"Love-Gate"

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Now that unsuccessful 2008 GOP presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani has said that President Obama doesn't love America, Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) has helped to clarify the situation:

Dem Rep Giuliani Thinks Obama Loves America 3 5 As Much As He Does

"Rep. Stephen Cohen (D-TN), who represents a majority-black district, tweeted that perhaps the former mayor thinks Obama loves America "3/5 as much as Giuliani & his pals."

stevecohen over giuliani.jpg

Cohen was referring to the three-fifths compromise reached at the 1787 Constitutional Convention, which allowed states to count each slave as three-fifths of a person toward determining its population and thus its representation in Congress. The rule was effectively repealed by the Fourteenth Amendment."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, this accuses Giuliani of racism, or maybe not. I dunno. But it sure is stupid of Giuliani to think he can jump into Obama's heart and mind and decide whether or not the President loves our country.

BTW, TPM also has a pretty good overview of this Love-Gate derpology:

5 Points On How Obama s Love For America Became The GOP s Next 2016 Test

:D

Is that the same Cohen who called the Tea Party racist nazis and wants to build a moat around the White House?

This guy is a disgrace to the name Cohen....

I think his comments were unnecessarily divisive. I also think the comment he was responding to was unnecessarily divisive.

All part of our problem. Folks are too busy fanning the flames in order to pander. I'd like to see them spend 1/2 as much time on governing.

Now that unsuccessful 2008 GOP presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani has said that President Obama doesn't love America, Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) has helped to clarify the situation:

Dem Rep Giuliani Thinks Obama Loves America 3 5 As Much As He Does

"Rep. Stephen Cohen (D-TN), who represents a majority-black district, tweeted that perhaps the former mayor thinks Obama loves America "3/5 as much as Giuliani & his pals."

View attachment 36984

Cohen was referring to the three-fifths compromise reached at the 1787 Constitutional Convention, which allowed states to count each slave as three-fifths of a person toward determining its population and thus its representation in Congress. The rule was effectively repealed by the Fourteenth Amendment."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, this accuses Giuliani of racism, or maybe not. I dunno. But it sure is stupid of Giuliani to think he can jump into Obama's heart and mind and decide whether or not the President loves our country.

BTW, TPM also has a pretty good overview of this Love-Gate derpology:

5 Points On How Obama s Love For America Became The GOP s Next 2016 Test

:D

So those who apposed the three-fifths and wanted each slave counted as one person would have given the South way to much power for representation and they could have not gotten anything done towards anti slavery bills.
it was a good thing that they were counted a 3/5ths not a bad thing.

Forum List

Back