Louisiana's most visited plantation removes sign declaring slaves were 'happy & well taken care of'

Louisiana's most visited plantation removes sign declaring slaves were 'happy & well taken care of'

Why should they remove it except under fear of progressive PC punishment if it was actually true? Are you saying that slaves COULDN'T have been happy and well taken care of just because its frowned upon now? They might have been owned people but you have to look at it under the context of the time it happened in, not some space age, futuristic view centuries in the future! Are you saying that the HUNDREDS of movies made depicting family owned slaves of that day as content and cared for were all factually gross lies? These people were living in a huge mansion, state of the art in its day, making beds, cooking, serving meals, cleaning, working various tasks around the place, caring for horses, children, running errands, learning english, pretty decent clothes to wear, surrounded by drapery and gardens, getting medical attention . . . . what would have been their lives back in Africa?

WHO ARE YOU to decide, centuries after the fact that this was wrong in every case and they weren't happy? How many surviving records from the 19th century have you checked where slaves were actually interviewed and ASKED THEIR OPINIONS?
The photographs of starving naked Africans, in Africa, are much worse then the photographs of clothed and well fed slaves of the antebellum south. Were some beaten? Sure. Did they deserve it? I have no idea. Injuring a slave and reducing its value would not be a practice widely performed. They were an investment.
What in your mind constitutes deserving to be beaten like the person in one of the pictures I posted? And you think putting value on another person so that they can be sold is a reason not to whip them almost to death? Most slaves were sold as families with children, or children alone, or young men and women before the torture started.
With every post, you revel yourself to be even more disgusting when I didn't think that was possible.
I have no idea what crime or crimes necessitated whipping to generate such scarring. Although, the extent of such scars suggest whipping on more than one occasion. This might possibly have been a multiple offense criminal. Today he might have been executed or killed in a drive by.

The financial investment in slaves certainly precluded endangering their lives. After all, no one mistreated horses or livestock. There is no reason to mistreat slaves without reason.

The treatment of slaves 200 years ago has no bearing on the mental desires of the natural slave today. We don't know whether black slaves truly wanted to be guaranteed employment and the level of care given to the owned person. Or, whether they would have preferred the dangers and risks of freedom. We do know that there are many people of various races today that would prefer the security of slavery. We call them democrats.

I see that the usual's have turned this into a liberal bashing site and have gotten off topic. This is about the slaves on the plantations, but some just can't help themselves and have to resort to bashing liberals, who they constantly lie about wanting free stuff, when it's been proven time and time again that it's the red states and the uneducated people in them who benefit from free stuff much more than those in the blue states.
I thought that by posting that video of poverty in Mississippi, they would get it? Nope!

If iat first you don't succeed, blame the Liberals and create a distraction.

Last edited:
Most people would enjoy slavery. They only long for a just and generous master.

Imagine to be provided housing, clothing, medical care, food, a guaranteed job. The evils of competition and the destruction of meritocracy don't exist. The master is the sole provider of the necessities of life.

Is this slavery or liberalism? It's the same thing.
Holy God! I can't even begin to state what is so disgustingly wrong with this! Women were repeatedly raped by their owners. Many women were made to bear children over and over so that they could be sold to other slave owners. Their housing was four walls and maybe some slats to sleep on.

And does this look like someone who should have been happy to be a slave?

81451cfdf4a21cd02f03860199b5e657--mans-this-man.jpg

Slaves_in_chains_grayscale.png

I always thought you were heartless, but this is even worse that I could imagine.

Tipsy is a Russian troll.
Thanks for that info. I was told by someone that she was originally Katzendogs and was a far fringe lunatic.

How is Dragonlady being a Canadian troll any different than a Russian Troll and other than the Canadian Troll's word, what other proof do you have that Tipsy is a Russian Troll?

According to everything I have read Russian trolls came along in 2014, if your friend knew her prior to 2014 then she isn't a Russian Troll and Dragonlady is lying.
I didn't say she was, I was told that in a reply. Ask Dragonlady that.

I have and I have no doubt that if she responds she will accuse me of being a Russian Troll, again with no proof that seems to be the way she rolls.

I don't think Tipsycatlover is a Russian Troll no more than I think you are a Russian Troll and people need give proof if they make such accusations.

