Low Blow to Trucker Caravan

I did not demean the truckers. I said that it was rather funny what the counter protesters did and I have no problems whatsoever with them doing it. I do not like protesters blocking roads in a general sense but these guys have done so with bouncy castles, cookouts and no violence. More power to them, if you can protest without those I really have no problem with your actions. They are effectively using the assets they have.

Okay. So there is no issue. Yet there seems to be.

Now I am confused.

They are effectively using the assets they have.

And so are the counter protesters. If they had slashed a tire I would have a problem (after I was done laughing my ass off over how that would have turned out). If they had thrown a brick or punched someone, they would be wrong.
Hm.

But when you are engaging in tactics to sabotage the ability of others to protest, is that free speech? In my book, it is not. It is not free speech to organize methods to undermine or disrupt others' ability to organize their own forms of free expression. Not by a long shot. It stopped being speech the moment the action was carried out.

And yes, you could argue, *could*, that what these truckers are doing is not free speech. But the standard picket line in front of parliament wasn't cutting it anymore. When the government refuses to hear your words, only actions are left.

Last edited:
The source is Raw Story, so it's probably complete bullshit. If there's any truth at all that forms the basis of the story, then what probably really happened is that three or four faggots posted some of their own content, and boasted of disrupting the truckers' communication, and that the truckers, in fact, probably didn't even notice.

Raw Sewage is NEVER credible.

Fascist bitches be fascist.
dzjnjpzdrvh81.png

They cleared the Ambassador Bridge. The Coutts blockade is leaving tomorrow.

They tried to work with the RCMP, with Trudeau, but the RCMP sabotaged their equipment and Trudeau fled to his bunker and set outrageous conditions for meeting them. They were left with no other recourse. It took the invocation of the Emergencies Act to get them moved. And when they do move, the movement is over and their concerns will go largely ignored until Trudeau is kicked out of his office.
That has nothing to do with the communication disruption and everything to do with enacting emergency powers and the jackboots showing up.

That is immaterial to my point.

Hm.

But when you are engaging in tactics to sabotage the ability of others to protest, is that free speech? In my book, it is not. It is not free speech to organize methods to undermine or disrupt others' ability to organize their own forms of free expression. Not by a long shot. It stopped being speech the moment the action was carried out.
Then engaging in tactics that prevent people from traveling down a road is not free speech then.

You get what I am getting at right? They are both engaged in a disruptive activity. Either disruptive activities can be construed as an act of free speech or they cannot but if you allow one I do not see a consistent manner in which you can not allow the other.
And yes, you could argue, *could*, that what these truckers are doing is not free speech. But the standard picket line in front of parliament wasn't cutting it anymore. When the government refuses to hear your words, only actions are left.
And that is why I don't construe the truckers actions as anything other than an act of speech. I just cannot justify the counter action as not the same thing if I apply the same logic.

You are the one that claimed the left would be complaining, just like you, about something like this. That was your claim.

And I then asked when recently has the right tried to prevent any lefty group from organizing a protest, much less try to stop it.

Protest, not violence.

Forum List

Back