Live Earth Concerts Begin Today

Originally Posted by DeadCanDance
Really? I'm watching the Live Earth concert in Brazil right now.

Seriously, do you Cons ever have any fun? Are y'all a bunch of fogeys in rocking chairs? It's a freakin' concert man. What's the problem? I've never seen anybody cheer the possibility of a concert getting cancelled. I certainly have never wished for a "christian rock" concert to get cancelled. Good on them: kids should have fun and have music.

Who was cheering? I could not care less a bunch of tree huggers are having a get together.

I wonder how many jets and SUV's were used to get the folks to and from the concert and home

Even though you won’t do your fair share. I’ll go ahead and answer your question. Here is the link to the section of Newsbusters that Media Matters shows is a lie:

http://newsbusters.org/node/2141

It’s your turn. I won’t hold my breath.

Thanks for saving me the trouble. Bottom line, I know I can get on today's NY Times, WaPo, or Chicago Trib and find errors. Not a problem. So how about everyone cool it to some extent with slamming sites, unless they are patently over the line ala, KKK or Moveon and someone is trying to put them up as 'bonafide'?

i read the bullshit that all of you people post, so dont try to make it as if rsr, is the only one that posts articles, I doubt any one on here, bothers to read anything, they disagree with in article or link form. we're all dissmissive , and a bit arrogant to a point, so quit making rsr the scapegoat, if you and i, and the members of this board, werent passionate, and didnt think we were right, we wouldnt be here.

I don't know if anyone really reads much of the bullshit that you post...

Getting back to the concerts, what are the tree huggers actually going to accomplish with them?

Getting back to the concerts, what are the tree huggers actually going to accomplish with them?

1. Have fun.

2. Ask the many, like you, who might be watching to do a teeny tiny bit more to conserve resources and recycle.

I was going to throw aluminum can into the garbage, but I think that I will have it be recycled. I think that you can get 1 cent per can if you take aluminum cans to recycling centers. I’m not an “environmentalist wacko” but I do a tiny bit here and there.

1. Have fun.

2. Ask the many, like you, who might be watching to do a teeny tiny bit more to conserve resources and recycle.

I was going to throw aluminum can into the garbage, but I think that I will have it be recycled. I think that you can get 1 cent per can if you take aluminum cans to recycling centers. I’m not an “environmentalist wacko” but I do a tiny bit here and there.

more like

1) rant about the myth of global warming

2) leave tons of trash on the ground for someone else to pick up

I'm so damn Glad........we have Al..Bore......

What would we us peons do????

Without our God and Goddesses.......

My life would not be complete.......

All hale, the Gods and the Goddesses.......

Madonna, Sheryl Crow, Bob Dylan, etc. etc.........

I wouldn't know how to live my LIFE........if it wasn't for these PEOPLE.....

Thank YOU LORD............FOR THEM.....

I have found my Religion.......oh hail the blessed environment gods, If I never had seen this, I would be lost, for these people, Sheryl Crow, Al Gore, I would be lost........Forever....

Oh thank you dear God, of the environment .if it wasn't for you.......we could NEVER CHANGE earth climate......cause....they are the all mighty powerful, and the governments of our NATIONS, i KNOW CAN CHANGE OUR CLIMATE, OF dear THANK YOU, FOR SAVING US..........FROM TOTAL CASTROPHIE...

OH DEAR............aL GORE......THANK YOU, I WILL KISS AND LICK YOU FEET AS SOON AS i SEE YOU...............:D
Oh yeah, and I will get someone to kiss Sheryl crows, Madonna's, and the rests of their asses as soon as I can...............:bowdown:

You forgot Melissa Ethridge and her ode to AL . :eusa_dance:

Originally Posted by DeadCanDance
Really? I'm watching the Live Earth concert in Brazil right now.

Seriously, do you Cons ever have any fun? Are y'all a bunch of fogeys in rocking chairs? It's a freakin' concert man. What's the problem? I've never seen anybody cheer the possibility of a concert getting cancelled. I certainly have never wished for a "christian rock" concert to get cancelled. Good on them: kids should have fun and have music.

That will really piss of Al because the goal here is to brainwash as many people as possible and use them for politcal agendas.

That will really piss of Al because the goal here is to brainwash as many people as possible and use them for politcal agendas.

(Yawn) The Republican Party and its cronies brainwash people too. Nothing is new in that area. I find the “Live Earth” concert to be a breath of fresh air. (Pun intended).

(Yawn) The Republican Party and its cronies brainwash people too. Nothing is new in that area. I find the “Live Earth” concert to be a breath of fresh air. (Pun intended).

Mercy---what kind of air do you usually breathe ? When I go to a concert I don't expect to ber asked to take any "Oath" or listen to Melissa Ethridge tell me who to vote for.

Thanks for saving me the trouble. Bottom line, I know I can get on today's NY Times, WaPo, or Chicago Trib and find errors. Not a problem. So how about everyone cool it to some extent with slamming sites, unless they are patently over the line ala, KKK or Moveon and someone is trying to put them up as 'bonafide'?

I’m waiting for RSR to do his fair share – present the page at Media Matters that his article criticized. I did what he asked of me. He did not follow through on his end, but that was to be expected.

Anyway, your request seems fair enough. If RSR won’t knock Media Matters, I won’t knock Newsbusters. Will RSR agree to this? I doubt it.

Mercy---what kind of air do you usually breathe ? When I go to a concert I don't expect to ber asked to take any "Oath" or listen to Melissa Ethridge tell me who to vote for.

The Repubs hare their equivalent – particularly the Religious Right and its ilk. You don’t have to take an oath or do what they say if you just want to watch a show.

LMAO!

Great thread! It's hilarious to see a few neocons circle-jerking each other off ;)

Well, I suppose when the vast majority of the planet, and the overwhelming majority of americans agree that climate change is a problem that we have to address, it's always fun to see the last remaining dead-enders - i.e., a few cranky american NeoCons - circle jerking each other off, and pretending to be in denial.

Thanks for the laugh! ;)

It isn't just the right wingers. Believe it or not, there are some on the hard left who scoff at man-made global warming.

http://www.counterpunch.org/hotair.html

http://www.freepress.org/columns/display/2/2001/551

http://counterpunch.org/cockburn04282007.html

http://www.counterpunch.org/cockburn05262007.html

http://www.counterpunch.org/cockburn06092007.html

http://www.counterpunch.org/cockburn06162007.html (scroll down)

Absolute insanity-----the energy saving tip of the minute is to not have the maids at your hotel wash your towels every time you take a shower.

Please tell me people aren't this stupid..

Frankly, I'm not interested in debating global warming with the last few dead-ender denialists. The vast majority of the planet has moved on, and every single major scientific body on the planet, with expertise in climate science, has concluded humans are affecting the climate adversly.

Even your own President Bush, admits we have to cut greenhouse gas emissions.

Maybe its humiliating to admit you were wrong, given that you and your NeoCon buddies spent the last 20 years denying something that we should have started working on at least a decade ago. But, there's so few of you flat-earth denialists left anymore, that its really not even worth debating with you. We've passed the tipping point on this. Sorry.

Who was cheering? I could not care less a bunch of tree huggers are having a get together.

I wonder how many jets and SUV's were used to get the folks to and from the concert and home

You obviously do care since you've put at least 10+ posts into the thread.

Its amazing the amount of hatred and disgust for people who merely have a different pov than you do.

New Topics

Forum List

Back