Looks Like Trump Was Right About The Coronavirus Fatality Rate: In early March he guessed the fatality rate would be under 1 percent.

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Looks like Trump beat-down all the fake media douchebags harrumphing about how ignorant and unqualified he is.

In early March, President Donald Trump was lambasted for saying on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show that he had a hunch the coronavirus fatality rate, which the World Health Organization pegged then at 3 to 4 percent, was in fact much lower, under 1 percent. Many commentators, myself included pointed out that the beginning of a pandemic medical crisis was not the time to be floating hunches. But, as we always knew was possible, it looks now like the president might well have been right.
New data from random antibody tests conducted in New York State suggest that as many as 2.7 million people statewide have had the coronavirus. That along with the just over 15,000 deaths that have occurred leads to a fatality rate for the virus of .5 percent according to Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
Here is what Trump said on March 4:
“Well, I think the 3.4 percent is really a false number. Now, and this is just my hunch, and — but based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people that do this. Because a lot people will have this and it’s very mild. They’ll get better very rapidly. They don’t even see a doctor. They don’t even call a doctor.”
He went on to say:
“I think that that number (the WHO number) is very high. I think the number, personally, I would say the number is way under 1 percent.”
Democrats and media pundits blasted Trump for spreading “misinformation.”
Trump’s trusting his “hunch” on coronavirus’ fatality rate over the World Health Organization’s numbers.
There’s really no excuse for the president to be spreading this kind of misinformation to downplay a deadly disease.
— DNC War Room (@DNCWarRoom) March 5, 2020
Trump has a “hunch” that coronavirus isn’t as bad as every expert says it is. pic.twitter.com/KID3XLYerf
— The Daily Show (@TheDailyShow) March 6, 2020
Trump blames Obama for coronavirus response, then says he has a “hunch” death rate is “false number” President Trump has a “hunch" coronavirus death rate is "false number" via @slate
— AM Joy w/Joy Reid (@amjoyshow) March 6, 2020

While this data is preliminary, it is backed up by another study in Los Angeles that found 40 times more people had carried the virus then were previously known. This dropped the fatality rate in LA from 4.5 percent to .1-.3 percent.

It is difficult to stress how important these findings are. The 5-week lockdown that has destroyed the American economy was put in place by contemplating what looks to be rather absurd numbers by the WHO.

Looks like Trump beat-down all the fake media douchebags harrumphing about how ignorant and unqualified he is.

In early March, President Donald Trump was lambasted for saying on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show that he had a hunch the coronavirus fatality rate, which the World Health Organization pegged then at 3 to 4 percent, was in fact much lower, under 1 percent. Many commentators, myself included pointed out that the beginning of a pandemic medical crisis was not the time to be floating hunches. But, as we always knew was possible, it looks now like the president might well have been right.
New data from random antibody tests conducted in New York State suggest that as many as 2.7 million people statewide have had the coronavirus. That along with the just over 15,000 deaths that have occurred leads to a fatality rate for the virus of .5 percent according to Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
“Well, I think the 3.4 percent is really a false number. Now, and this is just my hunch, and — but based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people that do this. Because a lot people will have this and it’s very mild. They’ll get better very rapidly. They don’t even see a doctor. They don’t even call a doctor.”
He went on to say:
“I think that that number (the WHO number) is very high. I think the number, personally, I would say the number is way under 1 percent.”
Trump’s trusting his “hunch” on coronavirus’ fatality rate over the World Health Organization’s numbers.
There’s really no excuse for the president to be spreading this kind of misinformation to downplay a deadly disease.
Trump has a “hunch” that coronavirus isn’t as bad as every expert says it is. pic.twitter.com/KID3XLYerf
Trump blames Obama for coronavirus response, then says he has a “hunch” death rate is “false number” President Trump has a “hunch" coronavirus death rate is "false number" via @slate

While this data is preliminary, it is backed up by another study in Los Angeles that found 40 times more people had carried the virus then were previously known. This dropped the fatality rate in LA from 4.5 percent to .1-.3 percent.

It is difficult to stress how important these findings are. The 5-week lockdown that has destroyed the American economy was put in place by contemplating what looks to be rather absurd numbers by the WHO.

Fifty-thousand AMERICANS have now died because the asswipePINO failed to act in time. Go away Canadian.

I don't think the shut down was a completely shitty idea.

Trump said it was a "hunch". Okay, fair enough. But had we not prepared for the worst, and the worst showed up, we'd have been fucked.

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst...

He went on to say:

Fifty-thousand AMERICANS have now died because the asswipePINO failed to act in time. Go away Canadian.

I can't wait to see how much the next four years suck for you...

He went on to say:

When did you first post anything saying the government should shut down the economy?

He went on to say:

He has been wrong about many things, including...

President Trump's tweet was right.

WHO with its gigantic funding and army of experts - could not even tell that the virus spreads among humans.

No wonder Trump's approval keeps increasing.

He went on to say:

He has been wrong about many things, including...
I suppose you and your fake news whores have been right about everything?

He went on to say:

:cuckoo:

:abgg2q.jpg:

All the President’s Lies About the Coronavirus

"On Coronavirus Testing

"When:
Friday, March 6

"The claim:Anybody that needs a test, gets a test. We—they’re there. They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful.

"The truth: The country’s testing capabilities are severely limited. Many states have experienced a lack of testing kits, as my colleagues Alexis Madrigal and Robinson Meyer have reported. Trump made this claim one day after his own vice president, Mike Pence, admitted that 'we don’t have enough tests today to meet what we anticipate will be the demand going forward.'"

We had a clear indication early on from cruise ships that the case death rate was far below the wild numbers that Fauci and crew put out initially. The New York City data destroy the reckless "models" that so many states used as their excuse for imposing ridiculous lockdowns. And keep in mind that NYC's population is larger than that of most states and larger than or comparable to that of a number of nations.

Forum List

Back