Low Blow to Trucker Caravan

And the hits keep on coming:

"Geraldo Rivera said Wednesday that conservative media had a hand in inciting the Canadian trucker protests that have shut down major trade routes, condemning the disruptive demonstrations. Speaking on Fox News’ The Five, Rivera said, “It is conservative media that has gone from support to incitement. These truckers are violating the rights of others in Canada.” Host Greg Gutfeld responded incredulously, “Are you saying we’re inciting it?!” Rivera pointed to polls conducted by Ipsos and others show widespread opposition to the truckers’ rallies. Gutfeld revisited Rivera’s comments, saying he was “okay” with the indictment of incitement because “we’ve always been on the right side.” Rivera retorted, “The ‘Right’ side but not the right side.”

Personally, being that I am middling comfortable with numbers-wonkery ......I'm gonna side with the weight of numbers: Meaning, millions of people's 'freedoms' outweigh the 'freedoms' of a handful.

Interesting, so we have the 14th Amendment here in the US for that. It ensures everyone equal freedoms and protections under the law. It says nothing about the freedom of the majority or the minority.

Your math fails in the face of that.

I am pretty sure that's one of the purposes of tear gas as well.

You don't really think before you post, do ya?

Tear gas is to disperse people after the protest has devolved into a riot, or at least what it's supposed to be used for.

You probably don't think at all, which is why you are a prog.

Interesting, so we have the 14th Amendment here in the US for that.
Your math fails in the face of that.

Oh, my math has failed in any number of endeavors over the years. Although,.....it must be noted, it has succeeded quite a bit also. So there is that.

But one thing my arithmetic skills have not been able to bridge is applying the United States Constitution to ........well, to Canada.

So, a hat-tip to good poster Kormac, who rather adroitly inserts the US Constitution smack-dab-in-the-middle of Ottawa, Ontario.

Note to Parliment: See poster Kormac, he has the 'Best Practices' handbook for globalist governance.

Oh, my math has failed in any number of endeavors over the years. Although,.....it must be noted, it has succeeded quite a bit also. So there is that.

But one thing my arithmetic skills have not been able to bridge is applying the United States Constitution to ........well, to Canada.

So, a hat-tip to good poster Kormac, who rather adroitly inserts the US Constitution smack-dab-in-the-middle of Ottawa, Ontario.

Note to Parliment: See poster Kormac, he has the 'Best Practices' handbook for globalist governance.
Presuming you are an American citizen, I would think you would see those protests in an American light.

So, the bigger point is that the freedoms of everyone matter, not just the majority you side with.

I gather you are a leftist from the points you're making, so it would be like you to advocate for trampling the freedoms of a minority of people just to get your way.

Hat tip to Chillicothe, who prefers fascistic practices over reaching across the aisle.

Here is the location of Stalin's grave, you may wish to pay tribute:

Furthermore, it occurs to me you deliberately missed the point of my post so you could hurl ad hominem.

Typical leftist.

I gather you are a leftist from the points you're making, so it would be like you to advocate for trampling the freedoms of a minority of people just to get your way.
A sad misread, by the good poster Kormac.
I ain't a lefty. Nor am I a righty-tightie.
Rather, I am a skeptical optimist.
Niether the right wants me (too liberal), nor the left wants me (too conservative).

BTW, speaking of 'trampling rights'.

Here is what real responsible non-fringie drivers are saying about thsoe who have been doing the trampling and trashing of professional truck driver's repuations....and negating the freedom of millions.
The view of the leadership of Canada's professional driver cadre:

"......many of Canada’s truck drivers were scrambling to distance themselves from the movement, which they view as radical and fringe.

In their view, the protesters’ actions — including shutting down cross-border trade and laying siege to the capital — have hurt rather than helped drivers in the industry, and failed to advance the labor issues most truckers care about. They point out that only a small percentage of Canadian truckers have joined the demonstrations, and the vast majority of drivers are already vaccinated, according to trucking associations and Canadian authorities.

The protests have caused long delays at the border and forced drivers to take lengthy detours. Such disruptions are “not received well” by truckers who are not participating in the convoy........”

“These illegal blockades have had a detrimental impact on our members and customers’ businesses. These have also had a very significant negative impact upon our professional driving community,” the president of the Canadian Trucking Alliance, Stephen Laskowski, said in a statement Monday.
--------------------------------------

THAT, good poster Karmac, is not an insignifcant perspective. I support professionalism and responsibility. NOT.....showboating crybabies.

Lock 'em up.
Impound their trucks.
Make 'em pay to get out of jail.
Make 'em pay to get their trucks back.

Eazy Breezy.

A sad misread, by the good poster Kormac.
I ain't a lefty. Nor am I a righty-tightie.
Rather, I am a skeptical optimist.
Niether the right wants me (too liberal), nor the left wants me (too conservative).

BTW, speaking of 'trampling rights'.

Here is what real responsible non-fringie drivers are saying about thsoe who have been doing the trampling and trashing of professional truck driver's repuations....and negating the freedom of millions.

The view of the leadership of Canada's professional driver cadre:

"......many of Canada’s truck drivers were scrambling to distance themselves from the movement, which they view as radical and fringe.

In their view, the protesters’ actions — including shutting down cross-border trade and laying siege to the capital — have hurt rather than helped drivers in the industry, and failed to advance the labor issues most truckers care about. They point out that only a small percentage of Canadian truckers have joined the demonstrations, and the vast majority of drivers are already vaccinated, according to trucking associations and Canadian authorities.

The protests have caused long delays at the border and forced drivers to take lengthy detours. Such disruptions are “not received well” by truckers who are not participating in the convoy........”

“These illegal blockades have had a detrimental impact on our members and customers’ businesses. These have also had a very significant negative impact upon our professional driving community,” the president of the Canadian Trucking Alliance, Stephen Laskowski, said in a statement Monday.
--------------------------------------

THAT, good poster Karmac, is not an insignifcant perspective. I support professionalism and responsibility. NOT.....showboating crybabies.

Lock 'em up.
Impound their trucks.
Make 'em pay to get out of jail.
Make 'em pay to get their trucks back.

Eazy Breezy.
The protesting truckers were a small radical fringe element that had no real agenda that could be pinned down.

They're gone and forgotten, as well as their trucks that were used to terrorize the people of Ottawa.

Forum List

Back