Why should they remove it except under fear of progressive PC punishment if it was actually true? Are you saying that slaves COULDN'T have been happy and well taken care of just because its frowned upon now? They might have been owned people but you have to look at it under the context of the time it happened in, not some space age, futuristic view centuries in the future! Are you saying that the HUNDREDS of movies made depicting family owned slaves of that day as content and cared for were all factually gross lies? These people were living in a huge mansion, state of the art in its day, making beds, cooking, serving meals, cleaning, working various tasks around the place, caring for horses, children, running errands, learning english, pretty decent clothes to wear, surrounded by drapery and gardens, getting medical attention . . . . what would have been their lives back in Africa?

WHO ARE YOU to decide, centuries after the fact that this was wrong in every case and they weren't happy? How many surviving records from the 19th century have you checked where slaves were actually interviewed and ASKED THEIR OPINIONS?
The photographs of starving naked Africans, in Africa, are much worse then the photographs of clothed and well fed slaves of the antebellum south. Were some beaten? Sure. Did they deserve it? I have no idea. Injuring a slave and reducing its value would not be a practice widely performed. They were an investment.
The answer to your question is, none of them deserved to be beaten, because none of them should have been there to begin with. I'll ask you again. Who are you who gets to decide dominion over a man or woman?
I have decided nothing for no one. I recognize that the person who wants everything provided to them without cost is a natural slave only wanting a just and generous master.

Holy God! I can't even begin to state what is so disgustingly wrong with this! Women were repeatedly raped by their owners. Many women were made to bear children over and over so that they could be sold to other slave owners. Their housing was four walls and maybe some slats to sleep on.

And does this look like someone who should have been happy to be a slave?

81451cfdf4a21cd02f03860199b5e657--mans-this-man.jpg

Slaves_in_chains_grayscale.png

I always thought you were heartless, but this is even worse that I could imagine.

Thanks for that info. I was told by someone that she was originally Katzendogs and was a far fringe lunatic.

How is Dragonlady being a Canadian troll any different than a Russian Troll and other than the Canadian Troll's word, what other proof do you have that Tipsy is a Russian Troll?

According to everything I have read Russian trolls came along in 2014, if your friend knew her prior to 2014 then she isn't a Russian Troll and Dragonlady is lying.

I have and I have no doubt that if she responds she will accuse me of being a Russian Troll, again with no proof that seems to be the way she rolls.

I don't think Tipsycatlover is a Russian Troll no more than I think you are a Russian Troll and people need give proof if they make such accusations.
Russia Russia RUSSIA!

It's the buzz word of the day. That's why I ignore it.

What in your mind constitutes deserving to be beaten like the person in one of the pictures I posted? And you think putting value on another person so that they can be sold is a reason not to whip them almost to death? Most slaves were sold as families with children, or children alone, or young men and women before the torture started.
With every post, you revel yourself to be even more disgusting when I didn't think that was possible.
I have no idea what crime or crimes necessitated whipping to generate such scarring. Although, the extent of such scars suggest whipping on more than one occasion. This might possibly have been a multiple offense criminal. Today he might have been executed or killed in a drive by.

The financial investment in slaves certainly precluded endangering their lives. After all, no one mistreated horses or livestock. There is no reason to mistreat slaves without reason.

The treatment of slaves 200 years ago has no bearing on the mental desires of the natural slave today. We don't know whether black slaves truly wanted to be guaranteed employment and the level of care given to the owned person. Or, whether they would have preferred the dangers and risks of freedom. We do know that there are many people of various races today that would prefer the security of slavery. We call them democrats.
No matter what a slave did back then, he or she was never a criminal, because that slave never agreed to white man's law to begin with.

I know of no human being in my lifetime who has said they would prefer the recruitment of slavery. That is totally ridiculous.

So. Your complaint against slavery is that the master was cruel and unjust.

You verify the truth of what I said. Slavery is the natural state of the liberal. You only want a just and generous master.
You're a fraud and clearly delusional if you believe that. No liberals want blacks, or anyone else to have a master of any kind. I've never heard any liberal say that slavery is the natural state. If it is, then why aren't you a slave? If it's so wonderful like you describe, then why aren't you signing up to be one?

My friend who told me who you really are is right, you really are a lunatic. He has a long memory and knew you by the screen name you had before. He said you are a far fringe lunatic. Now someone tells me you are a Russian troll. Either way, once again, you are a lunatic, and unhinged and that's why you worship tramp and accept him as your God and Messiah. SICK!
I don't think slavery is wonderful. I don't want to be taken care of. I don't want a government to be my master and give me anything.

If you want to be cared for, given free medical care, food, housing, education, clothing, transportation vouchers, if you want the ordinary cares of living provided to you then you are a natural slave. You just want a master that will be nice to you and not hurt you.

