LilOlLady's Everlasting Gobstopper Illegal Immigration Thread

please don't hold your breath waiting for that repeal, just deport all illegals.

It wouldn't need to be repealed. The idea is that it was never ratified.

From a practical standpoint, it is never going to be ruled invalid, so the statements presented in the article linked aren't really significant in practice.

Repealing the 14th amendment would get very expensive.

Think of how many claims would be filed against the US Government by southern farmers for reimbursement for loss of slaves.

Kind of like giving citizenship to children of illegal aliens? Already expensive. Kind of like deporting illegal aliens? so they are released?
It can be amended to include slaves and not illegal aliens. The 14th amendendment had nothing to do with ending slavery, but give citizenship to ex slaves.

What a load of bunk

1. Connecticut (June 25, 1866)
2. New Hampshire (July 6, 1866)
3. Tennessee (July 19, 1866)
4. New Jersey (September 11, 1866)*
5. Oregon (September 19, 1866)
6. Vermont (October 30, 1866)
7. Ohio (January 4, 1867)*
8. New York (January 10, 1867)
9. Kansas (January 11, 1867)
10. Illinois (January 15, 1867)
11. West Virginia (January 16, 1867)
12. Michigan (January 16, 1867)
13. Minnesota (January 16, 1867)
14. Maine (January 19, 1867)
15. Nevada (January 22, 1867)
16. Indiana (January 23, 1867)
17. Missouri (January 25, 1867)
18. Rhode Island (February 7, 1867)
19. Wisconsin (February 7, 1867)
20. Pennsylvania (February 12, 1867)
21. Massachusetts (March 20, 1867)
22. Nebraska (June 15, 1867)
23. Iowa (March 16, 1868)
24. Arkansas (April 6, 1868)
25. Florida (June 9, 1868)
26. North Carolina (July 4, 1868, after having rejected it on December 14, 1866)
27. Louisiana (July 9, 1868, after having rejected it on February 6, 1867)
28. South Carolina (July 9, 1868, after having rejected it on December 20, 1866)

Ohio and NJ tried to rescind their ratifications, which could have legally made ratification a mess but

1. Alabama (July 13, 1868, the date the ratification was "approved" by the governor)
2. Georgia (July 21, 1868, after having rejected it on November 9, 1866)

before any such cases could be heard these two states ratified the Amendment, giving Steward the 28 he needed and so on July 28, 1866 the 14th was declared to be part of the COTUS.

Earth to stupid the 13th amendment is the one that ended slavery!

Repealing the 14th amendment would get very expensive.

Think of how many claims would be filed against the US Government by southern farmers for reimbursement for loss of slaves.

allow me to add

1. Virginia (October 8, 1869, after having rejected it on January 9, 1867)
2. Mississippi (January 17, 1870)
3. Texas (February 18, 1870, after having rejected it on October 27, 1866)
4. Delaware (February 12, 1901, after having rejected it on February 7, 1867)
5. Maryland (1959)
6. California (1959)
7. Oregon (1973, after withdrawing it on October 15, 1868)
8. Kentucky (1976, after having rejected it on January 8, 1867)
9. New Jersey (2003, after having rescinded on February 20, 1868)
10. Ohio (2003, after having rescinded on January 15, 1868)

But if any of the southern states want to claim they did not ratify the 14th, hey that's cool then by the conditions of The Reconstruction Act they did not fulfill their obligations and thus were never eligible for re entry to the Union and probably owe trillions of dollars to the federal government and oh yeah their citizens are no longer US citizens, I doubt anyone wants to go that route.

Couple points:

I see the 14th amendment as the Constitution's equivalent of the infield fly rule. It's a good rule. We shouldn't repeal it just because we don't like the brown-skinned guy who automatically got to third base on an infield pop-up.

Second point: when does this type of "change with the times" argument make sense and when is it just an attempt to subvert the inalienable rights that make this country unique and special? If we ought to abolish the 14th amendment because the specific circumstances that prompted its creation no longer apply, then let's just kill the 2nd amendment, too, since those who are called to organize militias are issued government weapons and don't need to bring their own. I don't believe that the 2nd amendment ought to be repealed. My point is that you can't use one line of argument to make one point and then forsake it to defend another. That's pretty disingenuous bordering on retarded.

