Low information voters

Low information voter is just another 3 word meme that ignorant people use when trying to make a point.
August 17, 2015

RUSH: Well, we learn... (interruption) We learn... I used the term "low-information voter." Arthur Brooks... (interruption) No, don't misunderstand. I'm not getting on anybody for copying that. I'm not that petty. Low-information voters out there... (interruption) Yes, it's my concoction.

Last edited:
No, it was DittoTards pretending to be her supporters as part of Operation Chaos

Not according to Factcheck

Was Hillary Clinton the Original ‘Birther’?
The Right-wing "factcheck" is wrong.
Birferism was started by the freepers. Anyone who claims otherwise is a liar.

Where's YOUR link proving them wrong?
Already posted it.

Then link to that, I missed it.
Barackryphal: The Secret Origin of the Birthers

Virtually all of Birtherism owes its existence to the rumor that Barack Obama’s mother, Ann Dunham, did not give birth to him in Hawaii. As the rumor goes, she instead had traveled to Kenya for unspecified reasons, and had given birth to her son there, before returning to Honolulu and falsely claiming that she gave birth in Hawaii. This is the rumor that eventually caused the Birther conspiracy theory to tip as an epidemic, that drove the resultant demands for the release of Obama’s birth certificate, that inspired the immediate skepticism of the birth certificate following its release, and ultimately led to the neverending supply of alternative legal theories as to why Obama ought to be deemed Constitutionally ineligible for the Presidency. Perhaps one or more of these events would have transpired anyway in the absence of the Kenyan birth rumor, but as it happened, the rumor was the root cause of them all.

And that rumor first appeared in the early hours of Saturday, March 1, 2008, on the conservative web forum, FreeRepublic.com. In a thread entitled “FR CONTEST: Pin the Middle Name on the Obama,” where posters were offering various 'funny' middle names for Barack Obama in lieu of “Hussein,” a poster named “FARS” posted this non-sequitur:

I was told today that Obama swore in on a Koran for his Senate seat. I do not believe he did. Can someone clarify this for me? I am under the impression only a Congressman has so far sworn in on a Koran.

Also that Obama’s mother gave birth to him overseas and then immediately flew into Hawaii and registered his birth as having taken place in Hawaii.

Again, any clarifications on this? Defintely disqualifies him for Prez. There must be some trace of an airticket. While small babies are not charged air fare they do have a ticket issued for them.

Long time ago but there may be some residual information somewhere. Good ammo (if available and true) BEST USED AFTER he becomes PREZ (if that occurs) and it’s too late for Dems - except accept the VP.
Most of the essential elements of the rumor are here, from the immediate flight to Hawaii for registration to the eligibility concerns. All that is lacking is a specific reference to Kenya, which we’ll see was remedied shortly thereafter. He acknowledges that Obama’s public biography states that he was born in Honolulu, and he alleges that the public biography is false. He actively endorses the idea of Obama’s family covering up a birth in Kenya, and as such, is proposing a conspiracy theory.

Importantly, despite being the first person, anywhere, to report this rumor, he cites no source for it. No news report, or broadcast program, or website. Only “I was told today.” The fact that it appears alongside the oft-repeated and equally oft-debunked false rumor that Obama took his oath of office on a Koran illustrates the level of FARS’ willingness to factcheck rumors before repeating them.

Yeah, it wasn't Hillary...

it was her backers, her staff, etc..

'Hillary' had NOTHING to do with it...

(psst, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn, I'll let it go cheap)
No, it was DittoTards pretending to be her supporters as part of Operation Chaos

Not according to Factcheck

Was Hillary Clinton the Original ‘Birther’?
Did you bother to read your link? They admit their first fact check was wrong and now claim there is no evidence that the claim of Clinton's involvement it true. They also mention that they have requested any data from the Cruz and Trump campaigns to provide back up or any kind of evidence to their recent claims and received no response.
It always helps to read your links before you post them.

Low information voter is just another 3 word meme that ignorant people use when trying to make a point.
August 17, 2015

RUSH: Well, we learn... (interruption) We learn... I used the term "low-information voter." Arthur Brooks... (interruption) No, don't misunderstand. I'm not getting on anybody for copying that. I'm not that petty. Low-information voters out there... (interruption) Yes, it's my concoction.