Freedom is a painful experience. You fall. You fail. You might be ruined. You get hurt and patch yourself up. The slave is frightened by freedom. They want a safety net or a hammock.

You don't want to be taken care of but you think the black person should be and be damn grateful for it. that about right? You do realize that back then, women...ALL women were considered property and had to do what the man dictated, don't you? Is that how you want to live? Is it how you live now?

And public education IS free. And as far as the rest, the majority of this country doesn't rely on those, but many in poor Southern states do. And guess what color those states are....RED! Mississippi is at the bottom the the rung for everything in this country and it is a bright red. Alabama is a close second. And they're mostly WHITE.

And public education IS free.

The teachers work for no pay?

The buildings build, repair and clean themselves?

Public educations is NOT free.

someone, somewhere, is paying for it.
It's the Democrats demanding free medical care, free college, free or low cost housing, free child care, free food. A guaranteed income even for those who refuse to work.

The Republican says leave me alone. I'll find a job. I'll make a job. I'll make my own opportunity.

Russia Russia RUSSIA!

It's the buzz word of the day. That's why I ignore it.

I need to ignore it however it is so intellectually dishonest and just a complete asshole move, especially since she is an admitted Canadian Troll. I don't want to live in Canada and don't want to live with their laws.

So. Your complaint against slavery is that the master was cruel and unjust.

You verify the truth of what I said. Slavery is the natural state of the liberal. You only want a just and generous master.
You're a fraud and clearly delusional if you believe that. No liberals want blacks, or anyone else to have a master of any kind. I've never heard any liberal say that slavery is the natural state. If it is, then why aren't you a slave? If it's so wonderful like you describe, then why aren't you signing up to be one?

My friend who told me who you really are is right, you really are a lunatic. He has a long memory and knew you by the screen name you had before. He said you are a far fringe lunatic. Now someone tells me you are a Russian troll. Either way, once again, you are a lunatic, and unhinged and that's why you worship tramp and accept him as your God and Messiah. SICK!
I don't think slavery is wonderful. I don't want to be taken care of. I don't want a government to be my master and give me anything.

If you want to be cared for, given free medical care, food, housing, education, clothing, transportation vouchers, if you want the ordinary cares of living provided to you then you are a natural slave. You just want a master that will be nice to you and not hurt you.

Freedom is a painful experience. You fall. You fail. You might be ruined. You get hurt and patch yourself up. The slave is frightened by freedom. They want a safety net or a hammock.

You don't want to be taken care of but you think the black person should be and be damn grateful for it. that about right? You do realize that back then, women...ALL women were considered property and had to do what the man dictated, don't you? Is that how you want to live? Is it how you live now?

And public education IS free. And as far as the rest, the majority of this country doesn't rely on those, but many in poor Southern states do. And guess what color those states are....RED! Mississippi is at the bottom the the rung for everything in this country and it is a bright red. Alabama is a close second. And they're mostly WHITE.

And public education IS free.

The teachers work for no pay?

The buildings build, repair and clean themselves?

Public educations is NOT free.

someone, somewhere, is paying for it.
It's free for the students. Did you go to public school? Do your children? Do you expect the teachers and staff to work for free? They all work for the school district and the state who pays them. As do the police, fire fighters, road crew, and many more public servants who are there to help the general public. Are you against all of it? If so, lets do away with all of it and make every man fend for himself, so that if his house catches fire, he'd better have a hose ready. Or, if his car is stolen or his wife or daughter is raped, he'd better know how to investigate and find the thief/rapist. And don't worry about the potholes in the road because you can go out and buy asphalt and fill them in yourself. That won't work so good when the bridges start collapsing though, so you'd better get an engineering degree on how to repair the collapsed ones and hope you weren't crossing one when it collapsed. You pay for all of it with your taxes, as do all the rest of us. Try living without them and see how that goes.

I see that the usual's have turned this into a liberal bashing site and have gotten off topic. This is about the slaves on the plantations, but some just can't help themselves and have to resort to bashing liberals, who they constantly lie about wanting free stuff, when it's been proven time and time again that it's the red states and the uneducated people in them who benefit from free stuff much more than those in the blue states.

It seems that the liberals are bashing conservatives as well. You did just that in a post about Mississippi and Alabama. so ypu participate in what you are claiming to be upset with.
Tipsy started it by turning it into a liberal bashing post. All I did was reply to her and point out that the poor red states take way more that their blue neighbors. She got off topic first....as usual.

