living and dying at the falls....

Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
elk park falls.....is a well known swimming hole...

this video is of the kids using the side rope and safety using the side rope to jump.....now the problem becomes when they begin to do this..

you have to have balls to do the side jump...climbing up the rope and all...but you have to be half crazy to do the top jump....it is a dangerous rite of passage at best....the men show how stupid they are...southern men what can i say...by going off the falls....my hubby did it when he was younger...my son lies to me ...saying he has never done it....people die doing it.....since 1985 ....10 people have died....which brings me to sunday afternoon....

some exchanges students from charlotte who apparently are muslims......came to the falls.....now its not common for women to do this jump....even locals .....women do the side jump or like me sunbath on the lower rocks and watch the jumpers...it is just a man thing....
but sunday a young lady goes off the falls.....and doesnt come back up.....the call goes out to the rescue squad....this is a hard rescue under the best of circumstances.....when it is body recovery....it is a night mare...

More is being learned about the 26 year old from Charlotte who died in Avery County after jumping off of Elk River Falls last weekend.

People were spotted jumping from the same place that the young lady died, less than 24 hours after her death. WSOC TV’s Dave Faherty reported that while the girl and her family were at Elk River Falls, other people were there who actually took a cell phone video of the girl as she took her fatal jump. In the video, people could be seen swimming out to look for the girl after she didn’t resurface. Numerous warning signs have been stolen from the area over the past few years. It seems that while locals know of the danger of those particular waterfalls, visitors and tourists seem nonchalant about the warnings and decide to jump from high atop the rocks anyway

More Being Learned About UNC Charlotte Student Who Died at Elk River Falls

keep reading i am going somewhere with this....

now avery county is not a diverse area.....98 % white....99.9% christian and mostly republican....the squads hate running these calls.....at worse the person is dead.....mostly they are paralyzed...and the call is always on a beautiful day on the weekends....

so it turns out the sister of the dead woman is there with other muslims....now it should come as no surprise that there is always a rescue squad member who is a pastor....so it turns out one of the pastors is with the squad goes to comfort the sister and here is where things went south fast....the sister and the other men begin to curse the pastor and tell him not to cram this american religions down their throat....well you can imagine these young men's shock....

i am not a christian but i find it appalling that these people cursed at people trying to help them....trying to comfort them in the only manner they really know....i just dont get the mentality or culture of muslims

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=youtube+elk+parks+falls&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Last edited:
yea the high sheriff will want to close the falls...common sense is all that is needed...there is a huge rock ledge jutting out that is why the are careful where to jump and note....you see people in the water waiting on the jumpers...the cultural clash has just jolted the community

Forum List

Back