List the 5 Presidents you most admire and the reason

Lincoln could have easily avoided war by letting the South secede. He chose war because he was a murderous tyrant.

Again, nonsense. Preserve the country by destroying the country? What are you, a democrat? He saved the Union. All deaths in that war are on the heads of the traitorous dogs of the Confederacy.

You see the tyranny in FDR's imprisonment of the Japanese Americans, but fail to see that Lincoln's actions were much worse. One could conclude you think the rights of Japanese Americans are much more important than Southerns. ...

That makes absolutely no sense. Japanese Americans were not trying to destroy the country. They had not taken up arms against the country, and certainly weren't enslaving other people within the country. You are posting out of ill-considered emotion.
No you are the one posting out of ill-considered emotion. 99% of the people in the south did not own a single slave.

not being able to refute it with anything other than "because I said so". ...

I have yet to say that, no matter how many times you insist that I have. What the hell are you smoking, kid?

"Don't bring up family and don't make false analogies."
"It's a false analogy because it's a false analogy."
"Attempting to draw out the analogy only highlights how inapplicable it is, dopey."

Where's the beef, boy?...

In all the parts you didn't quote. You know this.

"Limited Government"

words1.jpg
So you are arguing that these conservatives were for "big" government like the democrats? HUH ROFL

I believe those that you listed all instituted "Big Government"
Reagan expanded the size and scope of the federal government. Jefferson and Monroe sought to expand the size and the power of the US
Coolidge just didn't want any part of acting like a President

Note the part where I said.. albeit with some screw ups. The OP didn't ask us to name five perfect presidents.

But, yes I understand that your marxists love to cite any thing these guys did as your excuse to redistribute wealth into your pocket.

But, yes I understand that your marxists love to cite any thing these guys did as your excuse to redistribute wealth into your pocket

Sounds impressive to the Rush Limbaugh branch of the party...but you have no basis in fact for your hyperbole
ROFL yeah cause democrats are for limited government ROFLFLLLLFLFLLLOOOTOFLLL

Democrats are for a right sized government

You see the tyranny in FDR's imprisonment of the Japanese Americans, but fail to see that Lincoln's actions were much worse. One could conclude you think the rights of Japanese Americans are much more important than Southerns. ...

That makes absolutely no sense. Japanese Americans were not trying to destroy the country. They had not taken up arms against the country, and certainly weren't enslaving other people within the country. You are posting out of ill-considered emotion.
No you are the one posting out of ill-considered emotion. 99% of the people in the south did not own a single slave.

Yes, but 40% of the population WERE slaves

Wanna blame somebody, blame those do-nothing predecessors who allowed it to fester that far....

It wasn't "allowed to fester." Statesmen crafted compromise after compromise in an attempt to deal with what was ultimately an unresolvable contradiction in the very fabric of our nation.

So you are arguing that these conservatives were for "big" government like the democrats? HUH ROFL

I believe those that you listed all instituted "Big Government"
Reagan expanded the size and scope of the federal government. Jefferson and Monroe sought to expand the size and the power of the US
Coolidge just didn't want any part of acting like a President

Note the part where I said.. albeit with some screw ups. The OP didn't ask us to name five perfect presidents.

But, yes I understand that your marxists love to cite any thing these guys did as your excuse to redistribute wealth into your pocket.

But, yes I understand that your marxists love to cite any thing these guys did as your excuse to redistribute wealth into your pocket

Sounds impressive to the Rush Limbaugh branch of the party...but you have no basis in fact for your hyperbole
ROFL yeah cause democrats are for limited government ROFLFLLLLFLFLLLOOOTOFLLL

Democrats are for a right sized government
So are libertarians and republicans.

1. Teddy Roosevelt - the most badass of all Presidents. We could use someone with his stones today.

2. James Monroe - the Monroe doctrine should never have been abandoned

3. Thomas Jefferson - founding father, declaration of independence, Louisiana purchase

4. George Washington - for obvious reasons

5. Abe Lincoln - saved the Union

The perfect list imho. Agree completely.

I would include some folks close to these guys.

1. James K. Polk. Greatest one term President in U.S. History. Basically acquired 1/2 the U.S. in 4 years. No bullshit. Tough but fair. Literally worked himself to death.

2. James Madison. Greatest political genius in U.S. History.

3. Harry Truman. Made the tough decisions no one would want to make. Truly accountable.

4. FDR. Tremendous leader.

5. Andrew Jackson. Tough SOB who genuinely stood up for the common man. Hated the big money oligarchs that have always tried to run our Country.

That sounds like a number pulled out of a hat... ROFL link?

I think you are a bit off, but not that far off.

Funny thing about slavery, and the master/slave relationship.

My great however many greats grandfathers slaves stayed right there with him after emancipation, and took his name.

Many still proudly bear that name, even though they know it traces back to Georgia and another time.

There were 9 million people in the Confederacy, and about 4 million of those were African American slaves.

1. Teddy Roosevelt - the most badass of all Presidents. We could use someone with his stones today.

3. Thomas Jefferson - founding father, declaration of independence, Louisiana purchase

1. James K. Polk. Greatest one term President in U.S. History. Basically acquired 1/2 the U.S. in 4 years. No bullshit. Tough but fair. Literally worked himself to death.

3. Harry Truman. Made the tough decisions no one would want to make. Truly accountable.

5. Andrew Jackson. Tough SOB who genuinely stood up for the common man. Hated the big money oligarchs that have always tried to run our Country.

Geez, how did I leave out Madison, and post only four.

Must be senility setting in.

Yes, by all means Madison, the Father of the Constitution.

Madison almost lost the country with his war with England and attempts to capture Canada. Far from a great President

My great however many greats grandfathers slaves stayed right there with him after emancipation, and took his name.

Many still proudly bear that name, even though they know it traces back to Georgia and another time.
Ayup.. slavery in and of itself is not necessarily an evil thing. Trading labor for transport, food, and lodging... sounds like an employment contract. Some forms of slavery are the direct equivalent of payroll taxes and other forms of payroll withdrawals that are done today.

Like the Great Casey Stengle used to say.......you could look it up

Ayup.. slavery in and of itself is not necessarily an evil thing. Trading labor for transport, food, and lodging... sounds like an employment contract. Some forms of slavery are the direct equivalent of payroll taxes and other forms of payroll withdrawals that are done today.

A contract requires agreement of both parties

Madison almost lost the country with his war with England and attempts to capture Canada. Far from a great President

Not the greatest President, but, surely among the top five great Americans, because of the Constitution.

Forum List

Back