Life On Venus ?

I am very sure that within the next 50 years we will locate alien life within our own solar system. After we do that it will completely alter our perspective when it comes to the occurrence of life in the universe. What are the odds of it occurring more than once in one solar system if it's truly such a rare thing? I think it's possible that life will exist anywhere it is capable of existing.
Wrong. Earth is the only planet in the entire universe with life.

Mankind has sent 80 probes to Mars and has yet to find life there. There never was life on Mars.

Life cannot ever be spontaneously generated. The only reason we explore Mars is to try to prove God does not exist and did not create life. You cannot create life on a barren sterile planet. Only God can speak it in to being in such a place.

God created life as an extension of His love, because His love is never ending, and He created us as His Children to love us, and The Universe was Created for Mankind to Explore in eternity. But we rejected that gift, lost it, and will never leave our own Solar System and explore other worlds and colonize them like we were intended because now we have death, disease, wars, and rot and deterioration and entropy.

Only when The Redeemer restores us to Eternity and abolishes the dimension of time can we live, love and explore forever "worlds without end"

I am very sure that within the next 50 years we will locate alien life within our own solar system. After we do that it will completely alter our perspective when it comes to the occurrence of life in the universe. What are the odds of it occurring more than once in one solar system if it's truly such a rare thing? I think it's possible that life will exist anywhere it is capable of existing.

Mankind has sent 80 probes to Mars and has yet to find life there. There never was life on Mars.

Life cannot ever be spontaneously generated. The only reason we explore Mars is to try to prove God does not exist and did not create life. You cannot create life on a barren sterile planet. Only God can speak it in to being in such a place.

God created life as an extension of His love, because His love is never ending, and He created us as His Children to love us, and The Universe was Created for Mankind to Explore in eternity. But we rejected that gift, lost it, and will never leave our own Solar System and explore other worlds and colonize them like we were intended because now we have death, disease, wars, and rot and deterioration and entropy.

Only when The Redeemer restores us to Eternity and abolishes the dimension of time can we live, love and explore forever "worlds without end"

This is the Science and Technology subforum.

Religion and Philosophy is that way ---->

I'm sorry, Did God founding the Laws of The Universe offend you?

Einstein said that "Science Proves there is a God"

Or is it just that you cannot disprove that we are all the product of design at the hands of an Intelligent Watchmaker?

Creation Science is Science.

Atheism is Religion.

I'm sorry, Did God founding the Laws of The Universe offend you?

Einstein said that "Science Proves there is a God"

Or is it just that you cannot disprove that we are all the product of design at the hands of an Intelligent Watchmaker?

Creation Science is Science.

Atheism is Religion.

I'm not an atheist. I'm just not going to have this debate in the Science and Technology subforum.

Venus has so far not been a significant part of the search for life because of its extreme temperatures, atmospheric composition and other factors.

In a study published in the journal Nature Astronomy on Monday, scientists said they detected a gas called "phosphine" in the atmosphere of Venus which could indicate the presence of life in the clouds of the planet.

"Life on Venus? The discovery of phosphine, a by-product of anaerobic biology, is the most significant development yet in building the case for life off Earth," Bridenstine said in a tweet on Monday.

"About 10 years ago NASA discovered microbial life at 120,000 ft in Earth's upper atmosphere. It's time to prioritize Venus," he added.

Although the high clouds of Venus have temperatures up to a pleasant 30 degrees Celsius, they are incredibly acidic -- around 90 per cent sulphuric acid -- posing major issues for any microbes trying to survive there.

But doing an analysis of the source of "phosphine" detected in the atmosphere of Venus, the scientists ruled out non-biological sources, meaning that something alive could be the source.

The team, which included researchers from the UK, US and Japan, believes their discovery is significant because they can rule out many alternative ways to make phosphine, but they acknowledged that confirming the presence of "life" needs a lot more work.

NASA, which was not involved in this research, has an extensive astrobiology programme that searches for life in many different ways across the solar system and beyond.

"Over the past two decades, we've made new discoveries that collectively imply a significant increase of the likelihood to find life elsewhere," NASA said in a statement after the surprising finding.

As with an increasing number of planetary bodies, Venus is proving to be an exciting place of discovery, it added.

Two of the next four candidate missions for NASA's Discovery Programme are focused on Venus, as is Europe's EnVision mission, in which NASA is a partner.

"Venus also is a planetary destination we can reach with smaller missions," NASA said.

"Time to Prioritise Venus": NASA after sign of life in the Planet's atmosphere
There is no life on Venus, and they have not detected life on Venus

Venus has so far not been a significant part of the search for life because of its extreme temperatures, atmospheric composition and other factors.

In a study published in the journal Nature Astronomy on Monday, scientists said they detected a gas called "phosphine" in the atmosphere of Venus which could indicate the presence of life in the clouds of the planet.

"Life on Venus? The discovery of phosphine, a by-product of anaerobic biology, is the most significant development yet in building the case for life off Earth," Bridenstine said in a tweet on Monday.

"About 10 years ago NASA discovered microbial life at 120,000 ft in Earth's upper atmosphere. It's time to prioritize Venus," he added.

Although the high clouds of Venus have temperatures up to a pleasant 30 degrees Celsius, they are incredibly acidic -- around 90 per cent sulphuric acid -- posing major issues for any microbes trying to survive there.

But doing an analysis of the source of "phosphine" detected in the atmosphere of Venus, the scientists ruled out non-biological sources, meaning that something alive could be the source.

The team, which included researchers from the UK, US and Japan, believes their discovery is significant because they can rule out many alternative ways to make phosphine, but they acknowledged that confirming the presence of "life" needs a lot more work.

NASA, which was not involved in this research, has an extensive astrobiology programme that searches for life in many different ways across the solar system and beyond.

"Over the past two decades, we've made new discoveries that collectively imply a significant increase of the likelihood to find life elsewhere," NASA said in a statement after the surprising finding.

As with an increasing number of planetary bodies, Venus is proving to be an exciting place of discovery, it added.

Two of the next four candidate missions for NASA's Discovery Programme are focused on Venus, as is Europe's EnVision mission, in which NASA is a partner.

"Venus also is a planetary destination we can reach with smaller missions," NASA said.

"Time to Prioritise Venus": NASA after sign of life in the Planet's atmosphere

I am of the belief that if life is possible and can be sustained then it will exist. If there are bacterias in Venus' upper atmosphere then that would make the argument that they were born off asteroids and meteorites, proving that most life is spread through collisions.

I imagine a scenario where 3 billion years ago a planet full of life like earth was destroyed and the pieces of the planets crusts flew in every direction through the galaxy, randomly colliding with new planets, seeding life.

I remember being so very disappointed when the first news of Venus' atmosphere came back showing that it was a hellish planet. In my youth, I always imagined that beneath all the clouds were vast jungles and strange creatures. Reality can sometimes suck.

Forum List

Back