Listen up GOP leadership: Why your base is terrified of immigration.

RW....you talk like the Hispanics just think your party is the greatest dam thing ever....when they take over your party i wanna hear what people like you and Dean have to say when they start dictating what they want.....i can see the White exodus now....

This pretty much sums it up. It is not illegal immigrants that they fear so much as it is Hispanics in general.

by "they".....do you mean White people?....

Nope. I mean the GOP.

Hispanics are here and will be here for generations to come

They are now part of the political and cultural climate. The party that is best able to evolve will do the best

Sure, the party who doesn't secure the border gets more votes.

How?

Right,

Templar chooses to ignore that more illegal aliens have been deported under Obama's administration than any other;

Obama is deporting immigrants faster than Bush. Republicans don?t think that?s enough.

i dont really give a shit Dean....i have never cared about that party......the " party" i belong to is the most diverse of either of the parties...its the one that has all the people who are sick and tired of both parties.....we come in all shapes,sizes,colors,creeds,political thought.....the list goes on.....one thing we all agree on.....the Democrats and Republicans are slowly Destroying the Country with their fucking party first bullshit....and the diehard party people on both sides ....like you....are the biggest part of the problem.....you people back your party ....no matter what.....never question.....just do.....

Oh, so you really don't have anything worthwhile to say. Just meandering and spouting nonsense. No ideas. Just "give up" and hate and mock. Nothing to add. Just, for lack of a better word, "drool".
its not worthwhile to you because you did not like what i said about your precious little party and you....but then you just kinda backed up what i said about assholes like you.....thanks once again Dean for proving me right about you.....

See? Drool.

What I'm hearing from the conservatives on the Hill is that they want a secured border as the first order of business. The United States was stung in 1986 for not doing it first. :eusa_whistle:

Has Boehner put such a bill up for a vote?

Or is this something like the R's opposition to abortion? Remember, when they held the White House, the H. of Rep. and the Senate, nary a vote was taken to make abortion more difficult. Now, when they know such bills won't get passed by the senate, they've passed dozens.

Anyone with a brain can figure out the R's love abortions, it is the best wedge issue they have. And they know they can fool all social conservatives all of the time.

One might conclude that the social conservatives would figure that out. Sad.

That's absolutely correct. They want to cut food stamps for children. Cut school lunch. Cry about contraception. Don't even try to help children get health care.

But scream and rant about abortion? I can't figure out what kind of people these are? Seriously, I can't.

What I'm hearing from the conservatives on the Hill is that they want a secured border as the first order of business. The United States was stung in 1986 for not doing it first. :eusa_whistle:

Or is this something like the R's opposition to abortion? Remember, when they held the White House, the H. of Rep. and the Senate, nary a vote was taken to make abortion more difficult. Now, when they know such bills won't get passed by the senate, they've passed dozens.

Anyone with a brain can figure out the R's love abortions, it is the best wedge issue they have. And they know they can fool all social conservatives all of the time.

That's absolutely correct. They want to cut food stamps for children. Cut school lunch. Cry about contraception. Don't even try to help children get health care.

But scream and rant about abortion? I can't figure out what kind of people these are? Seriously, I can't.

Let me see - you want food stamps - free Groceries. Plus you don't want to pay for your kids lunch at school. As far as Free Health care - they already have that in the entitlement programs - medicaid and company and the coverage is far better than many working Americans have - especially under your sacred cow - ObamaCare.

obama-i-lie.jpg

Sure, the party who doesn't secure the border gets more votes.

How?

Right,

Templar chooses to ignore that more illegal aliens have been deported under Obama's administration than any other;

Obama is deporting immigrants faster than Bush. Republicans don?t think that?s enough.

Republicans like TK still try to sell the myth that illegals are voting. In spite of no evidence, rightwing radio tells them so, so it must be true

May be so.....still doesn't affect the demographics that are turning against the Republicans

RW if your party cares more about getting their votes instead of actually caring about the people....what does that say about the party?...and any Democrat who is ok with that?...

Like i said in Post #112: Liberals don't give a shit.

Actually, if only 27% of Hispanics vote Republucan, I don't give a shit

It is Republucans who should give a shit

I thought it was awfully odd that Republicans would give Mitt Romney a free pass on wanting to cut education and bring in immigrants with degrees. Turns out I was right. The GOP base was voting anti Obama even though Romney's policies would hurt them more than anyone.

So why is that?

We all know how USMB Republicans have gone on about how business has been moving from Blue States to Red States. We know that those with a technical education soon followed. No where did the Republican leadership promise to help their base get those types of jobs. Just some vague "we support educational choice". We know there simply isn't enough highly trained people to fill all the technical jobs available in both Blue States and Red States.

We know the Republican base's position on education. You could never get Democrats or Independents to sit in a room and hear their leadership mock education and they then cheer. That will never happen.

The GOP base has finally put two and two together. Business wants the tax breaks, the give a ways, the relaxed rules on environmental and safety standards that are available in Red States. But they also need skilled workers. And the cheapest way is the import ones that are already qualified.

