Liz Cheney: The U.S. Is ‘Sleepwalking Into Dictatorship’

The ties are direct enough that whatever trump is found guilty of Jordan will follow , same cell block maybe , then they both can be someones butt buddy. These big national penitentiaries inmates already have Trump renamed , his new name is Genevieve
did you see in the news were they are looking to expel Matt Gaetz too ...

did you see in the news were they are looking to expel Matt Gaetz too ...

The hate party loves criminals , Their leaders across the board are criminal. and they spend all their time with lies and distortions trying to make their opponents the criminals. Gaetz is not unusual in this hate group. He is a normal in the world of the right. As a group and as a party they are the most un American group we have had in this country in my lifetime. They are simply across the board traitors to this country who will choose dictatorship over democracy to stay in power. Do they think the world is blind , if Trump is their candidate what will they do when he loses. That is the whole story on why they are traitors to this country.
They are scum ,simple as that and every patriot in this country knows there is only one solution , they have to go. and with whats left real conservatives will have to put something together as a party and voice to represent themselves. Trump will ask them to kill for him and they will. Be prepared to defend your family your friends and our democracy.

Trump has "told us what he will do," the Republican former congresswoman said in preview clips from an interview.

Liz Cheney, the former Republican representative from Wyoming, expressed deep concern in an interview about American democracy’s ability to survive another four-year presidential term for Donald Trump.

In clips shared Friday from the interview that will air on “CBS News Sunday Morning,” Cheney told host Josh Dickerson that Americans can’t entirely rely on Congress and the judicial system to rein in Trump ― the clear front-runner at this point for the GOP presidential nomination despite facing 91 felony charges linked to his 2016 campaign, his 2020 reelection loss and his mishandling of classified documents.

“He’s told us what he will do. It’s very easy to see the steps that he will take,” Cheney said.

“People who say ‘Well, if he’s elected, it’s not that dangerous because we have all of these checks and balances’ don’t fully understand the extent to which the Republicans in Congress today have been co-opted. … One of the things that we see happening today is a sort of a sleepwalking into dictatorship in the United States.”

Johnson was one of the biggest cheerleaders of Trump’s ill-fated attempt to claim victory in the 2020 election won by Joe Biden. Shortly after the election, Johnson led an amicus brief backing a Texas lawsuit asking the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn the vote.

Cheney raised similar concerns about Johnson during a podcast appearance last month.

In a quote from the interview released by CBS News, Cheney slammed newly elected House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) as someone who “knows ... that what he’s doing and saying is wrong, but he’s willing to do it in an effort to please Donald Trump.”

Liz Cheney: The U.S. Is ‘Sleepwalking Into Dictatorship’

I totally agree! It's a scary and dangerous path that we're on! What do you think?

If the US is sleepwalking into dictatorship it is because the goddamned LibProg Dems have pushed their agenda too far.

Americans are disgusted with Democratic handling of the Southern Border / Illegal Aliens emergency.

Americans are suffering with Democratic handling of the economy and the crippling inflation extant today.

Americans are disgusted with the encroachment of the LGBTQ+ agenda into our institutions and schools.

Americans are sick and tired of the Democratic approach to race relations and incessant playing of the race card.

Americans are disgusted with the governance of our large urban centers and realize that Exclusive Blue Rule is the problem.

Americans are appalled at the Democratic handling of our exit from Afghanistan.

Americans are alarmed and repelled by Democratic handling of religious beliefs and our churches and temples.

Americans have seen large-scale institutional anti-Semitism unmasked and arrogntly operating in the open for all to see.

Americans are anxious over Democratic handling of China and Iran and Russia and foreign policy in general.

If America is sleepwalking into a dictatorship it is because LibProgs are dug-in like tics and need to be neutralized.

Understandable. Unfortunate. Preventable. Entirely possible that it will unfold that way.

1702433825597.png

I see you don’t like the truth … you tend to forget she was there when they put the plans together …so the only one who has mental issues is you …
they don't get it she was #3 in the republican party she was with the leader of the house and one other who put together this plan with Trump to start the lie about the election being stolen from Trump... she at the time told them that she will have no part of turning over the election illigally ...

If the US is sleepwalking into dictatorship it is because the goddamned LibProg Dems have pushed their agenda too far.

Americans are disgusted with Democratic handling of the Southern Border / Illegal Aliens emergency.

Americans are suffering with Democratic handling of the economy and the crippling inflation extant today.

Americans are disgusted with the encroachment of the LGBTQ+ agenda into our institutions and schools.

Americans are sick and tired of the Democratic approach to race relations and incessant playing of the race card.

