Looking to get a tattoo? Artists say they're seeing increased demand, despite the pandemic

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
When Alana Swaringen found out COVID-19 vaccines were coming, she wanted to celebrate. She got a tattoo of a smiling Band-Aid, right where she’d soon get her vaccine.
“For me, it’s a reflection of the crazy year we’ve had and a celebration of my strength and what I’ve gone through this past year,” the 22-year-old Syracuse University student said.
When the health care worker gave her the vaccine in the middle of her smiling Band-Aid, she cried.
“It felt like the start of something new, finally overcoming something,” she said. “And the tattoo is a constant reminder of that.”

Female Front Neck Throat Tattoos - Novocom.top

I don't want that one. I like the lace. I am toying with it starting at the top front of my neck and then top of chest. I don't like the way it goes half way around.

I also want one on my leg. I want a vine to start by my hip to go down my leg. I am not sure on the flower.. I don't want it to be too much. From what I am looking at, it doesn't take much to screw up a vine. I don't want it to have too much crap. I'm not set on it. I'm just kind of looking at it. As booked as they are, I have time. I might wait and go to a show instead of local.

Also, it's ok if you don't like tattoos. I just don't want to hear about it.

Tatoos are fine, they are part of freedom of expression. They just aren't for me. I don't even know what I would select to imprint on my skin.
I designed my own last time. I will probably do the same with these.

When Alana Swaringen found out COVID-19 vaccines were coming, she wanted to celebrate. She got a tattoo of a smiling Band-Aid, right where she’d soon get her vaccine.
“For me, it’s a reflection of the crazy year we’ve had and a celebration of my strength and what I’ve gone through this past year,” the 22-year-old Syracuse University student said.
When the health care worker gave her the vaccine in the middle of her smiling Band-Aid, she cried.
“It felt like the start of something new, finally overcoming something,” she said. “And the tattoo is a constant reminder of that.”

I don't want that one. I like the lace. I am toying with it starting at the top front of my neck and then top of chest. I don't like the way it goes half way around.

I also want one on my leg. I want a vine to start by my hip to go down my leg. I am not sure on the flower.. I don't want it to be too much. From what I am looking at, it doesn't take much to screw up a vine. I don't want it to have too much crap. I'm not set on it. I'm just kind of looking at it. As booked as they are, I have time. I might wait and go to a show instead of local.

I imagine the big rush on tatoos is from the covid stimulus,,

and if you didnt want to hear from people that dont like them why did you post this thread???

I imagine the big rush on tatoos is from the covid stimulus,,

and if you didnt want to hear from people that dont like them why did you post this thread???

I'm thinking your right it's the stimulus.

Because I could and because I have already seen some of these characters opine on tattoos. It can get really shitty.

I've been considering this one, only on My back.

tumblr_ozvoec9HkM1rn3yyfo1_500.jpg

Or something a little simpler.

png-clipart-sleeve-tattoo-phoenix-phoenix-leaf-fictional-character.png

Tatoos are fine, they are part of freedom of expression. They just aren't for me. I don't even know what I would select to imprint on my skin.
I designed my own last time. I will probably do the same with these.
Do you have any images of the ones you designed?
It's one. Just the tat. I don't have any pictures of it. It's on my back. It's a dragon, surrounded by fire, with a chalice. The stem of the chalice is a sword. There is a pentagram in the chalice. I am not artistic. I cant draw to save my life. I have a collection of dragons. I took the one that I wanted done in and sketched out the rest. The guy that did the original work drew it out so that I could see it all put together. I had 17 hours all together. He did the first 11. He was so heavy handed that it took forever. Then someone else went in a couple years later and added some gold and color that I'm sure is gone by now. I got that in my twenties.

I'm 71 years old, and have been keen to get my first tattoo. I wanted something that says, "ME" to me, and to others who might care.

A month or so ago I walked into my church and saw a large carved-wooden Irish cross with a conventional cross embedded into the center of it, in gold. That image fits the bill. I am an Irish Catholic, first, last, and always, so that is the image I picked for my first tattoo.

While it sounds simple, I was unable to come up with an image on line that exactly duplicates the essence of it, so I ended up just taking a snapshot of it and bringing it to a reputable local tattoo artist. He was cool with it.

I had to book an appointment SIX WEEKS in advance (June 2), because they are swamped with people getting tattoos. Have been for a year.

Where to put it. Well, I don't see the point of tattoos that you cannot see on yourself. Maybe that's just me. I decided to put it on my left forearm, palm up. The head of the cross will be toward the inside crack of my elbow, the tip pointing to my hand. The image I provided was 7-8" long.

Next one will be either vet-based or motorcycle. Right shoulder. I have a patch from the unit I served in in RVN, but I think the detail might be too "busy." We'll see.

That looks like more than a tatoo, there appears to be some of it that is extending outside the skin?
It does look like it is extending out. That can't be it.

We've gone crazy with the tattoos. I don't understand the appeal. Its sort of like seeing a 35 y/o person trick or treating....No law against it but it's just something you shouldn't do.

Forum List

Back