Links?

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
I posted a thread in Media, where I asked a simple question of those who watch Tucker Carlson (I do not)

It was immediately locked with the question (emoticon, actually) asking for a "link"

I asked a question, there is no "link" to my question, I'm not parroting a story from the internet. My only request is for a certain moderator to get a clue. Thank you.

I posted a thread in Media, where I asked a simple question of those who watch Tucker Carlson (I do not)

It was immediately locked with the question (emoticon, actually) asking for a "link"

I asked a question, there is no "link" to my question, I'm not parroting a story from the internet. My only request is for a certain moderator to get a clue. Thank you.
In media?

We get a new mod or something?

Here is your thread:

You asked "What is Tucker Carlson saying about the Ukraine"

yet you neglected to link to what he was saying.

THAT is the reason it was closed.

PS you should have IMed a mod about your question.

I posted a thread in Media, where I asked a simple question of those who watch Tucker Carlson (I do not) It was immediately locked with the question (emoticon, actually) asking for a "link" I asked a question, there is no "link" to my question, I'm not parroting a story from the internet. My only request is for a certain moderator to get a clue. Thank you.

:link:

If I asked, "WHAT is Biden saying about....."

Why would I search out what he's saying and link to it? ThecOP has a good point.

No, he doesn't.

Tucker has an hour show, 5 days a week.

Why should someone have to look up what Tucker said, to find out what he is talking about.

OP needs to provide more, for a clean OP

No, he doesn't.

Tucker has an hour show, 5 days a week.

Why should someone have to look up what Tucker said, to find out what he is talking about.

OP needs to provide more, for a clean OP
I'm asking for their opinion, not a link to some rightwing/leftwing website. Have you forgotten the very essence of discussion, and the personal exchange of ideas and opinions?

Tulsi is on Fox good God she is getting cutier

I'm asking for their opinion, not a link to some rightwing/leftwing website. Have you forgotten the very essence of discussion, and the personal exchange of ideas and opinions?

Oh that's rich.. You refuse to link to Fox but want to discuss Tucker Carlson views on Ukraine/Russia? We're not a news feed. We're a discussion board. You didn't frame a discussion. It was like dialing 411.

What was it YOU HEARD that needs explanation?
Do you have the ORIGINAL source to those quotes?

THAT'S what's required to have a discussion.

You can HAVE a thread with an opinion and no link. But if QUOTE facts or just assume somebody said it -- because you heard it on some podcast -- THEN -- you need a link.

Besides Odanny -- TWO of your comrades did THIS RIGHT about a week ago. Which makes your 411 call for info -- too little -- too late. Been discussed.

I'll give ya the links so you can catch up.. :up:

We're not a news feed. We're a discussion board.

No, you're pretty much a news feed. Collectively speaking, of course.

More specifically, a kind of cable news entertainment feed. Pretty much just an extention of whatever teleprompter the millionaire on the idiot box is reading to the masses. Topical content is routinely a mirror image of whatever low-value smut that the cable news entertainment industry heads decide to throw out there to see what sticks.

To your credit, pretty much all modern 'discussion boards' are like that.

Last edited:
In fact, after thinking on it a few minutes longer, I'd contend that actual discussion isn't really possible in this atmosphere. Not really. It's not even encouraged.

And there's a lot of reasons for that. It's a top-down phenomenon, ultimately.

Again, though, it's pretty much the same these days, no matter what 'message board' one happens to be flipping through.

In times like these, when the flotsam and jetsam of mainstream programming is left littered all over the lansdcape, to the point that it becomes the primary ingredient or driver, echo chambers (preferably politically active ones with detailed misson statements,) are a valuable fall-back to escape all of the white noise and to really discuss perspective on just how badly society is crumbling.

Last edited:
No, you're pretty much a news feed. Collectively speaking, of course.

More specifically, a kind of cable news entertainment feed. Pretty much just an extention of whatever teleprompter the millionaire on the idiot box is reading to the masses. Topical content is routinely a mirror image of whatever low-value smut that the cable news entertainment industry heads decide to throw out there to see what sticks.

To your credit, pretty much all modern 'discussion boards' are like that.

So when's the last time you were booked on "smutty" cable news to give opinions and ask the questions? And had an ACTUALLY balanced panel of participants?

We are smuttier than we NEED to be. If folks would discuss HONESTLY and with a little ACTUAL EFFORT -- would be the BEST of media as a whole.

Dreaming? Yeah, kinda. But you CAN teach old trolls new tricks. Unless they slept thru K-12. We've had some 15 yrs old on here that could that.

Forum List

Back