Liberals: The era of Reaganomics is finally over

Some Republicans are trying to make the 2014 elections about the economy. Would be a real shame if six years of hard work by the Democrats starts to really pay off and a solid, real recovery starts to become obvious. The Republicans might have to fall back on their "rally the base" strategy.

Some Republicans are trying to make the 2014 elections about the economy. Would be a real shame if six years of hard work by the Democrats starts to really pay off and a solid, real recovery starts to become obvious. The Republicans might have to fall back on their "rally the base" strategy.

Yeah, I'm sure the sixth summer of recovery is going to be the one. Did you fail to see the job numbers released today? The chances of obies policies resulting in an economic boon are 0%.

Yeah, I'm sure the sixth summer of recovery is going to be the one. Did you fail to see the job numbers released today? The chances of obies policies resulting in an economic boon are 0%.

Department of Labor Commissioner Erica L. Groshen testified at a Joint Economic Committee hearing on the December 2013 employment report.
December 2013 Employment Report - C-SPAN Video Library

Department of Labor Commissioner Erica L. Groshen testified at a Joint Economic Committee hearing on the December 2013 employment report.
So you saw the news, care to address it?

You give me a sound bite and I give you the hour long Congressional briefing and want me to "address it". Would you like a summary? Democrats asked some questions. Republicans asked some questions. The Republicans really sounded like they did not like the report and kept asking questions about how the treads were actually very negative. I really am beginning to wonder if Republicans have America's best interests in mind.

Reagan Grew Government More than Any President in My Lifetime

Non Military Government Employees by President

Ronald Reagan
- Started: 2,875,000
- Ended: 3,113,000

Reagan EXPANDED the Federal Workforce by 238,000

Bill Clinton
- Started: 3,083,000
- Ended: 2,703,000

Clinton REDUCED the Federal Workforce by 380,000

George W Bush
- Started: 2,703,000
- Ended: 2,756,000

Bush EXPANDED the Federal Workforce by 53,000

Obama's numbers cannot be tallied yet because he is still in office, but here are some interesting facts.

By the end of 2010, the United States had less employees than we did at the end of Reagan even though the population has grown from 226,545,805 to approximately 330,000,000 in 2010.

REAGAN VERSUS OBAMA
1988 — 3,113,000 

2010— 2,840,000

In his 3rd year Reagan added 1.2 million government employees, which not only improved his employment stats, but it put more spenders/consumers in the economy which prevented main street layoffs.

By contrast Obama laid-off 250,000 government employees during his 3rd year.

(Do you understand the Reagan hoax?)

Reagan created the biggest government this country has ever had.

Last edited:

You give me a sound bite and I give you the hour long Congressional briefing and want me to "address it". Would you like a summary? Democrats asked some questions. Republicans asked some questions. The Republicans really sounded like they did not like the report and kept asking questions about how the treads were actually very negative. I really am beginning to wonder if Republicans have America's best interests in mind.
I was actually wanting to see if you understood the totality of what is happening here. The best part about math is the numbers are finite. People asking questions isn't so much as important than what the questions are that relate to the reality of the math. I'm not here to make you feel good about yourself or your chosen party. I'm certainly not interested in participating in the left wing bullshit universe of maybe's and moving the goal posts to who has who's best interest in mind with nothing but speeches. You can talk out of your ass all day long. The math of your policies doesn't change. In the Obama economy more people left the work force than actually got a job to support themselves. At a ratio of 5-1. That is math, it's economics, it's reality. What problem do you have other than interjecting your feelings into this equasion?

The best interest in America should begin with using the real numbers in informing people about how this economy is failing. Less words, more reality.

