Louisiana Food Stamp Recipients – No More Booze, Broads, or Bras!

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Governor Jindal just signed a law that prohibits the use of EBT cards at:

Any establishment where persons under age 18 are not permitted

Any retail establishment that provides adult-oriented entertainment in which performers disrobe or perform in an unclothed state for entertainment purposes or adult bookstores or adult paraphernalia and any sexually oriented business

Any nail salon

Any tattoo, piercing, or commercial body art facility

Any jewelry storeAny amusement or video arcadeAny bail bonds companyAny nightclub, bar, tavern, or saloon

Any cruise ship and any psychic business

Awesome! Why can't the Feds do this? By King Barry's fiat? :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Read more @ http://thehayride.com/2014/06/no-mo...dium=feed&utm_campaign=feed&utm_reader=feedly

Was all of that a major problem before? People spending their food stamps on tattoos, luxury cruises, video games and strippers?

If that was a major problem and this effort is meant to correct it, then Bobby Jindal has been a monumental fuck-up right up to this very moment, and this effort is way too little, way too late.

Any retail establishment that provides adult-oriented entertainment in which performers disrobe or perform in an unclothed state for entertainment purposes or adult bookstores or adult paraphernalia and any sexually oriented business

Any nail salon

Any jewelry storeAny amusement or video arcadeAny bail bonds companyAny nightclub, bar, tavern, or saloon

Awesome! Why can't the Feds do this? By King Barry's fiat? :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Read more @ http://thehayride.com/2014/06/no-mo...dium=feed&utm_campaign=feed&utm_reader=feedly

Since those programs are run at state level, it is up to the states to make those decisions.

Any nail salon

Since those programs are run at state level, it is up to the states to make those decisions.

Please don't pop their hate bubble with facts....

Was all of that a major problem before? People spending their food stamps on tattoos, luxury cruises, video games and strippers?

If that was a major problem and this effort is meant to correct it, then Bobby Jindal has been a monumental fuck-up right up to this very moment, and this effort is way too little, way too late.
I have no doubt about bartering. Why on earth wouldn't they? I need food for my hoes, you want sex. Give me an advantageous rate and the deal is done!

A no-brainer really.

I doubt this kind of thing was ever a big problem. Nevertheless, it is well and good to prohibit these kinds of purchases.

This new law makes a great soundbite on the campaign trail. A lawmaker gets to sound like a moral upstanding guy, keeping those lazy welfare leeches from boozing and whoring it up. Then he can go back to the office and bang a staffer and feel good about himself.

Why won't Republican argue that this is just more big government control over people's personal lives?

Remember, the governor only signs laws AFTER being passed by the state legislature. If they drag their feet, it's not the governor's fault.

Please don't pop their hate bubble with facts....

That has been the law in Florida for decades. Where has Jindal been?

Why won't Republican argue that this is just more big government control over people's personal lives?

KGB....this isn't about limits on what size soda can be served at businesses.

EBTs are a government program. The government controls the purse-strings. If they don't want Tyrone spending his monthly allotment at a strip joint, they can put up any restriction they want to stop him.

This heah is 'bout controllin' Tyrone and Leon and Lakeesha and Leroy.

Remember, the governor only signs laws AFTER being passed by the state legislature. If they drag their feet, it's not the governor's fault.

Seems like a lot of people didn't realize this, so I quoted it that they may be enlightened.

I doubt this kind of thing was ever a big problem. Nevertheless, it is well and good to prohibit these kinds of purchases.

This new law makes a great soundbite on the campaign trail. A lawmaker gets to sound like a moral upstanding guy, keeping those lazy welfare leeches from boozing and whoring it up. Then he can go back to the office and bang a staffer and feel good about himself.

Except for those who realize EBT cards already couldn't be used for any of that shit... :rolleyes:
They're exchangeable for food only, and not even for prepared food. You can't use it in a nail salon, a strip club or whatever else. You can't even use it in a bar, because it's prepared food. And you certainly couldn't buy alcohol with it even in a grocery store.

Last edited:

Any nail salon

Yet, another republican manufactured crisis. I was on food stamps after Katrina. We could not even access our bank accounts because the ATM's were not working. However, if you take your food stamp card to any place to buy food, the card automatically rejects reimbursement for anything that is not food. For example, it will not work for alcohol, tobacco, a spatula, , wax paper, newspaper, etc., etc. I don't remember if it rejected toilet paper and facial tissues or not. More, "feel good", but useless legislation from the Right.

Last edited:

Except for those who realize EBT cards already couldn't be used for any of that shit... :rolleyes:
They're exchangeable for food only, and not even for prepared food. You can't use it in a nail salon, a strip club or whatever else. You can't even use it in a bar, because it's prepared food. And you certainly couldn't buy alcohol with it even in a grocery store.

No, that's wrong. You could use the EBT cash for ANYTHING! Note: several places in this area ADVERTISE that you can pay for prepared foods (including pizza DELIVERY) with EBT. (I have gotten their junk mail.)

Forum List

Back