Limbaugh / Hannity Ratings Plummeting from mis-information and attacks on Ron Paul

From what I have heard, Rush spends most of his time critisizing Romney, not Paul.

He talks about all of the candidates, both pros and cons. However, Paulatics think anything other than, "Ron Paul is the Second Coming! I can't wait to kiss his ass!" is a hateful, unwarranted attack.

Someone should really invent a medication to treat these third-party Cult of Personality wackos who spawn every election. They could make millions.

No.. What the Constitutional Conservatives get upset about is When the straw poll results come in and they say Bachmann Finished (From offering concert tickets) 1st and this person finished 3rd, but what is really important is that Rick Perry finished with 800 votes. "We have a new top tier it is Perry, Bachman, and Romney." Who finished Second?

Or.. when the NH results are being broadcasted Romney wins with 38% and the real story is when you take out RP's 24% of the vote, Hunstman finishes second.

Another example, Ron Paul dominates in all straw polls leading up to Florida and they are regarded as "Not Important." But suddenly Herman Cain wins the Florida straw poll that was flooded with bussed in supporters from all over the state he becomes the Front Runner?...

Or.. when they cut Ron Paul off to go to commercial during the debates and they hold off the commercial for Perry and Romney.

We do not care that you have a different opinion then ours, but we would just like a fair shake.

I guess it's a sign that Hannity and Limbaugh are fair and balanced. Even if it's happening, the Paulistas will be back. Where else are they gonna go?

Cavuto, Stossel, or Freedom Watch (Which is skyrocketing in ratings, from the last I heard)

Cavuto and Stossel are good guys but they aren't political commentators. Cavuto is an economist and Stossel is more like a consumer advocate. Where the hell is "freedom watch?Anybody tell you that Limbaugh ain't on TV? The use of words like "plummeting" and "skyrocketing" is interesting. I think it indicates wishful thinking.

From what I have heard, Rush spends most of his time critisizing Romney, not Paul.

He talks about all of the candidates, both pros and cons. However, Paulatics think anything other than, "Ron Paul is the Second Coming! I can't wait to kiss his ass!" is a hateful, unwarranted attack.

Someone should really invent a medication to treat these third-party Cult of Personality wackos who spawn every election. They could make millions.

No.. What the Constitutional Conservatives get upset about is When the straw poll results come in and they say Bachmann Finished (From offering concert tickets) 1st and this person finished 3rd, but what is really important is that Rick Perry finished with 800 votes. "We have a new top tier it is Perry, Bachman, and Romney." Who finished Second?

Or.. when the NH results are being broadcasted Romney wins with 38% and the real story is when you take out RP's 24% of the vote, Hunstman finishes second.

Another example, Ron Paul dominates in all straw polls leading up to Florida and they are regarded as "Not Important." But suddenly Herman Cain wins the Florida straw poll that was flooded with bussed in supporters from all over the state he becomes the Front Runner?...

Or.. when they cut Ron Paul off to go to commercial during the debates and they hold off the commercial for Perry and Romney.

We do not care that you have a different opinion then ours, but we would just like a fair shake.

Are we talking about Rush and Hannity, or are we talking about some other vaguely-defined group now? With Paulatics, who the fuck can tell, because crazy people are incapable of sticking to a subject.

Whine to someone who cares about your hero's woes. He's nuts, you're nuts, and every fucking one of you should be castrated if your egomania leads to a second Obama term.

The more you talk, the less I take you OR Ron "My eyes spin in different directions" Paul seriously. Just so you know what a salesman you really are for your savior.

It is important because somewhat of Hannity, but more Limbaugh viewers are more in-line as being tea party or true constitutional conservatives. The bashing and bias has been obvious and disgusting to the political process and people that take into the issues (not the entertainment) recognize this.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an influx of viewership to the Stossel's and Freedom Watch shows on Fox Business. Also, I am sure as this continues there will be more "fair" RP segments on the Levins, Hannity's, Limbaughs of this world.

...which links to the original Crain's New York business article which reports that on WABC in New Yawk city the bloviating oracles are both down by the reported amounts according to Arbitron ratings service.

You are missing or ignoring the point.

It was ONE STATION, in ONE MARKET, where the report said the ratings were down. HOW is that an indication of the nation as a whole, or even important enough to whine like a butt-fucked pig about like you are here???

After the Occupy movement, CONZ rhetoric doesn't match the reality.

Even Sarah Palin is calling for Romney to "show and tell" on Bain Capital deals.

It appears your sheep have been "thinking" conservatives.

It's a such a hoot listening to the insane followers of the insane Ron Paul calling OTHER people "neo-con". How much more fucking "neo" can a person be than Ron "Pull the covers over your head and the bad guys will disappear" Paul? The shithead's a Libertarian, for Christ's sake . . . until he needs to switch parties for an election to try to feed his frigging ego. Then suddenly he wants to run around claiming HE'S the "original conservative", and the brain-damaged cultists drooling after him repeat it in their numb zombie voices.

