Looks like Obama was correct about Benghazi

So let's be clear.

Republicans slash the shit out of embassy security, and then complain when one of our outposts gets attacked.

Nice.

Kind of like breaking someone's leg and then complaining they can't run a marathon.

Joe this lie has been completely exposed.

Ms. Shea-Porter

Before this attack there had been budget cutbacks. And there was
a lot of talk about impact on budget cutbacks. So I would just like
to ask you did budget cutbacks in any way set up a stage for this event

General Ham

No, ma'am, not as far as Africa Command was
concerned. There was not a budgetary constraint that affected my
decision-making in this event.

Press Releases - News - Armed Services Republicans

Well, if General Ham had enough money for security, then why isn't he facing a courtmartial for incompetence, then?

Bottom line. The GOP slashed the shit out of diplomatic security, and then complained when an office got attacked.

Poor Joe.

Mr. Nugent.

The Site Security Team left
on August 3rd. Whose decision was that to remove that Site Security
Team?

General Ham.

WellJ sir J for me it was simple. The Secretary of
Defense had issued what we call an execution order J which directed U.S.
AFRICOM to deploy the Site Security Team to Libya in support of the
Ambassador. And it was extended twice. And the termination date for
the second extension was the 3rd of August of 2012.
And there was not
a subsequent request by the State Department to review it.

Hillary did not renew the request.

Mr. Nugent.

So that would have been the State Department's
responsibility to request DOD to provide that Site Security Team?

General Ham.

That is correct) sir.

I don't know what he SAID, but he DID nothing.

Was he supposed to jump into a chopper and unleash a can of whoop-ass?

:lol:
No, sub-human, he should have sent some help instead of worrying about covering his political ass. Instead, he just left them to die. I'm sure you would have done the same.

Benghazi hearing: U.S. military assets were told to stand down - CNN.com

Hicks went on to say he believes "if we had been able to scramble a fighter or aircraft or two over Benghazi as quickly as possible after the attack commenced" -- around 9:30 that night -- "I believe there would not have been a mortar attack on the annex in the morning because I believe the Libyans would have split. They would have been scared to death that we would have gotten a laser on them and killed them."
The former deputy chief of mission suggested that the Libyan government would have granted the United States permission to fly the planes.
"I believe that the Libyans were hoping that we were going to come bail them out of this mess," Hicks said. "And, you know, they were as surprised as we were that ... the military forces that did arrive only arrived on the evening of September 12th."
Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, a member of the committee, tells CNN that "military personnel were ready willing and able, and within proximity, but the Pentagon told them they had no authority and to stand down."

There were no orders to stand down.

No, sub-human, he should have sent some help instead of worrying about covering his political ass. Instead, he just left them to die. I'm sure you would have done the same.

Hicks went on to say he believes "if we had been able to scramble a fighter or aircraft or two over Benghazi as quickly as possible after the attack commenced" -- around 9:30 that night -- "I believe there would not have been a mortar attack on the annex in the morning because I believe the Libyans would have split. They would have been scared to death that we would have gotten a laser on them and killed them."
The former deputy chief of mission suggested that the Libyan government would have granted the United States permission to fly the planes.
"I believe that the Libyans were hoping that we were going to come bail them out of this mess," Hicks said. "And, you know, they were as surprised as we were that ... the military forces that did arrive only arrived on the evening of September 12th."
Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, a member of the committee, tells CNN that "military personnel were ready willing and able, and within proximity, but the Pentagon told them they had no authority and to stand down."

You're a liar.

You're a liar.

http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/benghazi2014/benghazi.pdf

Finding # 7 page 29.

Read it and fuck off.

Correct.

Of course most on the partisan right will attempt to keep this lie alive, ignoring the facts.

Correct.

Of course most on the partisan right will attempt to keep this lie alive, ignoring the facts.
Hey look, another useful idiot!

David Ignatius: Senate intelligence report takes GOP tirades about Benghazi head-on - The Washington Post

Driving the Republican jihad was a claim, first reported in October 2012 by Fox News, that CIA personnel had wanted to respond more quickly to the Benghazi attack but were ordered to “stand down,” perhaps by political higher-ups. Although this claim was promptly rebutted by CIA officials, it was repeated by Fox News at least 85 times, according to a review by the liberal advocacy group Media Matters. This barrage fueled Republican charges that the Democrats were engaging in a coverup.

The Senate intelligence report addressed this inflammatory charge head-on. “The committee explored claims that there was a ‘stand down’ order given to the security team at the annex. Although some members of the security team expressed frustration that they were unable to respond more quickly to the mission compound, the committee found no evidence of intentional delay or obstruction by the chief of [the CIA] base or any other party.”

The Senate panel also rejected the insinuation, made repeatedly by Republicans, that the Obama administration failed to scramble available military assets that could have defended the Benghazi annex and saved the lives of the four American victims. “There were no U.S. military resources in position to intervene in short order in Benghazi,” the report says flatly. “The committee has reviewed the allegations that U.S. personnel . . . prevented the mounting of any military relief effort during the attacks, but the Committee has not found any of these allegations to be substantiated.”

Correct.

There may not have been an order to stand down, but there wasn't an order to go where the shooting is either. That is what soldiers do when Americans are being shot at!

There are several days in the year where troops should be on high alert and 9/11 is one of those days. That would take some leadership from the Oval office.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back