List solutions for increased security for schools here.

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
May 17, 2013
No back and forth.

Just simple solutions with a brief explanation

In order to come up with a viable solution every solution we can imagine needs to be brought up. This is KNOWN TO ME as BRAIN STORMING and is a part of problem solving technigues.

No solution should be laughed at.

List them here and lets see what everyone thinks will solve this.

KISS

Keep it Simple Stupid

My first suggestion. They are almost always the easiest and cheapest solutions.

First suggestion. Self Defense courses for teachers that are voluntary. Including using cheap non lethal products such as Bear Mace.

Arm and train those willing to carry. But make sure they are certified by a trained professional.

KISS

Keep it Simple Stupid

My first suggestion. They are almost always the easiest and cheapest solutions.

First suggestion. Self Defense courses for teachers that are voluntary. Including using cheap non lethal products such as Bear Mace.

Arm and train those willing to carry. But make sure they are certified by a trained professional.
If you want to add law enforcement to a teacher's responsibilities, you should offer to raise their pay.

1653953298921.png

Move the police station and fire department into the school and they can provide front door and building security.

*****SMILE*****

:)

- Quit sending taxpayer money to public schools and provide vouchers so that parents can send their children to the schools of the choice.

HT440-PC-Red-and-Black-Two-Tone-Hayward-Turnstiles-Full-Height-Turnstiles-300x300.jpg

Just a month ago I installed 3 of those. Concrete and fencing takes a bit but I can install the actual gates in a day. Not hard at all.

Now to put in a badge system and id cards is more. Need Fiber or cat 5 to fiber. computer system and programmable entry with id cards.

High crime areas could use this..........but with the ids could get expensive. We go through these everyday at work. Clock in and Clock out.

HT440-PC-Red-and-Black-Two-Tone-Hayward-Turnstiles-Full-Height-Turnstiles-300x300.jpg

Just a month ago I installed 3 of those. Concrete and fencing takes a bit but I can install the actual gates in a day. Not hard at all.

Now to put in a badge system and id cards is more. Need Fiber or cat 5 to fiber. computer system and programmable entry with id cards.

High crime areas could use this..........but with the ids could get expensive. We go through these everyday at work. Clock in and Clock out.
if the problem is that bad its time to close public schools,,

Let's make this simple. Hardening a target is fairly simple.

1. Limit access points.

2. Add armed security. Veterans are preferable as they have made the tough life and death choices in combat and have been trained. Train them and keep them up to date on latest police policies. Train with police often.

3. Train teachers in firearms. Those who want to and are comfortable with being armed.

4. Drills.. Practice, Practice, Practice...

5. Discipline. Both teachers and students. Anyone who blocks open a door or otherwise defeats safety protocols and practices.

Not every incident can be avoided but simply following procedures will keep most from happening. Be a friend to your students and LISTEN.. MAKE TIME FOR IT. 99% of these incidents the students are worried about. They will tell you if you take the time to make their concerns important.

Let's make this simple. Hardening a target is fairly simple.

1. Limit access points.

2. Add armed security. Veterans are preferable as they have made the tough life and death choices in combat and have been trained. Train them and keep them up to date on latest police policies. Train with police often.

3. Train teachers in firearms. Those who want to and are comfortable with being armed.

4. Drills.. Practice, Practice, Practice...

5. Discipline. Both teachers and students. Anyone who blocks open a door or otherwise defeats safety protocols and practices.

Not every incident can be avoided but simply following procedures will keep most from happening. Be a friend to your students and LISTEN.. MAKE TIME FOR IT. 99% of these incidents the students are worried about. They will tell you if you take the time to make their concerns important.
I'd add defense training for teachers and workers who volunteer for it. Along with non lethal ways that could help if they don't want guns. Bear Mace and such. Fire Extinguishers.

Basic training on self defense.

Forum List

Back