good graces of Trumpworld is rubbish.

Mike Pence’s Dangerous Ploy

Former Vice President Mike Pence recently announced he would challenge Special Counsel Jack Smith’s subpoena for him to appear before a grand jury in Washington as part of the investigation into former President Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election and the related Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. Mr. Pence claimed that “the Biden D.O.J. subpoena” was “unconstitutional” and “unprecedented.” He added, “For me, this is a moment where you have to decide where you stand, and I stand on the Constitution of the United States.” Mr. Pence vowed to take his fight all the way to the Supreme Court.

A politician should be careful what he wishes for — no more so than when he’s a possible presidential candidate who would have the Supreme Court decide a constitutional case that could undermine his viability in an upcoming campaign.

The former vice president should not want the embarrassing spectacle of the Supreme Court compelling him to appear before a grand jury in Washington just when he’s starting his campaign for the presidency; recall the unanimous Supreme Court ruling that ordered Richard Nixon to turn over the fatally damning Oval Office tapes.

Opinion | Mike Pence’s Dangerous Ploy

Luttig's bravery has been a pleasure to watch. He was a conservative icon in the law profession, and now he no doubt has to look over his shoulder.

As with many conservatives, he's absolutely horrified over what has become of his party.
He will no doubt be trolled by the Trumpists. But I'm sure he knows that and decided speaking out about adhering to constitutional principles was much more important.

Luttig's bravery has been a pleasure to watch. He was a conservative icon in the law profession, and now he no doubt has to look over his shoulder.

As with many conservatives, he's absolutely horrified over what has become of his party.

What "bravery" is Mr. Luttig showing? His actions are just ingratiating him to the media and the left.

And as far as fighting the little Trumpsters, how does attempting to take out an alternative like Vice President Pence advance that cause.

In retrospect, as decent a man as Mueller is, the country would have been better served with someone like Smith leading the Russia investigation. Someone not bound by the institutional instincts of Mueller to follow protocol. Someone who, for example, would not have let Donnie J refuse to testify, would not have let Trump refuse to testify in person or at all on matters of obstruction. Someone who would have considered the letter of the law, not politics, when it came to prosecuting Donnie J for colluding with Russian operatives over obtaining dirt on Hillary offered by the Russian government.

What "bravery" is Mr. Luttig showing? His actions are just ingratiating him to the media and the left.

And as far as fighting the little Trumpsters, how does attempting to take out an alternative like Vice President Pence advance that cause.
Take him out? Luttig is simply stating Pence has no constitutional standing in refusing to testify. A refusal based on his fear of alienating the base of the POT. He's not trying to take Pence out. He's saying Pence will take himself out if he pursues this course of action.

Take him out? Luttig is simply stating Pence has no constitutional standing in refusing to testify. A refusal based on his fear of alienating the base of the POT. He's not trying to take Pence out. He's saying Pence will take himself out if he pursues this course of action.

Actually, everyone has constitutional standing in refusing to testify.

Its called the Fifth Fucking Amendment.

If Pence can flip off the justice system, IMO the rest of the country can also.

Smith is wisely getting out in front of Pence's appeal.

Special counsel investigating Trump asks federal judge to compel Mike Pence to give Jan. 6 testimony

WASHINGTON — Special counsel Jack Smith has asked a federal judge to compel former Vice President Mike Pence to testify before a federal grand jury about the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, a senior law enforcement official confirmed to NBC News on Friday.

The motion was filed before U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell in Washington and remains sealed. It was first reported by CBS News. The judge will likely set dates for motions to be filed and possibly to hear oral arguments.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...-asks-federal-judge-compel-pence-te-rcna72252

In Luttig"s legal opinion Pence's ploy to stay in the good graces of Trumpworld is rubbish.

Mike Pence’s Dangerous Ploy

Former Vice President Mike Pence recently announced he would challenge Special Counsel Jack Smith’s subpoena for him to appear before a grand jury in Washington as part of the investigation into former President Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election and the related Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. Mr. Pence claimed that “the Biden D.O.J. subpoena” was “unconstitutional” and “unprecedented.” He added, “For me, this is a moment where you have to decide where you stand, and I stand on the Constitution of the United States.” Mr. Pence vowed to take his fight all the way to the Supreme Court.

A politician should be careful what he wishes for — no more so than when he’s a possible presidential candidate who would have the Supreme Court decide a constitutional case that could undermine his viability in an upcoming campaign.