You seem to still have a problem processing the math and therefore the reality of the job report.

reagan grew government more than any president in my lifetime

non military government employees by president

ronald reagan
- started: 2,875,000
- ended: 3,113,000

reagan expanded the federal workforce by 238,000

bill clinton
- started: 3,083,000
- ended: 2,703,000

clinton reduced the federal workforce by 380,000

george w bush
- started: 2,703,000
- ended: 2,756,000

bush expanded the federal workforce by 53,000

obama's numbers cannot be tallied yet because he is still in office, but here are some interesting facts.

by the end of 2010, the united states had less employees than we did at the end of reagan even though the population has grown from 226,545,805 to approximately 330,000,000 in 2010.

reagan versus obama
1988 — 3,113,000 

2010— 2,840,000

in his 3rd year reagan added 1.2 million government employees, which not only improved his employment stats, but it put more spenders/consumers in the economy which prevented main street layoffs.

by contrast obama laid-off 250,000 government employees during his 3rd year.

(do you understand the reagan hoax?)

reagan created the biggest government this country has ever had.

so you are a REGAN fan right

It's called taking care of the victims of Bushies wrecking the world, and the TP MORONS blocking any help for the economy, which was ruined by Reaganomics 1981-2009- and still is...Pub dupes lol...

So you think the Regan republicans are the problem
I think the Obama Democrats are the problem.

We are both right but funny Regan believed that the Government was and is the Problem

But JFK had it right = Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country....Try it is works....in other words expect nothing for free and apply yourself and you will not require government help.

so you are a REGAN fan right

I actually appreciated the fact that Reagan governed as a moderate in many areas. He, arguably, saved social security (and refused to privatize it). He raised taxes several times after, by his own admission, overcorrecting in 1981. From a domestic policy perspective, Reagan and Clinton were very close, save a few percentage points on the taxes of the top bracket. With strategic tariffs against Japan, he intervened in the economy and protected US car manufacturers, a move today's free market folks would never approve of.

Here is an interesting article about the difference between Reagan's extremist rhetoric and his moderate policy approach. When you look at his actual policies, and his willingness to meet Tip 1/2 way (combining revenue w/spending cuts), you see a Republican who would not survive a Koch funded primary.

As governor of California, Reagan passed the most Liberal abortion and Amnesty policies this nation has ever seen. As for family and religious values, he was a divorced man, estranged from two of his children ... and he rarely set foot in church. He didn't pivot to Evangelicals until he needed the Heartland and South to finally break the New Deal Coalition which delivered rural America (especially in the Solid South) to the Dems for 40 years.

Also, he was a HUGE deficit spender. Carter was from the old pay-as-you go America, with very moderate deficits. Reagan, on the other hand, had no problem going deeply into debt. In fact, he asked for 17 debt limit increases to fund things like his Star Wars Missile Defense Shield, not to mention all the tax breaks for his leaner/meaner corporate class that was quietly shifting production to cheaper labor markets in Communist China. But the point is: Reagan successfully fueled the economy by growing the federal workforce and spending like LBJ on steroids. By today's standard, he would be a Lieberman Democrat. He would not qualify for today's GOP. (I'm talking about the actual Reagan, not the one strategically constructed by movement conservativism so that the Right can have an FDR-like hero to rally the sheeple)

Last edited:

I was actually wanting to see if you understood the totality of what is happening here. The best part about math is the numbers are finite. People asking questions isn't so much as important than what the questions are that relate to the reality of the math. I'm not here to make you feel good about yourself or your chosen party. I'm certainly not interested in participating in the left wing bullshit universe of maybe's and moving the goal posts to who has who's best interest in mind with nothing but speeches. You can talk out of your ass all day long. The math of your policies doesn't change. In the Obama economy more people left the work force than actually got a job to support themselves. At a ratio of 5-1. That is math, it's economics, it's reality. What problem do you have other than interjecting your feelings into this equasion?

The best interest in America should begin with using the real numbers in informing people about how this economy is failing. Less words, more reality.

You seem to still have a problem processing the math and therefore the reality of the job report.