And when you import workers with degrees, everyone else soon follows. If I was an engineer from Mexico, I would be very suspicious of hiring a right winger to build my house.

Clearly, the GOP base feels with an influx of educated immigrants, they would be further marginalized.

Did you flunk composition in high school, Rdean?

Right,

Republicans like TK still try to sell the myth that illegals are voting. In spite of no evidence, rightwing radio tells them so, so it must be true

Supreme Court Rules: States Cannot Prevent Illegal Aliens from Voting in U.S. Elections

In a stunning ruling, the Supreme Court of the United States struck down an Arizona law requiring voters to present citizenship proof to register in state and federal elections.

The law clears the way to illegal alien undocumented immigrants voting in national elections without substantive means of preventing it for many states. The highest court in the land ruled 7-2 that federal law “precludes Arizona from requiring a federal form applicant to submit information beyond that required by the form itself,” as Justice Scalia wrote.

Little to stop illegal aliens from voting

U.S. citizens who go to the polls Nov. 2 to decide local, state and national elections are likely to get more help from noncitizens this year than ever before.
Beyond requiring applicants to sign a pledge on voter-registration forms affirming that they are U.S. citizens, there is no way to prevent the nation’s estimated 8 million to 12 million illegal aliens from casting ballots in November, area elections officials said.
Locally, only Virginia requires voters to provide their Social Security numbers, but the state does not require voters to show their Social Security cards.

As usual Norton, you've been spending too much time in the sewer, but at least you got a Job.

Last edited:
I don't think it s fear

I think it is trying to serve two masters. There is a certain element of their base that thrives on the anti-Hispanic rhetoric coming out of certain sectors. Easier to rattle the cages and give hem what they want to hear

is that not what the Democrats do with Hispanics?....tell them what they wanna hear?....

You tell me what they want to hear

That they are not deadbeats and mooches?

RW....i have worked and live among lots of Democrats......many of them think just that about Hispanics....like i have been saying....Republicans say it to your face.....Democrats behind your back.....most Hispanics know this....they aint as stupid as your party seems to think they are....

May be so.....still doesn't affect the demographics that are turning against the Republicans

RW if your party cares more about getting their votes instead of actually caring about the people....what does that say about the party?...and any Democrat who is ok with that?...

Like i said in Post #112: Liberals don't give a shit.

they sure as hell tell you they do.....until you walk out of the room....

Oh, so you really don't have anything worthwhile to say. Just meandering and spouting nonsense. No ideas. Just "give up" and hate and mock. Nothing to add. Just, for lack of a better word, "drool".
its not worthwhile to you because you did not like what i said about your precious little party and you....but then you just kinda backed up what i said about assholes like you.....thanks once again Dean for proving me right about you.....

See? Drool.

thanks again Dean....

whats funny about that Dean is Gov. Brown did that out here with his first budget.....and after i showed you the links YOU requested.....you disappeared from the thread.....so once again you proved right what i have said about you.....you will not say anything negative about one of yours doing the same thing a Republican does....now go ahead and play your stupid act....."Huh?....i dont remember that"....

is that not what the Democrats do with Hispanics?....tell them what they wanna hear?....

You tell me what they want to hear

That they are not deadbeats and mooches?

RW....i have worked and live among lots of Democrats......many of them think just that about Hispanics....like i have been saying....Republicans say it to your face.....Democrats behind your back.....most Hispanics know this....they aint as stupid as your party seems to think they are....

I really don't care

Hispanics are here. Hispanics vote. they just don't vote Republican

Republicans need to think long and hard about what that means for the future of the party

I thought it was awfully odd that Republicans would give Mitt Romney a free pass on wanting to cut education and bring in immigrants with degrees. Turns out I was right. The GOP base was voting anti Obama even though Romney's policies would hurt them more than anyone.

So why is that?

We all know how USMB Republicans have gone on about how business has been moving from Blue States to Red States. We know that those with a technical education soon followed. No where did the Republican leadership promise to help their base get those types of jobs. Just some vague "we support educational choice". We know there simply isn't enough highly trained people to fill all the technical jobs available in both Blue States and Red States.

We know the Republican base's position on education. You could never get Democrats or Independents to sit in a room and hear their leadership mock education and they then cheer. That will never happen.

The GOP base has finally put two and two together. Business wants the tax breaks, the give a ways, the relaxed rules on environmental and safety standards that are available in Red States. But they also need skilled workers. And the cheapest way is the import ones that are already qualified.

And when you import workers with degrees, everyone else soon follows. If I was an engineer from Mexico, I would be very suspicious of hiring a right winger to build my house.

Clearly, the GOP base feels with an influx of educated immigrants, they would be further marginalized.

Did you flunk composition in high school, Rdean?

Far from it.

What you prove is that you attack the messenger when you can't attack the message. Typical loser strategy.

Forum List

Back