You didn't read it did you? Huffington Post directs you to this site.
Rush Limbaugh's Ratings Have Fallen 30% In The Last Six Months

Also says nothing about the reason for the drop.

Also dated last May.

How many Fox watchers actually worry about ratings? None? People who are ultra sensitive to ratings are people who desperately hope their low rated shows stay on the air. You gotta laugh at Huffington trying to give a pep talk to left wing and fringe viewers.

Reported in Hufferpost, but...linked to the Business Insider report on the subject, which links to the original Crain's New York business article which reports that on WABC in New Yawk city the bloviating oracles are both down by the reported amounts according to Arbitron ratings service. This is not nationwide as implied in Huffer's Post, or BI, just in that one market.

maybe the OP should have done a little research, instead of taking something in HuffPo as Gospel.

I'm just sayin.
You didn't read it did you? Huffington Post directs you to this site.
Rush Limbaugh's Ratings Have Fallen 30% In The Last Six Months

I went to all the trouble to follow the links and didn't bother to look at the date of the article. My bad.

So, in the six months prior to May 2011, the programs in question were down by roughly a third each at WABC in New Yawk city.

Its New Yawk, and the campaigns had not actually cranked up. I'm not in the NY media market, far from it, and the article offers no "why". But it is NY, and given what I know now as opposed to when I first took notice of this thread, I gotta reevaluate how I spend my computer time.

The story is incomplete. First, the story went to state both Limbaugh and Hannity STILL have the highest rated shows. Second, the story did not address how the ratings drop off of Limbaugh's show is compared to ratings of other shows.
The reporter is lazy.
Whomever did this story should have in the interest of journalistic integrity, researched the ratings for ALL other comparable shows in similar demographics.
The readers have no idea to the extent the ratings drop is.
Unanswered questions the writer should have addressed..: is the drop resulting in a new increase in ratings of other radio programming?. Are the same number of listeners in the market, or are there fewer people listening to terrestrial radio having switched to satellite radio or on line content? For example, listeners tuning in on line are NOT counted in Arbitron ratings ..I am listening to Rush on line right now. Arbitron does NOT know I am here. They have no way of measuring internet listenership.
I really get aggravated with sloppy shitty reporting. Clearly the writer of this story has an anti conservative talk radio bias. Why do I state this? Because the writer did not mention any liberal talk radio programs. That is what makes this a bullshit piece of journalism.

True, but this is just the tip of the ice berg. A lot of people, not just RP supporters are getting turned off from Hannity and Levin (personally, I haven't heard Limbaugh mentioned) for blatant lies and attacks on RP. These are hardcore listeners, book buyers, podcasters, and tea party ralliers who are calling out these two.

Just wanted to share it with the community.

Your opinion is duly noted.

I guess it's a sign that Hannity and Limbaugh are fair and balanced. Even if it's happening, the Paulistas will be back. Where else are they gonna go?

Cavuto, Stossel, or Freedom Watch (Which is skyrocketing in ratings, from the last I heard)

Cavuto and Stossel are good guys but they aren't political commentators. Cavuto is an economist and Stossel is more like a consumer advocate. Where the hell is "freedom watch?Anybody tell you that Limbaugh ain't on TV? The use of words like "plummeting" and "skyrocketing" is interesting. I think it indicates wishful thinking.

What is interesting is that when the Judge (Host of Freedom Watch) filled in for Glenn Beck he was able to maintain and at some points exceed his viewership as a fill-in host.

Are we talking about Rush and Hannity, or are we talking about some other vaguely-defined group now? With Paulatics, who the fuck can tell, because crazy people are incapable of sticking to a subject.

Whine to someone who cares about your hero's woes. He's nuts, you're nuts, and every fucking one of you should be castrated if your egomania leads to a second Obama term.

The more you talk, the less I take you OR Ron "My eyes spin in different directions" Paul seriously. Just so you know what a salesman you really are for your savior.

All you accomplish is how arrogant and uneducated you are on history and facts. I am not a salesman of Paul, but a supporter of liberty and freedom. Ron Paul has demonstrated he is uncorruptable and it deserves to be noticed.

If you would turn off the Mark Levin's of this world for one afternoon and look at the polling data, you would see Obama is more threatened by Ron Paul then the GOP establishment. He would draw more votes from independents and dissatisfied liberals then fear spouting neo-cons such as yourself.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/1384423378001/

Last edited:
In the same time period Hannity's and Rush's ratings were dropping, we see MSNBC ratings rising: MSNBC Continues To Top CNN In Prime Time – May 2011 Ratings - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

Must be because they are such huge Ron Paul supporters!

A lot of moderate conservatives are dis-satisfied with the war and the empire.

I am not making the case it is that everyone is a die hard RP supporter, but the case that maybe people recognize the fact that these guys are being unrealistic and unfair with the coverage.

I'm listening to Rush right now streaming on the web from WLS Chicago... but who gives a flyin' fuck?

Hannity, don't really like him. He parades his favorites on and off his show and it's obvious he's pushing them... Palin, Cheney, Morris, etc... none of which I want to listen to a damn thing they have to say.

Forum List

Back