AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie

This film got a lot of praise for being so original. IMO, there really wasn't much in this movie that I hadn't already seen before in other movies, but the way they were put together in this film was pretty original.

The main problem I had with this film is that it got really slow in the third act. That's also the act where Emily Blunt's character comes in. I just don't care for this actress. I have yet to see a movie of hers where I thought she was good. Admittedly, she was better in this movie than anything else of hers that I have seen, but I still don't care for her as an actress.

The first 30-40 minutes of this movie were very strong in terms of cinematography, pacing, action, writing, dialogue, etc. Everyone but Emily Blunt was pretty good in terms of acting.

The last 15 minutes or so was pretty good too. I didn't see the ending coming until about 5 minutes before it happened. I have a few more gripes about the movie, but they would get into spoiler territory.

Still, I think the movie is definitely worth watching if you're a fan of sci-fi. It does suffer from the usual problems that all time travel movies deal with, but this movie did a pretty good job of trying to address those problems.

8/10

The fact that Rian Johnson both wrote and directed this movie makes me more excited for Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi.

The acting and action was good, but the premise made no sense. I just couldn’t get over that.

In the future crime murders are near impossible to conceal (yet Bruce Willis kills a dozen or so guys in the future so go figure) they need to kidnap people and send them to the past to get murdered. Doesn’t that seem like a more difficult path and something they would be much hard to conceal in the long run?!?!? I digress. Then they need to have the assassin in the past kill their older self to close the loop? Stupid in so many ways.

I mean they have time travel capabilities, but they use it for such a mundane reason! They are gangsters with no morals. How about rob and rape the past?!?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back