A sheep that hates rush always listen to him?

Why? Have not listen to him since around 1998?

August 17, 2015

I think Rush actually coined that phrase.

I still hate 3 word memes.

August 17, 2015

I can count on one hand how many times I've listened to him in the last 10 years. And mostly that was while channel surfing. the Edith isn't just a sheep, he's obsessed with Limbaugh. almost to the point of being scary

your leaders ADMIT they relied on low-information losers like you when they crafted obamacare

American pollster and political scientist Samuel Popkin coined the term "low-information" in 1991 when he used the phrase "low-information signaling" in his book The Reasoning Voter: Communication and Persuasion in Presidential Campaigns to describe low educated voters of the right wing

all the more embarrassing now that it has been repeatedly shown it is left-wingers who are low information huh?

wow that was easy!!

your leaders ADMIT they relied on low-information losers like you when they crafted obamacare

American pollster and political scientist Samuel Popkin coined the term "low-information" in 1991 when he used the phrase "low-information signaling" in his book The Reasoning Voter: Communication and Persuasion in Presidential Campaigns to describe low educated voters of the right wing
Actually it is 20 years older than that, But MessiahRushie, as usual, is trying to take credit for coining the term.

August 19, 2015
RUSH: But the inside-the-Beltway Republican establishment has co-opted the term "low-information voter," invented and created by me, ahem, by the way

A “low information voter” (LIV) is someone who doesn’t follow politics closely, but votes on a candidate’s perceived likability and public persona. The term “low information voter” was first used inImplications of Changes in Information Processing and Communications Technology for the Governing Function (1971) by Ronald D. Brunner and John P. Crecine.

Google Books

Implications of Changes in Information Processing and Communications Technology for the Governing Function

By Ronald D. Brunner and John P. Crecine

Ann Arbor, MI: Institute of Public Policy Studies, the University of Michigan

Pg. 27:

Partisan swings from congressional election to congressional election are far less than from Presidential election to Presidential election because they are less salient and the low- information voter seldom participates.

Pg. 28:

The trend in information and communication technology, by providing for far greater accessibility to political information on TV and radio at a more superficial level (spoken media vs. written) would, in the short run, seem to provide some information to an increasing number of “low- information” voters, thus creating greater oscillation in voting outcomes. In the long run, the greater availability of political information may transform a large number of “low- information” voters to voters who have more developed and, hence, stable attitudes.

Last edited:

Actually it is older than that, But MessiahRushie, as usual, is trying to take credit for coining the term.

August 19, 2015
RUSH: But the inside-the-Beltway Republican establishment has co-opted the term "low-information voter," invented and created by me, ahem, by the way

A “low information voter” (LIV) is someone who doesn’t follow politics closely, but votes on a candidate’s perceived likability and public persona. The term “low information voter” was first used inImplications of Changes in Information Processing and Communications Technology for the Governing Function (1971) by Ronald D. Brunner and John P. Crecine.

Google Books

Implications of Changes in Information Processing and Communications Technology for the Governing Function

Pg. 27:

Partisan swings from congressional election to congressional election are far less than from Presidential election to Presidential election because they are less salient and the low- information voter seldom participates.

Pg. 28:

The trend in information and communication technology, by providing for far greater accessibility to political information on TV and radio at a more superficial level (spoken media vs. written) would, in the short run, seem to provide some information to an increasing number of “low- information” voters, thus creating greater oscillation in voting outcomes. In the long run, the greater availability of political information may transform a large number of “low- information” voters to voters who have more developed and, hence, stable attitudes.

where have you been all morning leftard where it was made clear people like you are the real low information types?

August 17, 2015

The pathological liar claims he coined it, but he has never had an original thought in his entire life but simply takes credit for other peoples' ideas. A perfect example is his plagiarized "Limbaugh Theorem" that he stole from Noah Rothman.

Already posted it.

