LLAD: Ranger School welcomes women, drops standards

Too funny, look...very few women will be able to carry a 200 lb man out of a bad situation.

They don't belong out there, period.

Of course the needs and requirements have changed and continue to change. Supplies and munitions get lighter and more efficient all the time.

And yet, if they can, they should have the opportunity to try.

Of course they should have the right to try if they pass the Ranger Course without modifications. I believe wholeheartedly women are out there who can do it. Those are the ones who should be passed. No modifications.

One has but to read the article.

Where is your evidence that standards will be dropped?

I read it (it's a little old) and it said:

"If physical fitness standards are sex-normed for the women".

So where does it say standards have been lowered?

It doesn't say that. What Roo posts as "evidence" is purely speculation from the author of that piece...but, he doesn't know the difference between fact and opinion.

Here is a question..

There are those very few women out there can meet the current standards, the same standards the men have to meet.

Let's suppose that out of 100 trainees, 2 make it through. Out of the 4 classes a year, a total of 8 women a year pass.

Do we spend the extra money required for specially fitted gear and facilities for the women or is that number too low to make it economically feasible?

Here is a question..

There are those very few women out there can meet the current standards, the same standards the men have to meet.

Let's suppose that out of 100 trainees, 2 make it through. Out of the 4 classes a year, a total of 8 women a year pass.

Do we spend the extra money required for specially fitted gear and facilities for the women or is that number too low to make it economically feasible?

What "specially fitted gear and facilities" would be required?

Nonsense. Modify and administer a pre-qualification test much like wannabees for 'blue light' had to undergo. The pre-work would have to be modified, because you had Rangers, airborne, green beanies, and some of Princess Pat's boys breaking down on the blue light special.

I guarantee you something along those lines would separate the men and women from the boys and girls.

Last edited:
Here is a question..

Are you seriously asking that question?? :cuckoo:

Too funny, look...very few women will be able to carry a 200 lb man out of a bad situation.

Plenty of MEN cannot do that...off the top of my head, my brother (active-duty Marine NCO) couldn't. OTOH...my wife CAN. She could pass the physical-fitness test (to the men's standard) easily.

Here is a question..

Yes. I notice you didn't answer.

I would like you to explain what hypothetical additional expenses would be incurred by female Ranger School graduates. Can you?

Here is a question..

I've been to the field many many times with female soldiers and never did we need specially fitted gear (not a clue what you could be thinking of, field gear is unisex) or facilities.

Poor old man, we cross?

Even though you aren't ]a very nice man I'd still carry you out traitor.

One has but to read the article.

I read it (it's a little old) and it said:

"If physical fitness standards are sex-normed for the women".

So where does it say standards have been lowered?

It doesn't say that. What Roo posts as "evidence" is purely speculation from the author of that piece...but, he doesn't know the difference between fact and opinion.

If you can qualify for the Rangers you can carry a man out, its just that simple.

Plenty of MEN cannot do that...off the top of my head, my brother (active-duty Marine NCO) couldn't. OTOH...my wife CAN. She could pass the physical-fitness test (to the men's standard) easily.

You realize that link is a year old and its predicted dates for women to start have already passed but as of yet neither the Ranger School nor the Ranger Regiment are open to women.

You really think that matters? The thread is meant to stir up shit not make an actual point.

Last edited:
Ranger School will admit women within a few months. And the women will pass, whatever it takes.

Female officers have complained that the lack of the school credential disadvantages them for promotions and commands, and in an election year their complaints have found champions among the political appointees in the Office of the Secretary of Defense. In a Department whose highest priority is the Secretary’s million-dollar Gulfstream commute, and that has lost interest in two ongoing wars and a dozen other flashpoints where soldiers risk their lives daily, a stroke of a pen can upend a 60-year-old course that embodies a tradition with roots in the 18th Century.

http://weaponsman.com/?p=2814

Wow.

Women are not cut out for this shit, and it will cost men their lives.

after a couple dozen of them get slaughtered in combat, perhaps they'll see the light.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

NAH!

Ranger School will admit women within a few months. And the women will pass, whatever it takes.

Female officers have complained that the lack of the school credential disadvantages them for promotions and commands, and in an election year their complaints have found champions among the political appointees in the Office of the Secretary of Defense. In a Department whose highest priority is the Secretary’s million-dollar Gulfstream commute, and that has lost interest in two ongoing wars and a dozen other flashpoints where soldiers risk their lives daily, a stroke of a pen can upend a 60-year-old course that embodies a tradition with roots in the 18th Century.

http://weaponsman.com/?p=2814

Wow.

Women are not cut out for this shit, and it will cost men their lives.
Where is your evidence that standards will be dropped?

!00 years of liberal history.

Run along kid.

It is being considered, but the people actually doind the training are against it....and advocating using the same standards.

Combat Leaders Mull Equal Standards for Women

Feb 01, 2013

The heads of U.S. Special Operations Command said women will be welcomed into America’s elite combat units as long as they can meet the same physical standards as men.

Retired Amy Lt. Gen. Frank Helmick just hopes females will be judged as fairly as their male counterparts.

Combat Leaders Mull Equal Standards for Women | Military.com

You realize that link is a year old and its predicted dates for women to start have already passed but as of yet neither the Ranger School nor the Ranger Regiment are open to women.

You really thinnk that matters? The thread is meant to stir up shit not make an actual point.

Yes. I notice you didn't answer.

I would like you to explain what hypothetical additional expenses would be incurred by female Ranger School graduates. Can you?

Separate sleeping facilities, separate bathing facilities.

One, they would already have those in garrison.
In the field, nobody cares.

I think rangers have their own special training facilities, barracks, etc.

They're in the process of retrofitting the entire Navy with female lavatories and quarters.

Separate sleeping facilities, separate bathing facilities.

One, they would already have those in garrison.
In the field, nobody cares.

I think rangers have their own special training facilities, barracks, etc.

They're in the process of retrofitting the entire Navy with female lavatories and quarters.
Ranger School is not the Ranger Regiment. Ranger School is (theoretically) open to all MOSs from any unit. So only the school would need a little rearrangement.
If/when the 75th Ranger Regiment opens to females, really, extra barracks space Isn't much of an issue, especially as many barracks rooms now have their own bathrooms.

It's not a big deal. And I still don't know what "special gear" is needed.

Forum List

Back