The former vice president should not want the embarrassing spectacle of the Supreme Court compelling him to appear before a grand jury in Washington just when he’s starting his campaign for the presidency; recall the unanimous Supreme Court ruling that ordered Richard Nixon to turn over the fatally damning Oval Office tapes.

Opinion | Mike Pence’s Dangerous Ploy
Pence is wrong, of course.

There’s nothing ‘un-Constitutional’ about being lawfully compelled to appear before a grand jury investigating Trump’s treasonous coup attempt and instigation of a rightwing terrorist attack on America's democracy.

Actually, everyone has constitutional standing in refusing to testify.

Its called the Fifth Fucking Amendment.
But that is not the protection Pence is claiming.

Injecting campaign-style politics into the criminal investigatory process with his rhetorical characterization of Mr. Smith’s subpoena as a “Biden D.O.J. subpoena,” Mr. Pence is trying to score points with voters who want to see President Biden unseated in 2024. Well enough. That’s what politicians do. But Jack Smith’s subpoena was neither politically motivated nor designed to strengthen President Biden’s political hand in 2024. Thus the jarring dissonance between the subpoena and Mr. Pence’s characterization of it. It is Mr. Pence who has chosen to politicize the subpoena, not the D.O.J.

Riddle me this, libs.

The Biden Regime has incarcerated hundreds of alleged "insurrectionists" and kept them in deplorable conditions for years, often without bail, in solitary or subjected to Gay Rape by LGBTQ+ activists on the yard.

Yet, to date, they haven't got a since person to say anything incriminating against the Trumpster who is still living his best life at Mar-a-Lago in spite of the billions of taxpayer dollars spent on 1/6.

What could possibly change by bringing Vice President Pence before a grand jury to plead the fifth?

The Biden Regime has incarcerated hundreds of alleged "insurrectionists" and kept them in deplorable conditions for years, often without bail, in solitary or subjected to Gay Rape by LGBTQ+ activists on the yard.
Please do me the favor of re-phrasing your question so it isn't based on that pile of steaming horseshit.

Look, a squirrel!!
They can put anything into that DC Kabuki script & you brain dead minions will stay distracted for ever.

Other than showing them the pants he soiled, what do ya'll believe can Pence provide that hasn't been said &/or debunked?
You can get the same thing from every progbot on this board

Shitty Lawyer BackAgain will be here shortly to tell us that he, as an ambulance chaser, knows more about the Constitution than J. Michael Luttig, whom Raphael Cruz called the top conservative legal mind in the country, his pick over John Roberts for SCOTUS, and "like a father to me".
4i6Ckte.gif

Look, a squirrel!!
They can put anything into that DC Kabuki script & you brain dead minions will stay distracted for ever.

Other than showing them the pants he soiled, what do ya'll believe can Pence provide that hasn't been said &/or debunked?
You can get the same thing from every progbot on this board
He had conversations with Trump only he and Trump know the details of. What Smith is doing is standard practice for any competent prosecutor. He's gathering all the info available. Bottom line, Pence has no legal justification for refusing to testify. This is a political, not principled, move on his part.

He had conversations with Trump only he and Trump know the details of. What Smith is doing is standard practice for any competent prosecutor. He's gathering all the info available. Bottom line, Pence has no legal justification for refusing to testify. This is a political, not principled, move on his part.

How do you know that he had any private conversations with the Trumpster that are relevant? Just because he "thinks" so because that is what his liberal leaders say isn't evidence.

Smells like a fishing expedition.

Shitty Lawyer BackAgain will be here shortly to tell us that he, as an ambulance chaser, knows more about the Constitution than J. Michael Luttig, whom Raphael Cruz called the top conservative legal mind in the country, his pick over John Roberts for SCOTUS, and "like a father to me".
4i6Ckte.gif

Ass sucking liar, Syndi, is wrong again.

I didn’t do civil cases. Syndi’s guesswork (falsely couched as factual claims) proves that he lies instead of bothering to know what he spews shit about — constantly.

I respect Luttig — as I already noted. But what scumbag libtards such as Syndi can’t seem to grasp is that I’m not obligated to agree with Luttig on every point.

Syndi is too wedded to rigid doctrinaire liberal “thinking” to recognize that even SCOTUS Justices with actual legal credentials can be wrong. The same is true of all judges and lawyers.

By contrast, Syndi is almost always wrong!

😎

Forum List

Back