Little Richard old Tutti Fruitti has passed onto the great blues gig in the sky

The greats keep falling

We’ve lost one of the pioneers of rock and roll today. Little Richard set the tone for a generation of musicians to follow. Long Tall Sally, Rip it Up, Lucille, Good Golly Miss Molly and Tutti Frutti were just a few of his songs that rocked!!! I never had the chance to see him live, but this man could throw it down, and throw it down HARD!!

“I am the innovator. I am the originator. I am the emancipator. I am the architect of rock n roll!”
He once said, “Elvis may be the king of rock n roll, but I am it’s QUEEN!!”

AN original and THE originator.

The king. The wildest, most outlandish, sexiest rocker to ever strut his stuff has left us
He WAS fantastic, wasn't he? His recordings from the 50's are amazing. RIP, Mr. Penniman. And by the way, bb, I guess I never noticed before that you're in LaPorte. That's pretty darn close to where I live, in Valparaiso, Indiana. It really IS a small world after all.

the flamboyant clothing were a source of inspiration for legends like the aforementioned Prince and Elton John.

When I saw him in the movie " The Girl Can't Help It " I wanted to jump through the screen and be in that band. Tonight heaven is really rockin'!

Forum List

Back