Virtually all of Birtherism owes its existence to the rumor that Barack Obama’s mother, Ann Dunham, did not give birth to him in Hawaii. As the rumor goes, she instead had traveled to Kenya for unspecified reasons, and had given birth to her son there, before returning to Honolulu and falsely claiming that she gave birth in Hawaii. This is the rumor that eventually caused the Birther conspiracy theory to tip as an epidemic, that drove the resultant demands for the release of Obama’s birth certificate, that inspired the immediate skepticism of the birth certificate following its release, and ultimately led to the neverending supply of alternative legal theories as to why Obama ought to be deemed Constitutionally ineligible for the Presidency. Perhaps one or more of these events would have transpired anyway in the absence of the Kenyan birth rumor, but as it happened, the rumor was the root cause of them all.

And that rumor first appeared in the early hours of Saturday, March 1, 2008, on the conservative web forum, FreeRepublic.com. In a thread entitled “FR CONTEST: Pin the Middle Name on the Obama,” where posters were offering various 'funny' middle names for Barack Obama in lieu of “Hussein,” a poster named “FARS” posted this non-sequitur:

I was told today that Obama swore in on a Koran for his Senate seat. I do not believe he did. Can someone clarify this for me? I am under the impression only a Congressman has so far sworn in on a Koran.

Also that Obama’s mother gave birth to him overseas and then immediately flew into Hawaii and registered his birth as having taken place in Hawaii.

Again, any clarifications on this? Defintely disqualifies him for Prez. There must be some trace of an airticket. While small babies are not charged air fare they do have a ticket issued for them.

Long time ago but there may be some residual information somewhere. Good ammo (if available and true) BEST USED AFTER he becomes PREZ (if that occurs) and it’s too late for Dems - except accept the VP.
Most of the essential elements of the rumor are here, from the immediate flight to Hawaii for registration to the eligibility concerns. All that is lacking is a specific reference to Kenya, which we’ll see was remedied shortly thereafter. He acknowledges that Obama’s public biography states that he was born in Honolulu, and he alleges that the public biography is false. He actively endorses the idea of Obama’s family covering up a birth in Kenya, and as such, is proposing a conspiracy theory.

Importantly, despite being the first person, anywhere, to report this rumor, he cites no source for it. No news report, or broadcast program, or website. Only “I was told today.” The fact that it appears alongside the oft-repeated and equally oft-debunked false rumor that Obama took his oath of office on a Koran illustrates the level of FARS’ willingness to factcheck rumors before repeating them.

Barackryphal?

and you expect ANYONE to believe that over Factcheck?

August 17, 2015

The pathological liar claims he coined it, but he has never had an original thought in his entire life but simply takes credit for other peoples' ideas. A perfect example is his plagiarized "Limbaugh Theorem" that he stole from Noah Rothman.
Most ideas are stolen.

birthers are those low information voters who continue to push the issue to this day...

Neither Cruz nor Trump presented any evidence that Clinton or anyone on her campaign ever questioned Obama’s birthplace, demanded to see his birth certificate, or otherwise suggested that Obama was not a “natural born citizen” eligible to serve as president.

For those unfamiliar with the controversy over Obama’s birthplace, it refers to those who contend that Obama was born in Kenya and ineligible to be president.

At FactCheck.org, we have written about the issue of Obama’s birthplace on multiple occasions — indeed we were the first media organization to hold his birth certificate in our hot little hands and vouch for the authenticity of it. But facts have done little to squelch the conspiracy theories that continue to bounce around online.

Actually it is older than that, But MessiahRushie, as usual, is trying to take credit for coining the term.

August 19, 2015

Google Books

Pg. 27:

Pg. 28:

and of course the ULTIMATE IN LOW INFORMATION: a left-wing loser mindlessly repeating the one spoon-fed talking point he copied and pasted

pathetic ;)

"OMG The Republicans are so stupid! They're so stupid! Do you see how stupid they are? OMG! SOOOOO STUPID! They're stupid! Hahahah! They're stupid!

That's all I got! I cant think of anything else!"

Already posted it.

Barackryphal?

and you expect ANYONE to believe that over Factcheck?

Absolutely! It links directly to the freerepublic site where the claim first appeared, which is dated BEFORE the date the Right claims some "anonymous" Clinton supporters, AKA, Op Chaos DittoTards first posted. You, as a Low Info Voter were probably to lazy to click on the link.

FR CONTEST: "Pin the Middle Name on the Obama"

Forum List

Back