Working out exactly what you are saying here is a bit beyond my capabilities. I would like to make a little comment on your "numbers are finite" statement. Just because you can only count to 10 does not mean numbers are finite. :disbelief:

Both Parties are for Off-Shoring, Business Visas and Illegals...The Brain Child of the Wall Streeters who owned Reagan.
Yes, Reaganomics is good for ANYONE of ANY Party in a position to take advantage of the Global Employee Pool that greedy a$$es such as Rush gush over.
And it's STILL ruining the US.

Obama is a phony MD with a Band-Aid...All talk and weak suggestions.

It's called taking care of the victims of Bushies wrecking the world, and the TP MORONS blocking any help for the economy, which was ruined by Reaganomics 1981-2009- and still is...Pub dupes lol...

We are both right but funny Regan believed that the Government was and is the Problem

But JFK had it right = Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country....Try it is works....in other words expect nothing for free and apply yourself and you will not require government help.

No, I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE MISINFORMED. gLAD YOU DIDN'T LOSE YOUR JOB IN THE LATEST REAGANIST/Pub MEltdown...gd shift key- see sig para 1- it's hard to fight the piss down, voodoo, pander to the rich bs...I'm fine thanks, dingbat.

Last edited:
Both Parties are for Off-Shoring, Business Visas and Illegals...The Brain Child of the Wall Streeters who owned Reagan.
Yes, Reaganomics is good for ANYONE of ANY Party in a position to take advantage of the Global Employee Pool that greedy a$$es such as Rush gush over.
And it's STILL ruining the US.

Obama is a phony MD with a Band-Aid...All talk and weak suggestions.

It's not his fault the TP GOP IS MORE MINDLESSLY OBSTUCTIONIST THAN ANYTHING ever seen...
Vote the bums out...

Please don't feed the trolls.

Working out exactly what you are saying here is a bit beyond my capabilities. I would like to make a little comment on your "numbers are finite" statement. Just because you can only count to 10 does not mean numbers are finite. :disbelief:

Well that's the problem. Most low information voters can't comprehend the big numbers. Numbers as in counting aren't finite, unfortunately though the numbers associated with jobs and money are. Do some research and get back to me once you understand the whole picture.

Well that's the problem. Most low information voters can't comprehend the big numbers. Numbers as in counting aren't finite, unfortunately though the numbers associated with jobs and money are. Do some research and get back to me once you understand the whole picture.

Can I get back to you now or should I wait until I'm done lmao. What about statistics and probability? They're are not "counting numbers" math. The fact of the matter is that one can not control, predetermine, the random variable. The bell curve is a given and where one comes into being on the bell curve is pure chance. You were just as likely to come into this world as a peasant as you were as a king, you were most likely to come in as middle-class by defintion. What we can change and influence is the range which the bell curve covers. We can also influence the ability to move from on quadrant of the bell curve to another.

Can I get back to you now or should I wait until I'm done lmao. What about statistics and probability? They're are not "counting numbers" math. The fact of the matter is that one can not control, predetermine, the random variable. The bell curve is a given and where one comes into being on the bell curve is pure chance. You were just as likely to come into this world as a peasant as you were as a king, you were most likely to come in as middle-class by defintion. What we can change and influence is the range which the bell curve covers. We can also influence the ability to move from on quadrant of the bell curve to another.

The fact you are lmao'ing pretty much confirms I am talking to a complete moron. Probability ceases being a probability once the statistics are calculated. You seem to think these two items are a continual moving target that can never be pinned down. Once we have the probability (a prediction) set we can then easily move on to the reality (the statistic) of if the previous prediction was accurate or not.

The bell curve is something people like you who are at the bottom use to make yourselves seem average when the truth is you are causing the average to drop. Your ignorance has caused the bell curve to shift to the left making you think you are actually not as stupid as you are. It didn't really change your intellect or comprehension abilities it just made you feel better about being a dumb person. The bell curve doesn't change the number of smart people in the study. It does however make the dumb ones not feel so bad since they get to reside in a bigger pool of stupid. And man are you swimming in the deep end of stupid.

Forum List

Back