14th Amendment does not need to be changed, perhaps a better solution is to enforce the laws rather than look the other way. It seems to me that if our nation can pour billions upon billions into the rebuilding of other nations we can at the very least direct some of that funding to protecting our own by enforcing the laws and keep the border safe. That does not take striking the 14th Amendment from the constitution.

Yeah..that consitution shit..makes me really scratch my head and wonder, "what the fuck is wrong with this country"?
Schmucks like you hiding behind the Constitution is the lowest form of sanctimony there is, junior.

He tries to hide behind the Constitution while at the same time ignoring it's intent. There is no such legal citizenship awarded to "anchor babies". I listen to those who wrote the Constitution for the intent of it.

"Every Person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons.
Senator Jacob Howard, Co-author of the citizenship clause of the 14th Amendment, 1866.

Does this mean Dude is over his love affair with the 10th Amendment?

LilOleLady, you need to tell us exactly why you hate Mexicans so much and quit beating around the bush. If you or yours have been harmed in some way, we might sympathize....but demonizing the whole illegal immigrant population every damned day with a new (and ever-more silly) thread ain't doing a thing to advance your POV.

WTF is the problem, Ma'am?

Yeah..that consitution shit..makes me really scratch my head and wonder, "what the fuck is wrong with this country"?
Schmucks like you hiding behind the Constitution is the lowest form of sanctimony there is, junior.

He tries to hide behind the Constitution while at the same time ignoring it's intent. There is no such legal citizenship awarded to "anchor babies". I listen to those who wrote the Constitution for the intent of it.

"Every Person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons.
Senator Jacob Howard, Co-author of the citizenship clause of the 14th Amendment, 1866.

You "listen" to them? Are you channeling them, Walt?

Apparently you do not listen well. The children of illegal immigrants are not members of the families of foreign ministers, you dolt. They are US citizens.

What a patriot "not my president" lofl
The 14th ain't changing, and don't fuck with my gridlock by trying to run on this or overturning Obama. Grow a pair and get a new idea.

He wasn't "my president", junior.

I haven't voted for a single remocrat or depublican since '94.

You should've picked up a program when you came in the door.

You may not have voted for him, but you sure get awful defensive when someone brings him up.. Just sayin'

Bitching about Bush at this juncture has as much weight as bringing up kerfuffle of Obama's birth certificate, it's just irrelevant.

Sounds like some people need to read the 14th and then read Wong and then realize that all we need is a case brought before the SCOTUS and if they deem that yes "anchor babies" are citizens then as much as some of you fools don't like it, we do have the right to Amend the COTUS if we as a group want to. Those who claim that changing the COTUS is wrong are the stupid ones.

14TH AMENDMENT NO LONGER NEEDED

The 14th amendment has long served it purpose and is no longer needed. It was brought forth to ensure citizenship for newly freed slaves. Since we no longer have “newly freed slaves” the 14th amendment is no longer needed and should be eliminated. It is now being gravely mis-used to give citizenship to children of illegal aliens and American born children of illegal aliens are not newly freed slaves and the 14th amendment do not apply to them.
I am with Lindsey Graham on this one. It is no longer needed and is only an incentive for illegal aliens women to come here to drop their babies here in hope they can be anchors for them. Children here born to illegal aliens should be citizens of their parents country.
:clap2:

No Amendment is EVER eliminated. Every Amendment ever passed is still on the books for a reason.

A REMINDER to future Generations of Mistakes made.

You can only Negate an Amendment with Another Amendment. You can not "eliminate" an Amendment.

For Example the Amendment that Made Alcohol illegal is still on the Books, and is simply Negated by an Amendment that Repealed it. It is there to remind us if we ever decide to out law Booze again, that we have been there and done that, and it didn't work out so well. It is important to Read the Entire Document for this reason as well, because you can not assume an amendment is still law until you have read them all and made sure none have negated the others.

Why do you think we never removed the part that Said Slaves were 2/3 of a person? Would it not make more sense to expunge that from the Record. Our Founding fathers did not think so, They wanted Reminders left in. That is why you can not eliminate an Amendment you can only Override it with another.

That said, I agree in principle with the Fact that the 14TH amendment is often Abused. People Regularly Attempt to Come Here illegally and then Have Children. We need to Amend it to somehow stop that Practice for sure.

Last edited:
Without the constitution, this country is dead. What we have to stop is letting people hold us hostage with this 'gd piece of paper'. Liberals love to interprete it as a give-away-the-USA document; the conservatives cling to it like they do the bible.

Forum List

Back