Americans are disgusted with the governance of our large urban centers and realize that Exclusive Blue Rule is the problem.
no my fickled friend the republicans are the problem ... if they would quit lying ...
Americans are appalled at the Democratic handling of our exit from Afghanistan.
no my friend Americans are appalled at the Republicans in getting us into a war that we had no reason to be there in the first place ... we were there longer then we were in Vietnam
Americans are alarmed and repelled by Democratic handling of religious beliefs and our churches and temples.
Americans are repelled by you Republicans forcing your handling to force religion on us who do't feel you have the right to ... you go ater us if we tryin and make a good gun law but we never attack the first admendment unless you republican try and force your religious views on us you don't get to ...
Americans have seen large-scale institutional anti-Semitism unmasked and arrogntly operating in the open for all to see.
are you really this blind ??? only your Christian white supremacists are the ones who by the way claim to be republicans who are anti-semitism ... Are you really this blind
Americans are anxious over Democratic handling of China and Iran and Russia and foreign policy in general
american are angry about the way Trump and you Republicans pal up to the Russians, china and Iran you kiss thei ass every chance you get ...
If America is sleepwalking into a dictatorship it is because LibProgs are dug-in like tics and need to be neutralized.
liberals are fighting your republican party who are removing books from libraries... liberals are trying to give the right to choose back to the women in this country ... liberals are trying to stop this rollover of the Voting right Act...where you and the right make it so hard to vote because we Americans don't like what you republicans are forcing on to the people ...look what the people are doing in Florida they are now going to pass laws put them back where the women get to choose what they want to do with their bodies ... you guys screwed that pooch ... you have no clue how bad you republicans have fucked up this country you republicans are totally clueless ...
Understandable. Unfortunate. Preventable. Entirely possible that it will unfold that way.
What is going to unfold is you Republicans are going to lose the house by large numbers of you Republicans being voted out of the house and the Senate... it looks like a lot of you Republicans are going to learn what the people want and its not any part of what your republicans leaders ship are doing

None of the above. But at least you serve to underscore your own vapid commentary. :itsok:

Meanwhile, your OP only reiterates what is already known. You’ve added nothing of any value.

Liz Chunky got her elective life crushed for being such a nasty bitch regarding Trump. You happen to mindlessly hate Trump too, so you slavishly adore Ms. Chunky.but here’s the thing. Nobody gives a shit.

You’re a known quantity: a nothing.
here we have one of the most corrupt politicians Donald Trump he lies to the public he attacks them for no reason he tried to force himself on the country by trying to steal the election from Biden but lost ... he exposed classified documents he has DONE SO MUCH EVIL ITS APPALLING AND YOU HAVE THE GUAL TO SIT HERE AND TRY AND TELL US HOW BAD WE ARE ... YOU ARE THE LOSER HERE ...

Hey, if I remember correctly even Hillary only called 1/3 of them “deplorables.” She may have been arrogant and unpopular, but I agree that statement was straightforward & probably accurate at the time … though deplorable is by its nature a rather subjective term.

Certainly “deplorable” was actually a rather “nice” term … compared to “vermin.” Trump has always been unbeatable as “divider-n-chief” and down-in-the-gutter demagogue.

Today, I think “deplorable” is rather dated and doesn’t really capture the essence of today’s hardcore Trump supporters. There is a virulent element of viciousness and crazy amongst most of them today that I think wasn’t quite so evident in 2016.

As to what percentage of ordinary Republican voters are like this … voters who don‘t love Trump so much as dislike Biden and “Liberalism” in general … that I couldn’t say.
Yeah. 2016 changed things for me. I'm not being hyperbolic when I say that it showed me that America isn't what I thought it was. What I assumed it was. I was certainly aware of the socio-anthro-cultural rot (and discussed it here often), but the sheer size, depth and intensity of this group dwarfed what I thought existed. This alternate universe is very large.

2024 won't change that, and neither will the next few elections. Will I be personally affected? Meh, I doubt it. But it's certainly sad to watch. I didn't know.

Last edited:
here we have one of the most corrupt politicians Donald Trump he lies to the public he attacks them for no reason he tried to force himself on the country by trying to steal the election from Biden but lost ... he exposed classified documents he has DONE SO MUCH EVIL ITS APPALLING AND YOU HAVE THE GUAL TO SIT HERE AND TRY AND TELL US HOW BAD WE ARE ... YOU ARE THE LOSER HERE ...
Your run on sentences are merely a litany of empty claims.

Come back when you’ve got something.

You are completely unhinged.

Forum List

Back