LLAD: Ranger School welcomes women, drops standards

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
Ranger School will admit women within a few months. And the women will pass, whatever it takes.

Female officers have complained that the lack of the school credential disadvantages them for promotions and commands, and in an election year their complaints have found champions among the political appointees in the Office of the Secretary of Defense. In a Department whose highest priority is the Secretary’s million-dollar Gulfstream commute, and that has lost interest in two ongoing wars and a dozen other flashpoints where soldiers risk their lives daily, a stroke of a pen can upend a 60-year-old course that embodies a tradition with roots in the 18th Century.

http://weaponsman.com/?p=2814

Wow.

Women are not cut out for this shit, and it will cost men their lives.

When it comes to combat there should only be one standard any person who can meet those standards regardless of sex should be allowed to fight.

Ranger School will admit women within a few months. And the women will pass, whatever it takes.

Female officers have complained that the lack of the school credential disadvantages them for promotions and commands, and in an election year their complaints have found champions among the political appointees in the Office of the Secretary of Defense. In a Department whose highest priority is the Secretary’s million-dollar Gulfstream commute, and that has lost interest in two ongoing wars and a dozen other flashpoints where soldiers risk their lives daily, a stroke of a pen can upend a 60-year-old course that embodies a tradition with roots in the 18th Century.

Wow.

You realize that link is a year old and its predicted dates for women to start have already passed but as of yet neither the Ranger School nor the Ranger Regiment are open to women.

Huge mistake they are making.

Certain jobs require certain skills and education and it's the people who need to raise their standards if they want to perform a certain job and do it right. Lowering the bar means the jobs will no longer be done correctly.

Wow.

Where is your evidence that standards will be dropped?

• Banned
One has but to read the article.

Wow.

Wow.

When haven't they?

I spent my time in the military and every standard is reduced to make it easier for women, women doing the same job that I was doing.

One has but to read the article.

Wow.

I read it (it's a little old) and it said:

"If physical fitness standards are sex-normed for the women".

So where does it say standards have been lowered?

I am not worried about the wannabee commandos like the catch and release Roos on the board. Opinions such as his are worthless.

However, if the Ranger school standards are lowered, then the command has made a very bad mistake.

However, if the Ranger school standards are lowered, then the command has made a very bad mistake.

Unless the standards can be lowered across the board because the needs and requirements have changed.

You know better than "the needs and requirements" for Rangers and their deployments have not changed. I was cadre at Jump School when the first females came through, was skeptical at first, then a number one fan.

But I have never, ever thought that combat standards of training should ever be changed.

The whiskies can do the standards if they wish to be Rangers.

Unless the standards can be lowered across the board because the needs and requirements have changed.

You know better than "the needs and requirements" for Rangers and their deployments have not changed. I was cadre at Jump School when the first females came through, was skeptical at first, then a number one fan.

But I have never, ever thought that combat standards of training should ever be changed.

Of course the needs and requirements have changed and continue to change. Supplies and munitions get lighter and more efficient all the time.

Too funny, look...very few women will be able to carry a 200 lb man out of a bad situation.

They don't belong out there, period.

Of course the needs and requirements have changed and continue to change. Supplies and munitions get lighter and more efficient all the time.

Too funny, look...very few women will be able to carry a 200 lb man out of a bad situation.

And yet, if they can, they should have the opportunity to try.

Only if they are held to the same standards of qualification as men are.

And yet, if they can, they should have the opportunity to try.

Forum List

Back