The answer to your question is, none of them deserved to be beaten, because none of them should have been there to begin with. I'll ask you again. Who are you who gets to decide dominion over a man or woman?
I have decided nothing for no one. I recognize that the person who wants everything provided to them without cost is a natural slave only wanting a just and generous master.
This has absolutely nothing to do with the price of apples. You are playing up to ignorance, arrogrance, superiority, and racism, to weaponize your justifications. And everyone sees that for what it is. It's actually the exact reasons why we recruited slaves to begin with. You need lots of soul searching and education. And growing a heart, won't hurt anything either.

No matter what a slave did back then, he or she was never a criminal, because that slave never agreed to white man's law to begin with.

I know of no human being in my lifetime who has said they would prefer the recruitment of slavery. That is totally ridiculous.

They just want the trappings of slavery.

It seems that the liberals are bashing conservatives as well. You did just that in a post about Mississippi and Alabama. so ypu participate in what you are claiming to be upset with.
Tipsy started it by turning it into a liberal bashing post. All I did was reply to her and point out that the poor red states take way more that their blue neighbors. She got off topic first....as usual.
Banging the Liberal narrative, never won a factual argument.

I thought that by posting that video of poverty in Mississippi, they would get it? Nope!

If it first you can't succeed, blame the Liberals and create a distraction.
I knew when you posted it that it would be ignored. They are either really brainwashed, or trolls who come here just to incite and cause us to react to the crazy comments they leave. I honestly don't know which. Either way, they're not going to stop and I've about had it with them.

"Trappings of slavery?" Says who? You? That doesn't make any sense at all. If you are trapped into some form of willful slavery, it's because you found out that there was no other option. Section 8 Housing being one of them. That's entrapment by force, due to one's color. I still have yet to meet one black person who said they wanted that one and only opportunity.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the price of apples. You are playing up to ignorance, arrogrance, superiority, and racism, to weaponize your justifications. And everyone sees that for what it is. It's actually the exact reasons why we recruited slaves to begin with. You need lots of soul searching and education. And growing a heart, won't hurt anything either.
The observeration came from Marcus Aurelius in 161.

"The natural state of most people is the state of slavery. They only want for a just and generous master. "

I, of course, never mentioned race. You saw it but it wasn't there. The longing for a caring master belongs equally to white people. There are certainly plenty of white people demanding everything from free cosmetic surgery to free lap dances paid for on the EBT card.

"Trappings of slavery?" Says who? You? That doesn't make any sense at all. If you are trapped into some form of willful slavery, it's because you found out that there was no other option. Section 8 Housing being one of them. That's entrapment by force, due to one's color. I still have yet to meet one black person who said they wanted that one and only opportunity.
The natural slave doesn't need to be black. The natural slave just wants to be cared for by someone more powerful like a government.

If it first you can't succeed, blame the Liberals and create a distraction.
I knew when you posted it that it would be ignored. They are either really brainwashed, or trolls who come here just to incite and cause us to react to the crazy comments they leave. I honestly don't know which. Either way, they're not going to stop and I've about had it with them.
I'm on the same page. They do not want honest and accurate debate. They know in their heart of hearts they are on the wrong side of history and the argument. There simply is no justification for slavery for one, and poor red states are not Democrat majorities. Those are statistical facts.

But the slavery thing, now that is an adventure all on its own right there, It dives head first into the demonic psychi of people who've embraced superiority, arrogance, ignorance, and racism as a platform to formulate their own justifications from the past and present actions. It's a very sick and evil reality, but one we have to deal with every day.

11231660-6830203-image-a-27_1553093024818.jpg

An official sign declaring that slaves were 'well taken-care of and happy' at Louisiana's most-visited historical site - a former cotton plantation - has been taken down.

It's unclear how long the sign was up at the state-owned and operated Rosedown Plantation, which sits on 374 acres in St. Francisville.

It was on display in the plantation's detached kitchen as part of an exhibit called 'Slave Life at Rosedown.'

About 850 people had been enslaved there before the outbreak of the Civil War, including newborn babies and the elderly. The sign said they lived in 'prettily built and very comfortable' cabins, where they were awoken at 4am, and had 'a natural musical instinct' that was showcased at Christmas.

11231652-6830203-image-a-28_1553093066137.jpg

It goes on...

Source: Louisiana-owned plantation removes sign about 'happy' slaves | Daily Mail Online

My question is...why are so many whites so delusional about the worst thing that happened in America, and America's original sin?
Well, in those days black lives really mattered. Today, it's just a meme.

Forum List

Back