Living the Christian life is hard

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Luckily, I have an advantage thot makes it easier for me.

1647702972754.png

View attachment 618201
Why do you find it hard? Only backsliders whose faith has been weakened should be finding it hard.

And of course, nobody can be judgmental until they are challenged with your religious beliefs.
Are you saying that you find it hard not to challenge non-believers?

Is this thread meant as a challenge to atheists?

View attachment 618201
Hey, they gave themselves a rigged game that they can't win.

They invented a "perfect" person out of thin air and compare themselves to him.

In any other context, this would be diagnosed as an anxiety disorder and maybe even psychosis.

But the major religions get a pass.

In any other context, this would be diagnosed as an anxiety disorder and maybe even psychosis.

I'm not preoccupied with trashing the OP on this thread. You go right ahead if it makes you happy.

I took you off ignore fuck face

I can destroy you with both hands tied behind my back

So, you are saying that we should not be more Christ-like? Then, should we be more Satan-like and do terrible things to one another instead of love one another? So, atheists wish that we would be comparing ourselves to them so that we can be more Satan like. Seems like a diagnosis for stupidity.

So, you are saying that we should not be more Christ-like?
Another bizarre leap.

Also, the qualities you attribute to the mythological character don't belong to him. They existed before the iron age myths and will exist after those myths fade.

Just try to be a good person. No need to invent a fake perfect person, and you can certainly do better than what passed for "moral and ethical" in the primitive iron age mythologies.

Another bizarre leap.

Also, the qualities you attribute to the mythological character don't belong to him. They existed before the iron age myths and will exist after those myths fade.

Just try to be a good person. No need to invent a fake perfect person, and you can certainly do better than what passed for "moral and ethical" in the primitive iron age mythologies.
Just being a 'good' person doesn't cut it. We need to be really good people in order to advance.

A good person does only what he or she is paid to do.
A really good person does more.

Because businesses cannot afford to pay for everything that should be done by their employees, only the bare minimum of what needs to be done. This leaves what should be done undone, and it piles up to the point that it hurts the business.

Just being a 'good' person doesn't cut it.
Of course it does. This is real life, not an iron age fantasy.

All you have really done is argue that being a good person is not important, because only the faith matters.

It's part and parcel of the immoral Christian mythology.

Gross.

While ever you follow a celestial dictatorship life will be difficult. Its the atheists who have freedom from religious dogma
In Christianity the opposite is true. God gives us the choice of blessings or cursings. The blessings come from obedience to his precepts. The cursings come from doing things our own way. A glance around will reveal that we are doing things 'our way'. :omg:

Of course it does. This is real life, not an iron age fantasy.

All you have really done is argue that being a good person is not important, because only the faith matters.

It's part and parcel of the immoral Christian mythology.

Gross.
Faith is revealed by good deeds. We need more of that.

There's also a bit more to it than that.

View attachment 618201
What's wrong with being judgmental? Its called free will.........people make decisions/judgements every day of their lives, some simply know to many things that simply are not so. {Quote} -- R. Reagan

The world's favorite Bible Passage must be Matthew 7:1, "Judge not, that you be not judged." Even the atheists are quick to point out this one passage when they are confronted with any moral challenge.

This verse is often used when one person is pointing out the sinful nature of another.........the accused is quick to point to this one passage and declare that no one is allowed to judge another. They never bother themselves with actually taking the entire message in its correct contextual integrity.

The fact is Jesus was not condemning judgements completely.........just "unrighteous" judgements. The very next line of text reads, "......For with the judgement you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you." -- Matt. 7:2 In essence Jesus is teaching that we should never use a measure of judgement upon another that we are not willing to reflect upon ourselves in like measure.

The next line explains with no ambiguity whatsoever, "Why do you seek the speck in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or, how can you say to your brother, let me take the speck from your eye, when the log is in your own eye? YOU HYPOCRITE! first take the log from your own eye, and then you can see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye." -- Matt. 7:3-5

Thus, making judgements is not forbidden as explained later in this same chapter, "Do not judge by appearances, but judge with righteous judgement." -- Matt. 7:24

What are righteous judgements? Also explained. The standard by which judgements are to be made are based upon the words of Jesus (John 12:47-48) When you speak to another about judgement one must, speak, "......as one who speaks the oracles (Laws) of God." -- 1 Peter 4:11

Do not rush into judgement as things are not always as it first appears, the scriptures declare, ".....If one gives an answer before he actually hears, it is his folly and shame." -- Proverbs 18:13 When you make a judgement before all the facts are clear then you considered an "unrighteous" judge (James 2:1-3)

Forum List

Back