List black people's privileges here.

All Rise!

This Afternoons lesson:

The Reality of White Ignorance

False equivalence is what happens when you are led to believe that two things should be given equal weight in your considerations as you come to any given decision, while those two things are not in any way actually equivalent.

Karen Topham- “The Danger Of False Equivalence”
A use of the false equivalence by right wing whites pertains to the issues of history and cultural identification. For example, there are whites who have been whining for years about why they cannot have a white history month. To ask this question, one must either be severely mentally challenged, suffering from psychosis, or are a racist purposefully building a strawman. I am always stumped when I am asked that question. Are these people really that stupid?

How plain does it need to be made? The founders of this nation were all white men. Do we need to say that 55 white men founded this nation for whites to feel they have been given their accurate place in American history? Do we describe George Washington as the first white president and continue to name 45 presidents as the white presidents for some whites to understand just how much white history has been taught?

There are whites who complain about Historically Black Colleges. The fact a school is named Harvard doesn’t exclude the fact that Harvard is historically white. I can say that for almost every university, private or public, in this country. Blacks built colleges because we weren’t allowed into historically white colleges and today just because whites don’t call these colleges exactly what they are, we must endure the white grievance section of America whining about HBCU’s like there is no such things as an HWCU.

We see, read and hear the same faction in the white community whining about the NAACP and white civil rights. They believe that whites are losing their civil rights. How do you figure? What rights have whites lost?

“It's totally racist to have Black History Month, Black Music Awards, Black only magazines... If whites had White Music Awards or something like that, all the snowflakes, white and brown, would go apeshit. And there would be a massive run on bananas.”

“If you replaced everything with a White, it would not be taken well by minorities of this country.
I.E replace Farrakhan with David Duke, and replace African American interests, with White American interests.... How would minorities react to that?”

USMB Member

People can’t be this dumb. For years ABC might have well stood for American Broadcasting for Caucasians. NBC, National Broadcasting for Caucasians and CBS the Caucasian Broadcasting Service. The lack of black reporters news anchors, news shows and entertainment broadcast on these networks is why Black Entertainment Television was founded.

This is the reality of white ignorance.

anyone that has done strip searches on a regular basis, 10+ years as a Corrections officer, can tell you that's a myth.
You work in law enforcement and yet if I say law enforcement is full of racists you want to disagree.

Forum List

Back